PDA

View Full Version : SOMEONE HIT MY CAR!!!

Xenon
09-18-2004, 07:39 PM
See Pics Here (http://www.imagestation.com/album/?id=3654335093&code=11911397&mode=invite&cmp=EMC-AlbumInvite)

I was at Eaton Centre Downtown Toronto... it happened in the parking lot...

I came home cleaned it as much as I could and then took the first set of pics. Then I used a hair dryer to pop out the dent as much as I could. The top portion of the bumper is still very messed up. The side and rear not so much.

Look at the pics to see for yourself.

It looks like someone wasn\'t paying attention and hit the corner of my car at about 5-10 km/h. No idea who did it.

FLIPSPEED or anyone that could help: I would just like to know how much it is to buy a whole new back bumper. Does the bumper come painted?

wtom
09-18-2004, 08:47 PM
Shit man, you got my sympathies... I\'m surprised the hair dryer helped that much!

Now the rest of us gotta keep an eye out for any car out there with Winning Blue on a corner of the car... :)

MajesticBlueNTO
09-18-2004, 09:05 PM
Originally posted by Xenon

FLIPSPEED or anyone that could help: I would just like to know how much it is to buy a whole new back bumper. Does the bumper come painted?

Xenon, that sucks man...you have my condolences :(

as for the new bumper, they usually don\'t come painted. There\'s a shop called Car Wings Auto that did my buddy\'s Stillen kit (front, rear, side skirts) for ~$200 and the work is good.

not sure on the price of a new bumper, but i\'m guessing ~$600, if not more?!

billyfo
09-18-2004, 09:22 PM
damn, that\'s hurt, for this damage I think you should file to police and ins broker, it won\'t cause your premium to go up, let\'s them handle it and hopefully find who did it for you, Eaton Center should have cctv at parking lot.

///M
09-19-2004, 01:21 AM
Bumper cover is about $350 or so provided there\'s no structural damage beneath that\'s all you\'ll need. They come primed but not painted.

I got mine replaced a while ago...I got hit by a minivan (hit and run) while my car was parked in a driveway...left a dent and a DEEP scratch.

I recommend European Autobody (14 Goodmark place...near Steeles/Hwy 27) to do the paint and install...they\'re somewhat expensive but they\'re by far the best bodyshop in the GTA if not Canada. They\'re the only bodyshop in Canada factory authorized by Ferrari...and mainly work on Ferraris, Maseratis and BMWs.

Get the job done right even if it means paying more or you\'ll regret it.

Oh, and I hate the Eaton Centre parking garage...last time there was a lineup on the steep ramp up there...I managed to stall the car twice and rolled back and almost hit the car behind. It\'s pretty expensive the park there too.

Newlook
09-19-2004, 02:51 AM
WTH.... Oh man, this ****ing sucks.... especially it\'s the 2nd time happened to your car. Was that what you called me for this evening? Sorry dude I was at work...

MajesticBlueNTO
09-19-2004, 04:55 AM
Originally posted by autoexe

Oh, and I hate the Eaton Centre parking garage...last time there was a lineup on the steep ramp up there...I managed to stall the car twice and rolled back and almost hit the car behind. It\'s pretty expensive the park there too.

park at the parking lot below yonge/dundas square...newer, cleaner and better designed than the eaton centre parking lot.

Xenon
09-19-2004, 01:58 PM

Bumper cover is about $350 or so provided there\'s no structural damage beneath that\'s all you\'ll need. They come primed but not painted.

I got mine replaced a while ago...I got hit by a minivan (hit and run) while my car was parked in a driveway...left a dent and a DEEP scratch.

I recommend European Autobody (14 Goodmark place...near Steeles/Hwy 27) to do the paint and install...they\'re somewhat expensive but they\'re by far the best bodyshop in the GTA if not Canada. They\'re the only bodyshop in Canada factory authorized by Ferrari...and mainly work on Ferraris, Maseratis and BMWs.

How much was the paint job?

billyfo
09-19-2004, 02:57 PM
it should be around $250, of course depending on labour cost.

my previous Accord was hit at back, just a punture of the other car lic plate screw, body shop quoted me about $650 (I think, can\'t remember) for a new one, or below $500 just for repair.

billyfo
09-19-2004, 03:00 PM
Originally posted by MajesticBlueN

park at the parking lot below yonge/dundas square...newer, cleaner and better designed than the eaton centre parking lot.

actually I hate every parking building in Downtown, too dark, no indication where is the exit and too many concrete(sp) wall:p

bDeE
09-19-2004, 04:34 PM
Ouch. Sorry to hear about that Xenon. Isnt this the second time that your car has been damaged thanks to someone else? Wow...those civic owners must be real jealous....

damn them!!

aabase
09-19-2004, 05:10 PM
sorry to hear that xenon. i hope you find the culprit and let him/her pay for the damage...:(

FLIPDADY
09-20-2004, 01:05 PM
That sucks Xenon, I flippin\' hate those kind of damages(hit and run). You\'re looking at around $294.00 taxes in for the bumper. As long as there is no other interior damage like the re-bar or brackets. For painting pretty much any bodyshop could do the job for you. Like Majestic posted, Car Wings Auto in Thornhill paints a lot of body kits and they do a good job at it.

civiclad
09-20-2004, 01:50 PM
Xenon, i\'m truly sorry to hear about the damage to your car. This happended to me once and I was angry for weeks, not only because of the damage but because of the extra $$$$ I had to spend to get my car fixed.

///M
09-22-2004, 02:48 AM
Originally posted by Xenon

How much was the paint job?

I think it cost about $600-650 total including the bumper...can\'t really remember.

Hypothrml
09-22-2004, 10:14 AM
Hey Xenon,

Sorry to hear about your car, but you seem to have some bad luck with the car. What you need to do is pray to the car gods, give food offering and burn some incents in front of your car to get rid off that bad mojo. I did for my car after my accident and so far so good.

Xenon
09-22-2004, 06:46 PM
Thank you all for your condolences. I\'m probably not going to have the money to fix anything until the spring. so I\'ll just have to leave the bumper as is.

As for praying to the car gods, I have been worshiping them ever since I got my car. Maybe they need an improved shrine (aka Garage) for them. :p I\'ll paint mine up and make it look really spiffy :p