PDA

View Full Version : megnaflow 15127 cat back exhaust too loud or deep

garysilva
11-30-2014, 04:52 PM
so i just got a megnaflow cat back installed but i find that the noise is either too loud or deep when i had it stock it sounded a hole lot quieter what are my options of makeing it quiet again but still get the megnaflow exhaust tip

FD22
11-30-2014, 04:53 PM
One option would be adding a resonator. Otherwise, if it's still too loud for you, maybe you can just keep the tip and go back to stock piping for the rest of the exhaust system.

Not much you can do once it's already installed. That's why for something like an exhaust, it's best to hear your options in person before making the purchase and installing it on your own car.

Rogreborn
11-30-2014, 05:25 PM
If you find it too loud might have to try a diff exhaust. Racing beat is probably the most quiet aftermarket exhaust, and it has nice tip. Listen to the exhaust sound thread i have mine up there.

6strings
12-02-2014, 11:32 AM
Definitely try to check out exhausts in person rather than just youtube.
You'll find that magnaflow isn't all that loud once you get used to it, I have this exhaust and it sounds very nice.

garysilva
12-21-2014, 11:46 PM
I installed a resonator it made it a hole lot quiet then before but I was looking into the vibrant ultra quiet ones I'm just curious if it will make a difference if I swap resonators

FD22
12-22-2014, 01:55 PM
I installed a resonator it made it a hole lot quiet then before but I was looking into the vibrant ultra quiet ones I'm just curious if it will make a difference if I swap resonators
I've got the Vibrant Ultra-Quiet Resonator on my Borla CBE and it definitely does tone it down, and more importantly for me, gets rid of most of the drone at cruising speeds.

js593
12-22-2014, 04:14 PM
The 15127 doesn't include an inboard resonator, like most others do. Adding a resonator in-line would greatly reduce the drone and overall sound, but may also rob some of the "performance" gain, (if there is any lol)

I've heard a few people say the same thing locally, since ive sold this kit a few times. Most times a resonator made it sound perfect. That being said, you will void the warranty on the kit, as well as change the tone entirely.