PDA

View Full Version : To be 20 years old again...

idreamofmazda
09-25-2004, 11:36 AM
You young guys are lucky. I had my Indigo Blue Mazda washed today by some young girls raising money. They really liked my car, but too bad for them I am married, and a little too old for them. When my wife and I where car shopping, she picked the colour actually. So it must be nice to be 20 years old, single, and driving a Mazda 3. ;)

Dr Butcher
09-25-2004, 02:48 PM
Originally posted by idreamofmazda

You young guys are lucky. I had my Indigo Blue Mazda washed today by some young girls raising money. They really liked my car, but too bad for them I am married, and a little too old for them. When my wife and I where car shopping, she picked the colour actually. So it must be nice to be 20 years old, single, and driving a Mazda 3. ;)

Damn, I was out 3-stepping the car this morning and I actually had someone stop to talk to me about the car. A 50 somethingish year old Iranian dude..... Where are the hotties in my area?

I have a g/f and love her very much, so take my comments with a grain of salt :)

rsx_r04
09-25-2004, 07:59 PM
Yeah, it sure does!

You only live once.

///M
09-26-2004, 02:09 AM
19, single, drive a Mazda3 Sport GT ;)

I\'ve had people approach me and talk about the car, but no girls. :( LOL

wtom
09-26-2004, 04:42 AM
This girl who drives a black RSX often has her car parked next or nearby mine at my work place. I\'ve seen her a few times already but we have yet to talk to each other or even say hi... i\'m so bad.

I don\'t notice a lot of females checking out my car when I drive by them. It\'s mostly males. :(

civiclad
09-27-2004, 03:24 PM
I normally park close to the main entrance of my building as i\'m in early (7am), the smokers normally congregate close to where my car is normally parked, and i\'ve had a few female smokers comment or ask questions about my car. Nothing to write home about though :D

Xenon
09-27-2004, 03:31 PM
I\'m 19, Winning blue hatch... no gf :(

When i was driving along Hwy 10 to the Westside premeet, I was stopped at a red light... some black guy in a 2000 maxima pulled up beside me and said\" That\'s one f$#king nice car... wanna trade?\"

RedRaptor
09-27-2004, 03:51 PM
I think one thing to note is when you\'re 20 and driving a Mazda 3, all you got in terms of assets is a Mazda 3 or not even for those who have their parents pay for it. Some of the older guys who are in their mid 30s probably own a Mazda 3, a house, a boat and a family. So it all balances out.

More guys definately check out the 3 than girls. I find they usually stare at the wheels more than anything.

My only encounter with girls so far with my car is on 2nd day of owning it at around the Yonge and Empress intersection. I let these two Japanese girls J-Walk in front of me and they responded by nodding and smiling. I smiled back and they were giggling, they walked to the passenger side window and said Hi and then they talked Japanese to each other and then to me.

I drove away...because I didn\'t know what they were saying to me.

wtom
09-27-2004, 03:58 PM
Originally posted by RedRaptor

I smiled back and they were giggling, they walked to the passenger side window and said Hi and then they talked Japanese to each other and then to me.

You idiot! They wanted to ride in your car and go back to your place with you!!!! :D

You look Japanese? or were playing J-Pop music?

RedRaptor
09-27-2004, 04:09 PM
Hahaha...no I wasn\'t playing JPop, my radio is usually on Edge 102.1 or Flow 93.5

Look Japanese? Nope. Probably look a bit \"half-ty\", but not Japanese for sure.

They were both cute, maybe if I was single I would have tried to understand them.

Grifter
09-27-2004, 04:26 PM
I\'m gonna have to agree with the general concensus here. I get some looks and questions but from guys only. The first time was at meet #2 (when wtom didn\'t have his car yet)...I went to get him from the hot dog vendor and the the hot dog guy came up to say \'nice car\' and to ask me some stuff...second time, I was at a red light and some dude rolls down the passenger window in his truck to ask me how I liked it.

I think I need to start going to the same car wash that idreamofmazda goes to :D :D

Xenon
09-27-2004, 04:28 PM

Hahaha.... I can only imagine the quizical look on your face as you started to accelarate..

Dr Butcher
09-27-2004, 05:27 PM

I could have told you... *chews gum*

Fruity fruit flavours, a-huh a-huh
Citrus makes me dance!

///M
09-27-2004, 10:48 PM
I think one thing to note is when you\'re 20 and driving a Mazda 3, all you got in terms of assets is a Mazda 3 or not even for those who have their parents pay for it. Some of the older guys who are in their mid 30s probably own a Mazda 3, a house, a boat and a family. So it all balances out.

My parents payed for my car (yeah yeah I\'m spoilt! :p) but I\'m the registered owner and primary (and only) driver. Then again, I don\'t live with them anymore (they moved back to HK).

midnightfxgt
09-27-2004, 11:26 PM
Thats where all the money to mod comes from!! :P

I wish I was 20 again..... The last 2 years have gone by too fast :P

Same thing, usually dude asking about the car. Had a guy in an RX8 pull up and ask a ton of stuff about it. Said he bought his car cuz he liked the look, now he thinks he wants to keep it a while and should get a winter car...... I told him the 3 is a NIIIICE winter only car lol. (He did go on to say maybe he will let his kids use it in summer LOL)

~JOHN

///M
09-27-2004, 11:29 PM
Originally posted by midnightfxgt

Thats where all the money to mod comes from!! :P

Savings. I don\'t hold a job anymore (haven\'t since last summer) and I\'ve pretty much exhausted my savings on mods. Now I\'m broke. :(

Xenon
09-27-2004, 11:41 PM
Next year, when I have a full time job in the summer, HIDs and upgraded Audio will be what I\'m looking for.

///M
09-28-2004, 02:08 AM
while on this topic...
check out the people at Tuning Emotion (www.tuningemotion.com)

the admin\'s 22 and he\'s been through a 328i, 2 M3s and a 911!!! crazy people...
that aside, the people there DO have some very very nicely modded cars

this is what I call a hot wagon:
http://photos.e46fanatics.com/data/500/2392DSN2733.jpg

http://photos.e46fanatics.com/data/500/2392DSN2727.jpg

http://photos.e46fanatics.com/data/500/2392DSN2741.jpg

I\'ve taken pics at the same place :p
http://individual.utoronto.ca/cc_706/photoshoot3/03.jpg

oh_bs
10-06-2004, 08:23 AM
Originally posted by midnightfxgt

I wish I was 20 again..... The last 2 years have gone by too fast :P

Where have the last 11 years gone!! Man! No complaints though - just wish I knew then what I know now.

All sorts of people comment on my car - most like the colour (Copper/Orange/Sunlight.../Lava)