PDA

View Full Version : Photos from Meet #5

wtom
09-26-2004, 03:28 AM
Hey boys and girls, here are a few photos from our fifth official Toronto Mazda3 meet! Hope you all have signed up with ImageStation to view the photos by now! :)

http://www.imagestation.com/album/?id=3489280093

MAZDA Kitten
09-26-2004, 09:07 AM
*tear* wish I made. Looks like a great turn out.
There is always #6

majic
09-26-2004, 12:15 PM
Originally posted by wtom

Hey boys and girls, here are a few photos from our fifth official Toronto Mazda3 meet! Hope you all have signed up with ImageStation to view the photos by now! :)

http://www.imagestation.com/album/?id=3489280093

DAMMIT!!! why can\'t we veiw these w/o signing up?? ugh..

Originally posted by MAZDA Kitten

*tear* wish I made. Looks like a great turn out.
There is always #6

oh i guess i didn\'t miss much... :p j/k

actually today on the 403 ramp (between winston churchill and dundas) I saw some hottie in a black mazda3 GT GFX.. :D she had some kind of yellow orange flowers hanging off the rearview mirror.. i take it wasn\'t you?

I wish i could have come to the meet.. but i ended up without a car last minute .. grrr.. maybe i\'ll show up in my own mazda 3 to the next one :D

Newlook
09-26-2004, 03:17 PM
My photos are here:

Click me (http://ca.pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/gtabus/album?.dir=d5f1&.src=ph&store=&prodid=&.done=http% 3a//ca.pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/gtabus/my_photos)

sw0rdfish
09-26-2004, 09:58 PM
I put up a site of my pictures... The last one is a movie, but it\'s pretty big... so PM me if you want to see it. it\'s just a drive by of the cars parked..... it\'s not great, but it\'s ok..

Click Here For dotsw0rdfish Pics (http://www.dotsw0rdfish.com/mazdameet5/index.html)

I used picasa to make the page... it\'s so damn easy! If you have lots of pictures I recomend downloading and using Picasa...

www.picasa.com... it\'s made by google ( well, they bought it, but whatever ), so it\'s pretty safe

Grifter
09-26-2004, 10:15 PM
I see my car, I SEE MY CAR!!!

...sorry, got a little excited :D :D :D

majic
09-26-2004, 10:19 PM
nice pics.. and comments ;)

i like that stubby aluminum one.. is that mikespike\'s? how\'s the reception? do you have any other ones?

as for picasa.. i use breezbrowser (it works very well with canon cameras) and it creates HTML pages with ease.. what sold me on BB is that you can rotate all the pics losslessy and you can revert to the date the pic was taken (not when you downsloaded it to your PC) it\'s also very easy to use

another good html album maker is ACDSee

super_vixen
09-26-2004, 10:25 PM
I just wanted to say that it was great to meet everyone! I apologize for the crankiness of my son...he broke a tooth today, so it was probably a good reason he wasn\'t in the best mood yesterday.

But I learned my lesson..a car meet, in a parking lot, next to the 401 and a very busy intersection, is NOT the place for an over-active 20 month old :)

But I had a fun time, and I hope that the next meet I can make it to, I\'ll actually get to talk to people! I felt so anti-social! I will get my pics up hopefully tomorrow...after I finish my million other house/mother chores!

Thanks for having a girl at the meet! :)

MAZDA Kitten
09-26-2004, 11:43 PM
Originally posted by super_vixen

Taking one for the team! :D

MAZDA Kitten
09-26-2004, 11:45 PM
Originally posted by majic

actually today on the 403 ramp (between winston churchill and dundas) I saw some hottie in a black mazda3 GT GFX.. :D she had some kind of yellow orange flowers hanging off the rearview mirror.. i take it wasn\'t you?

I was on the 403 today in that area around 11am and then again around 11pm. But my lay is PINK not orange. So it couldnt have been me :p

majic
09-26-2004, 11:59 PM
THAT\'s the word i was looking for .. ley/lea .. maybe it was pink? i dunno.. it was girly.. did you see a guy in a silver accord passing by on the left drooling :p then it was me.. and you were in that mazda :D

check out those detective skills... :D
oh yah.. the girl also had dark curly hair.. you?

sw0rdfish
09-27-2004, 12:07 AM
Originally posted by super_vixen

I just wanted to say that it was great to meet everyone! I apologize for the crankiness of my son...he broke a tooth today, so it was probably a good reason he wasn\'t in the best mood yesterday.

But I learned my lesson..a car meet, in a parking lot, next to the 401 and a very busy intersection, is NOT the place for an over-active 20 month old :)

But I had a fun time, and I hope that the next meet I can make it to, I\'ll actually get to talk to people! I felt so anti-social! I will get my pics up hopefully tomorrow...after I finish my million other house/mother chores!

Kids rule though!!!

Frankly I declared him our youngest member!!! get that kid a decal for his harness thingie!!

jimdragon8
09-27-2004, 08:36 AM
I definitely agree that it was a great meet and I was glad to meet everyone for the first time in person. I lost everyone on the cruise since I went on the express lanes. I saw most of you guys inthe collectors near Yonge. I see the trick....go in traffic to draw more attention!!! ;) It definitely drew my attention let alone everyone else driving by!! See you guys at the next meet.:p

MAZDA Kitten
09-27-2004, 11:41 AM

oh yah.. the girl also had dark curly hair.. you?

http://www.click-smilies.de/sammlung0304/traurig/sad-smiley-063.gif yaaaa curly hair... thaaaatssss... it......

LOL
no not me

Xenon
09-27-2004, 04:32 PM
For all those who have posted pics...

if you can put ALL your pics from meet 5 into a Zip folder.... add me to MSn messenger (xenon_lawrence@hotmail.com) and send me the zip File?

I will use them in creating more Toronto Mazda3 Car Club Ads.

david3
09-27-2004, 07:16 PM
I still gotta post MOM and this meet pics. You guys don\'t care about plate #\'s do you? I\'ll probably edit them out but it seems that most people don\'t mind.

sw0rdfish
09-27-2004, 11:45 PM
Originally posted by david3

I still gotta post MOM and this meet pics. You guys don\'t care about plate #\'s do you? I\'ll probably edit them out but it seems that most people don\'t mind.
the only people who read this, had the chance to be there. I don\'t see any sense in hiding the plates.

I could be ignorant, so feel free to fill me in.

Xenon
09-27-2004, 11:47 PM
Re: Hiding the plates:

If someone got a hold of your license plate, they can look up information if they were to hack into the MTO site.

They can find your name, address etc, and from that info, it can lead to they can go into financial records, credit Card numbers, etc.

Worst case scenario, identity theft.

Xenon
09-27-2004, 11:48 PM
Originally posted by david3

For TM3 ads, all license plates will be edited out.

///M
09-28-2004, 01:56 AM
Originally posted by Xenon

If someone got a hold of your license plate, they can look up information if they were to hack into the MTO site.

They can find your name, address etc, and from that info, it can lead to they can go into financial records, credit Card numbers, etc.

They don\'t even need to hack the MTO. I believe the MTO has a service where anyone can pay a small fee and look up the information from a plate.

bubba1983
09-28-2004, 08:18 AM
i godda say, twas a good meet.....still tryin\' to put faces to names tho....hehe...i like the picture of the banner with xenon\'s car and MY CAR on teh other side, *giggle*

MajesticBlueNTO
09-29-2004, 06:10 AM
Originally posted by autoexe

They don\'t even need to hack the MTO. I believe the MTO has a service where anyone can pay a small fee and look up the information from a plate.

available at any MTO ServiceOntario Kiosk for around $20.

enter the license plate number and you get the information of the registered owner.

a few months ago, this is how thieves would steal cars (specifically mercedes-benz\'s):

1) they would obtain the license plate number and then go to the kiosk and obtain the owner\'s info (IIRC, it also gives the VIN number of the vehicle)

2) they would then create bogus ID (Driver\'s License and fake ownership were two that they\'d fake)

3) they would then go into the M-B dealership with the bogus ID, the VIN and plate number of the vehicle and would ask for a replacement key. the ID, fake ownership with VIN and plate number all looking legit, a key would be processed for them based on the records in the M-B dealership\'s computer.

4) overnight, drive by the house and steal the car right off the driveway.

i know it sounds like the scene from \"Gone in 60 Seconds\" except, in this case, the dealership guy wasn\'t in on it...the information was obtained freely.

majic
09-29-2004, 08:28 AM
but in our case you need to show both original keys to get a new one correct? not that there isn\'t a way around THAT..

but most thieves don\'t bother with the hassle of making fake IDs.. they just break into somone\'s house take their keys and off they go.,. much easier IMO..

man i finally figured out wiat IIRC stands for.. i always thought it was something like international rally circuit or such.. ugh :sarc

if i recall correctly - right?

bluntman
09-29-2004, 09:45 AM

ROTFLMAO...right. :p

majic
09-29-2004, 11:23 AM
it\'s not that funny :hoho

i was always so confused b/c i\'ve ONLY seen it on car boards.. ugh

maybe we should have a sticky thread somewehre with all the most commonly used acronyms? i dunno, just a thought ..

bluntman
09-29-2004, 11:54 AM
Gotta love the acronyms! :D

MajesticBlueNTO
09-29-2004, 12:05 PM

but in our case you need to show both original keys to get a new one correct? not that there isn\'t a way around THAT..

but most thieves don\'t bother with the hassle of making fake IDs.. they just break into somone\'s house take their keys and off they go.,. much easier IMO..

man i finally figured out wiat IIRC stands for.. i always thought it was something like international rally circuit or such.. ugh :sarc

in our case you\'d have to have one of the original keys with you in order for it to be cut, and then you need both originals so that you can program it for the immobilizer.

in the case of M-Bs, it\'s a \"light\" in the key that the dealership would have knowledge of what to program.

you\'re right, breaking and entering is much easier but, if the thieves are ever caught, they\'ve got both B&E and GTA (Grand Theft Auto) to worry about...which i don\'t think they care too much about since they\'re already got theft on their mind

jimdragon8
09-29-2004, 01:17 PM
Finally, figured out how to put pictures onto the website. Click on the link to see the pictures that we took. Enjoy guys, thanks again to my girlfriend Sherryl who took the pictures!!!! :D

http://www.ofoto.com/BrowsePhotos.jsp?&collid=19417812406

bluntman
09-29-2004, 02:09 PM
Geez, your gf looks a lot like an old friend of mine named Cheryl ******.

FLIPDADY
09-29-2004, 02:11 PM
Where did you get the alluminum dash kit done?

jimdragon8
09-29-2004, 02:55 PM
Funny, since my girlfriend\'s name is Sherryl as well, different last name though.

I got the dealer to throw in the dash kit as part of the package. That was the reason why I got silver sedan instead of other colours.

Xenon
09-29-2004, 08:20 PM

maybe we should have a sticky thread somewehre with all the most commonly used acronyms? i dunno, just a thought ..

Try This: http://www.AcronymFinder.com

I took the librity of submitting TM3 alrady on that site :D

wtom
09-30-2004, 10:00 AM

I took the librity of submitting TM3 alrady on that site :D

Acronym - Definition
TM3 - Toronto Mazda 3 (car club, Toronto, Ontario, Canada)
TM3 - Torpedoman Third Class (naval rating)
TM3 - Trade-off Mobilization Macro Model

When can we start torpedo-ing those jack-asses that keep cutting us off in mid-cruise!??!

bluntman
09-30-2004, 10:41 AM
Start tailgating eachother so there\'s no room!:)

mEtH
09-30-2004, 11:24 AM
This just in, a 20 car pile up on the 401 west today, all of which were Mazda 3\'s is slowing down traffic for as far as I can see.

majic
09-30-2004, 01:31 PM
damn.. i just read the last 2 msgs and i was like.. shiat..

*goes on google/yahoo/am640news to look for the headline*

ugh i thought it was a real crash.. dammit.. i almost died from pain.. :hoho