PDA

View Full Version : Where to find a coilovers suspension in ontario?

Billz
01-26-2015, 11:34 PM
Does anyone kno where to get a half decent coilovers suspension in ontario at a half decent price. Don't like ordering over ten Web and can't leave the country.

Girds
01-26-2015, 11:36 PM
Does anyone kno where to get a half decent coilovers suspension in ontario at a half decent price. Don't like ordering over ten Web and can't leave the country.

Check out the sponsors on the forum garage 16 and nextmod I believe carry some

Billz
01-26-2015, 11:42 PM
Seen them I like the yonaka system but 850 hoping could find a cheaper price

S.F.W.
01-26-2015, 11:57 PM
Seen them I like the yonaka system but 850 hoping could find a cheaper price
Yiu bet what you pay for with coilovers. Only cheaper options will be raceland or used.

07carbon3
01-26-2015, 11:59 PM
buy raceland

JuniorTombu_
02-02-2015, 04:05 AM
Honestly I wouldn't get racelands slamming your mazda in general is a risk due to the way mazda set it up. I'd go with yonaka, I just ordered a set for my mazda. Take the time and look up the risks of lowering a mazda 3

Dave_The_BMXER
02-02-2015, 08:27 AM
Stop spreading misinformation, there's no risk and Yonakas do not go low.

Aitch
02-02-2015, 09:51 AM
Honestly I wouldn't get racelands slamming your mazda in general is a risk due to the way mazda set it up. I'd go with yonaka, I just ordered a set for my mazda. Take the time and look up the risks of lowering a mazda 3

In your other thread, you said you'd "heard" of these risks, but offered no proof. We appreciate all opinions, but the hundreds of people here who've lowered their cars over the years would very much disagree with that opinion.

There is no risk in lowering a Mazda3 compared to lowering any other car.

Lmmorden
02-03-2015, 01:30 PM
In your other thread, you said you'd "heard" of these risks, but offered no proof. We appreciate all opinions, but the hundreds of people here who've lowered their cars over the years would very much disagree with that opinion.

Yes there is.... Skid plate
Ugh

.. I think the manual said something about bursting into flames

JuniorTombu_
02-03-2015, 03:05 PM
Yes there is.... Skid plate
Ugh

.. I think the manual said something about bursting into flames

[emoji106][emoji106][emoji106]

JuniorTombu_
02-03-2015, 03:07 PM

Ask any mechanic, can it be done yeah it can. But it's not like lowering a civic. I'm simply saying there's a risk ( theirs a lot of *******s on this forum) [emoji23]

midnightfxgt
02-03-2015, 03:17 PM
Ask any mechanic, can it be done yeah it can. But it's not like lowering a civic. I'm simply saying there's a risk ( theirs a lot of *******s on this forum) [emoji23]

How is it different than lowering a Civic? You have no clue what you're talking about.

Where is Ami? He has a New Years Resolution to keep in here lol

S.F.W.
02-03-2015, 03:19 PM
How is it different than lowering a Civic? You have no clue what you're talking about.

Where is Ami? He has a New Years Resolution to keep in here lol
I'm here...not yet...soon though.

JuniorTombu_
02-03-2015, 03:20 PM
http://tapatalk.imageshack.com/v2/15/02/03/489b0ab013259ac2789e2e3088b912b1.jpg

But idk what I'm talking about, Google it buddy boy. Call your #1 mechanic and ask him. It can be done but there's more of a risk for the mazda. I don't get how that's hard to understand and why ppl argue. It's my input don't like it don't make a Reply it's simple. People on this forum need to grow up [emoji23]

JuniorTombu_
02-03-2015, 03:21 PM
I'm not here to argue , I'm simply telling the guy that posted this, it's a minor risk. Now move on.

midnightfxgt
02-03-2015, 03:21 PM
18yr old kids, will be 18yr old kids. Clueless.

midnightfxgt
02-03-2015, 03:22 PM
I'm not here to argue , I'm simply telling the guy that posted this, it's a minor risk. Now move on.

But it is not. And you have no clue what you're talking about. That pic is talking about camber, and stretched tires.

JuniorTombu_
02-03-2015, 03:26 PM

Do your research man, I'm not saying you can't do it because I did. I'm just letting you know there's minor risks. Just look it up. People in this forum just run their mouth and don't know shit. I'm a mechanic and I have been since I was 16 ( first motor swap) I know my shit. Now I'm done arguing here got better things to do. Wish you luck with the coils man.

Hyperion
02-03-2015, 03:28 PM
When I read things like this, I convince myself people are just trolling, and that no one can be this stupid.

midnightfxgt
02-03-2015, 03:37 PM
Do your research man, I'm not saying you can't do it because I did. I'm just letting you know there's minor risks. Just look it up. People in this forum just run their mouth and don't know shit. I'm a mechanic and I have been since I was 16 ( first motor swap) I know my shit. Now I'm done arguing here got better things to do. Wish you luck with the coils man.

1) You are not a Mechanic. You're an 18yr old kid.
2) There are no risks, other than being lower to the ground, and hitting things that stick up.

Please show me these google searches you speak about where a Mazda is so much different than a Civic. Or at least explain the non-existent differences.

greyseason
02-03-2015, 03:44 PM
I didnt know my car was so special!

In that screenshot, hes talking about your civic JuniorTombu_ ,correct?
As a mechanic you should know when tires are toast, let alone when the cords are coming out..

There are alot of 'qualified' people that dont know a spoon from a fork, and there are 'unqualified' people that could take that fork and turn it into a knife

Aitch
02-03-2015, 04:04 PM
Do your research man, I'm not saying you can't do it because I did. I'm just letting you know there's minor risks. Just look it up.

"Minor risks" when before it was "slamming your mazda in general is a risk due to the way mazda set it up" which sounds a lot more foreboding:

http://tapatalk.imageshack.com/v2/15/02/03/489b0ab013259ac2789e2e3088b912b1.jpg

But idk what I'm talking about, Google it buddy boy. Call your #1 mechanic and ask him. It can be done but there's more of a risk for the mazda. I don't get how that's hard to understand and why ppl argue. It's my input don't like it don't make a Reply it's simple. People on this forum need to grow up [emoji23]

Your input is based on stuff that can affect any slammed car (strain on drive shaft/CV/ball joints, problems with excessive camber). That shop didn't want to slam the car due to general concerns, not because it was a Mazda. I think you're misunderstanding what they said.

None of this is unique to Mazda and in fact your own "evidence" backs this up by referencing your old Civic and the problems it had from being slammed.

People in this forum just run their mouth and don't know shit. I'm a mechanic and I have been since I was 16 ( first motor swap) I know my shit. Now I'm done arguing here got better things to do. Wish you luck with the coils man.

Quoted for the irony.

My #1 mechanic has lowered a LOT of the cars on this forum. Everyone knows the inherent risks of lowering, but they are NOT specific to Mazda. Maybe you know your shit. But so does my mechanic and many, many of the experienced members here who have been at it for a lot longer than 2 years.

JuniorTombu_
02-03-2015, 04:05 PM

As a mechanic you should know when tires are toast, let alone when the cords are coming out..

There are alot of 'qualified' people that dont know a spoon from a fork, and there are 'unqualified' people that could take that fork and turn it into a knife

No sir he's talking about my mazda

JuniorTombu_
02-03-2015, 04:07 PM
"Minor risks" when before it was "slamming your mazda in general is a risk due to the way mazda set it up" which sounds a lot more foreboding:

Your input is based on stuff that can affect any slammed car (strain on drive shaft/CV/ball joints, problems with excessive camber). That shop didn't want to slam the car due to general concerns, not because it was a Mazda. I think you're misunderstanding what they said.

None of this is unique to Mazda and in fact your own "evidence" backs this up by referencing your old Civic and the problems it had from being slammed.

Quoted for the irony.

My #1 mechanic has lowered a LOT of the cars on this forum. Everyone knows the inherent risks of lowering, but they are NOT specific to Mazda. Maybe you know your shit. But so does my mechanic and many, many of the experienced members here who have been at it for a lot longer than 2 years.

I said minor risks man. I didn't tell him not to do it I said for him to do his research first. Come on guys read what I'm saying man. Before you argue with me. My mazdas lowered as well. I'm not telling him NOT to just to simply look it up, so your correct man I'm not arguing with anyone.

JuniorTombu_
02-03-2015, 04:08 PM
For my civic ?? No the screenshot is for my mazda :s fully says so.

JuniorTombu_
02-03-2015, 04:10 PM

Quoted for the irony.

Okay well I've been told it's more likely to happen with the way the mazdas are set up. Maybe I'm wrong maybe I'm right , but in the end just telling the guy that asked for help my opinion, no need for you guys to argue with me. When I'm simply telling him what I've been told

Aitch
02-03-2015, 04:12 PM
For my civic ?? No the screenshot is for my mazda :s fully says so.

He references your corded tires on the Civic, right after talking about lowering problems - implies the Civic got corded tires from such an arrangement. Maybe he also expected you would be prone to running unsafe equipment.

JuniorTombu_
02-03-2015, 04:15 PM
He references your corded tires on the Civic, right after talking about lowering problems - implies the Civic got corded tires from such an arrangement. Maybe he also expected you would be prone to running unsafe equipment.

Yes but the civic was scrap, and wasn't lowered. Im just letting the person who made this discussion know the risks. Like I said MY MAZDA IS ON COILS And I have no issues

jeffjones
02-03-2015, 04:16 PM
I'm a mechanic and I have been since I was 16 ( first motor swap) I know my shit. Now I'm done arguing here got better things to do. Wish you luck with the coils man.

If your a mechanic, why are you asking someone else to lower your car for you?

JuniorTombu_
02-03-2015, 04:22 PM

Because I work full time and don't have much time to do it myself ... Is that an issue? And what does that have to do with anything in this discussion? Stay on topic buddy. :)

Hyperion
02-03-2015, 04:22 PM
Hint, he's not really a mechanic

JuniorTombu_
02-03-2015, 04:24 PM

Yes I know that, plus my civic was a year ago, but I'm just letting you know do your research man. That's it. My mazdas lowered and I have yet to have any issues. Sorry for all this nonsense people like to start

JuniorTombu_
02-03-2015, 04:26 PM
Hint, he's not really a mechanic

You guys have nothing better to do? Hahahahahaha what a joke. Idc what you think or anybody thinks. Stay on topic buddy. Enough talking about me holy shit how about you help the guy out asking questions. Moron

Hyperion
02-03-2015, 04:30 PM
You guys have nothing better to do? Hahahahahaha what a joke. Idc what you think or anybody thinks. Stay on topic buddy. Enough talking about me holy shit how about you help the guy out asking questions. Moron
You've already helped him though.
And no, I literally have nothing better to do.

JuniorTombu_
02-03-2015, 04:34 PM
You've already helped him though.
And no, I literally have nothing better to do.

[emoji514]

Hyperion
02-03-2015, 04:38 PM
[emoji514]
Aren't you supposed to be working on cars?
Or does no one come to you any more?

Aitch
02-03-2015, 04:38 PM
And so this thread has also fallen victim.

loki
02-03-2015, 05:28 PM
my eyes......