PDA

View Full Version : Promo Payments

Xenon
09-29-2004, 08:52 PM
Hi Everyone.

I just was curious of what people think of this:

When we get the baseball hats, t-shirts and toques going, we\'re going to be working with $10\'s of dollars versus the single digit dollars we have going for the plate stickers and decals.

I was going to set up a PayPal account for TM3 Promotions. From this account you\'d be able to buy (and at the same time reserve) any TM3 merchandise we have. Including Decals, Stickers, Hats, toques etc.

I figure since I\'m going to get members to prepay for big things like clothing,You can do it at your own convienience from home. I\'ll just show up to the meets with everything all set.

You think it\'s a good idea? Because on top of that I think I\'d be able to setup Credit Card Payments too.

david3
09-29-2004, 10:09 PM
Ever thought of using cafepress?

mEtH
09-29-2004, 10:10 PM
But if you are receiving a payment through paypal therer is a charge to the person receiving the money. There would have to be an additional charge to make up for that.

If, im wrong just say so, but I am pretty sure that\'s how it works.

Xenon
09-29-2004, 10:11 PM
Ya, i\'d have to look into it more.

david3: What\'s cafepress?

majic
09-30-2004, 09:48 AM
CC i like - points for us!! :D like airmiles and stuff

paypal - i don\'t like due to the overhead cost incurred by TM3 (the payee pays a fee on each transaction i believe)

if you can get a free CC option then that\'s fine otherwise go with the cheapest option for both sides ;)

Dr Butcher
09-30-2004, 10:34 AM
If you set up paypal to link to your bank account and pay that way, the seller doesn\'t pay any fees. If you pay by credit card there is an extra fee.

midnightfxgt
09-30-2004, 11:12 AM
To receive money on paypal is 3% i think, no matter where it comes form. So the \"buyer\" has no cost, but the receiver does.

~JOHN

Dr Butcher
09-30-2004, 11:19 AM
Here\'s a fee schedule. I didn\'t bother checking it out in detail though. :D

https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_display-fees-outside&countries=CA

majic
09-30-2004, 03:10 PM
you could get the free personal account then - but how do you set up the paying person on direct withdrawal from a bank not a CC? how about we make cash/cheque transactions close to your preferred ABM and then you can deposit the money there? or is that too much risk with money out in the open and such?

david3
09-30-2004, 07:29 PM
xenon, cafepress.com

you can setup a shop and allow people to order them and they will make them as needed and ship them. It might be cheaper for some of the low-volume stuff, I\'m not 100% sure of their prices.

Xenon
10-04-2004, 11:38 PM
Originally posted by Dr Butcher

Here\'s a fee schedule. I didn\'t bother checking it out in detail though. :D

https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_display-fees-outside&countries=CA

I would set up a personal account... So the only fee\'s I would incur would be if I made currency exchages.... I\'m assuming all your payments would be made in Canadian Dollars.

majic
10-05-2004, 08:35 AM
actually i still have a lot of rupees in my account that i can pay with :D :D :D :D

Xenon
12-26-2004, 12:26 AM
Originally posted by Xenon

I would set up a personal account... So the only fee\'s I would incur would be if I made currency exchages.... I\'m assuming all your payments would be made in Canadian Dollars.

In addition to those fee\'s Paypal takes 2.9% of the transaction amount for credit card payments. Payments made from a bank account are fee-free (hehe try saying that word 3 times fast).