PDA

View Full Version : Delivery tricks

Melenium
10-01-2004, 02:24 AM
I was just pondering 2 things..

First, what did you guys have listed on your purchase orders in the options column? Mine pretty much just listed GT/GFX/AC/5SP/2.3L/Wheel-locks and thats it (I didn\'t order anything else). Did others have anything else listed from within the packages (eg leather steering wheel which is included in the above)?

Second question, I\'m planning on paying cash, and that was stated on the PO, I left a $500 deposit and that was deducted from the total, leaving the balance oweing. What are the chances of the dealership trying to bill me extra when I arrive to pick up the car. Things I can perhaps imagine if they want to be really shady is that they engrave the windows (when it was _not_ listed on the PO) and try to get me to pay for it, or wait for a car that didn\'t have the engraving; \"trading charges\"; or say they installed the wheel-locks but its $20 for a key-bolt, or other nonsense. Has this kind of trickery happened to anyone, or is it just my overactive and pessimistic imagination? :p

Essentially I should just need a bank draft for the \'balance owing\' amount and thats it, right?

bluntman
10-01-2004, 08:50 AM
IIRC, my PO had a few other codes on it, ones for leather, AC, auto and a moonroof...I think they were two letter codes.

The dealer (or yourself) cannot deviate from the PO without giving your prior knowledge, it\'s a binding contract between you and the dealership. If you want to add a DIO to the contract, no problem, you\'ll just have to pay more money to the dealership and same goes for the dealership.

Stop being so paranoid. ;)

-RJ3-
11-27-2004, 10:39 AM
I don\'t know if this worked for you guys. But I delayed on filling out the survey of erin mills mazda......They called me about filling it in and in. And when I finally completed it the comments under....Would you return to erin mills mazda for your next services, I said Undecided. I added the reason because other dealerships I\'ve heard about gets free touch up paint, engine shampoo, and free oil changes for first visit (So much BS I told them) and It worked!!! I\'ve also received a call from their parts department about the brake dust issue I complained in the survey....I was at work but will return the call soon.

Melenium
11-27-2004, 10:55 AM
Cool... When did you recieve the survey? Did it come in the mail, or did the dealer give it to you?

Dr Butcher
11-28-2004, 05:54 AM
I got my survey in the mail about a month after I took posession of the car. I pretty much said Gyro did a great job so I haven\'t heard anything back from them since (other than my first service date is approaching).

ng3
11-29-2004, 04:20 PM
I was told by the salesman (woman) that I\'ll be getting it and she \"suggested\" i give them a good review...

I did get the first 2 oil changes at a reduced price but i just did them myself... I don\'t want mazda to know how many km I have on the car... :sarc