PDA

View Full Version : Better Headlamps or Hids

MazdaTree
10-02-2004, 02:38 AM
Well a few weeks after I got my car my gf drove it into my garage my accident she didnt have a licence.. blah blah blah long story short i got my bumper painted, garage door replaced BUT i noticed the plastic on the headlamp was cracked I didnt notice anything different AND THEN 2nite i got my carwashed and i came home parked and left it there on the back out i noticed my light had moisture in it due to the cracks

so basically im wonderin if i get xenons/hids does it replace the WHOLE HEADLAMP?
cuz at mazda its 344 a light and i rather jus pay the money and get xenons/hids?
orrr i wanna know if anybody has seen any better headlamps?

im gonna try to go to pacific mall 2mw or sometime this week and check someone told me they saw mazda 3 stuff there so ill see what i find...
but if anyone can help by answerin my questions id really appreciate it

Xenon
10-02-2004, 02:55 AM
Xenon\'s will not replace the headlight housing... just the bulb.

You are better off getting a new housing from the dealership. So if you want HIDs and a replacement headlight housing.. you\'re looking at about $400 USD for the Xenons and I donno how much headlight housing is...

FLIPDADY
10-02-2004, 09:43 AM
The club price for the headlamp housing is $286.00. It\'s still cheaper to buy the regular headlamp and add an aftermarket HID kit. Like I posted before the HID equipped headlights alone are $720 a piece plus the control unit and bulbs.

Xenon
10-02-2004, 02:12 PM
Originally posted by Xenon

Xenon\'s will not replace the headlight housing... just the bulb.

You are better off getting a new housing from the dealership. So if you want HIDs and a replacement headlight housing.. you\'re looking at about $400 USD for the Xenons and I donno how much headlight housing is...

An H7 Xenon HID Upgrade kit is $449.99 USD (works out to $568.05 CDN)from XenonDepot.

If you were to go to SpeedStar, the XenonDepot Canadian contact, I wouldn\'t be surprised if they charged anywhere from $499.99 to $599.99 per set. Plus Taxes and Installation.

MazdaTree
10-02-2004, 05:18 PM
ahhh dats alot i jus came back from pacific mall saw many WINNING BLUE 3s MORE then at our meets lol! but anyways they had nothing and all the prices were too high on things i wanted already like intake springs etc... i saw a nice black sedan with the side mouldings taken off and a few stickers where the 2.3 would regularly go it looked nice..
but yeah other than that no headlights or anything
i was looking at the mesh but i dunno i dont think it will look as nice on our car...
and that carbon fibre sticky crap is too exp $60 for a roll i dont want that much

bluntman
10-02-2004, 07:47 PM
Originally posted by MazdaTree

and that carbon fibre sticky crap is too exp $60 for a roll i dont want that much

I tried that film. I wanted to change the fake CF dash strip with something darker and looking more like genuine CF. It\'s expensive and looked bad when I was finished. I was careful and took my time spreading it out but I still got a lot of tiny bubbles. Had it been done properly I think it would have looked great. I lived with it a couple of weeks and then decided to swap out the fake CF dash strip for the glossy black strip found in the cars with the 2.0L engine.

wtom
10-03-2004, 01:10 AM
Originally posted by MazdaTree

ahhh dats alot i jus came back from pacific mall saw many WINNING BLUE 3s MORE then at our meets lol! but anyways they had nothing and all the prices were too high on things i wanted already like intake springs etc... i saw a nice black sedan with the side mouldings taken off and a few stickers where the 2.3 would regularly go it looked nice..

Looks like I\'ll spend an hour or so at PacMall one of these days slipping my personal invites to the forum here. :p

As for SpeedStar and HID\'s, Xenon was right about the pricing, even on sale;

http://www.speedstar.ca/main_hid_speciall_main.htm