PDA

View Full Version : Click noise when clutching

wtom
10-05-2004, 01:20 PM
I looked this up on M3F and so far the clicky noise in the clutch appears to be normal. I had never had it since taking delivery July 23rd of this year, however after A LOT of clutching when entering Hockley Valley General Store (slowly moving along the bumpy farm grass path) this morning (Tuesday) I noticed about 2/5th depressed of the clutch there would be a click noise. It\'s ALWAYS there now.

Note to self for first service;
- Front window knocking when rolling up
- Audio deck illumination
- Clicky clutch

EDIT: Here is a WAV audio of the noise, I\'m pressing in the clutch three consecutive times and that clicking occurs about 1/3rd or so the way clutching-in;

http://members.rogers.com/wtom/clutchclick.wav

billyfo
10-05-2004, 06:51 PM
I don\'t have the click sound.

but now I notify sometimes there is vibration when I stopped the car and press the clutch, don\'t know if it is the clutch vibrate or the car?

bubba1983
10-06-2004, 03:48 PM
wtom, your a geek for making a wav file!!

bluntman
10-06-2004, 04:09 PM
:p :D :p :D

Words can\'t describe it...:D

rbart4506
10-12-2004, 07:43 AM
Clicking clutch normal?? Depends how loud that click is and what it actually sounds like....Mine wasn\'t making a click, but more of clicky squeak...It was more effident on hot days when the car had sat and was hot from the sun and heat...The noise at that point was super noticeable...If you look on the M3F site, you will see there is a TSB for it...It took my car in with the TSB in hand and the part was replaced...Now my clutch is nice and quiet...

Just because a bunch of cars make the same noise doesn\'t mean it is normal....Same thing as bad fuel pumps...Lots of cars with the problem doesn\'t make it normal...

Rich

PlatMS6
10-16-2004, 06:04 PM
i believe this is it!
np ure welcome..jks i have the same thing, more of a squeak (sp?) tho
man my car has had all of the problems so far +1 (replaced complete carpet after 3mos nvr heard that one b4 on the forums ;) )
plus the toyo\'s are shit so new summer (with good rain handling) + winter tires ....ahh well

CLUTCH PEDAL SQUEAK
Applicable Models
Model Starting S/N Ending S/N
2004 MAZDA3 00000000 ZZZZZZZZ

Some vehicles may have a clutch pedal squeak noise during the last 1 to 2 inches of pedal travel. This is due to the clutch pedal position switch.

Verify squeak by removing clutch pedal position switch. Operate clutch pedal and if noise is gone, replace switch. (This is a standard part and not an update.)

Parts Information
--B32H-66-4D0 SWITCH,CLUTCH CUT Qty = 1