PDA

View Full Version : RIP Parents Accord

wtom
10-08-2004, 07:04 PM
HOLY ****

I went to work today (BTW, thank you EVERYONE for your comments and well wishes in my other thread) after my accident yesterday (RIP Mazda3). Around 12pm my dad called me. First question he asks is how are things going with insurance and reporting the accident? I told him they haven\'t return my call yet and I haven\'t been able to tell them anything yet (my broker was busy all morning). Then my dad tells me he\'s at the hospital... him and my mom were in a car accident (first one in like 30 something yrs)... my heart dropped. Immediately asked how him and her are... both are okay, just a bit shaken up and minor whiplash on him and some internal chest aches for her (tissue or muscle cramped).

Most of my co-workers in the same area had already asked me how I was and why I\'m at work, including my manager. They were shocked when I told them about my parents being in an accident. My manager was in disbelief too and just told me to go go go (to the hospital).

Two or so hours pass and we finally leave the hospital, everything is okay. My dad\'s neck is still hurting when he tries to look downwards and my mom continues having the chest pains (doc just prescribed both of them with Tylenol 3, says that will help everything).

Here\'s the real shocker... their Accord is at the SAME EXACT collision centre as my Mazda3!!!!!!

Here come the pics (http://www.imagestation.com/album/?id=3184865093&code=12271870&mode=invite)!

I don\'t know what to say... I\'m overwhelmed, exhausted, and just can\'t think straight.

EDIT: Thanks for the replies already, unfortunately the truck sped off... hit and run mofo. :(

majic
10-08-2004, 07:11 PM
JEBUS!!!

man.. i feel for your family.. at least once again they are ok..

thankfully u have the long weekend to recoup a bit longer and good luck with insurance and doctors and all that.. it can be a pain in the ass.. i can\'t believe this bad luck.. sorry man.. :(

Xenon
10-08-2004, 07:39 PM
Holy crap.... this can\'t be good....

Are your parents alright? What are the details? Did they catch the dude in the truch that cut them off?

MajesticBlueNTO
10-08-2004, 07:48 PM
warren, i hope your parents are alright, as well as yourself. take it easy this weekend.

Newlook
10-08-2004, 08:21 PM
WTF?? Two in a row.... I hope you and your parents are alright...

Geez... Your 3 and the Accord almost parked side by side http://www.msprotege.com/members/LinuxRacr/smiles/eek2.gif

Did you buy lotto this week?

Melenium
10-08-2004, 08:35 PM
What a rotten weak for you guys.. hope you parents recover well. I think you guys need to head out on a cruise and let someone else do the driving for a week or two ;)

billyfo
10-08-2004, 08:53 PM
damn!! again? no joke, you should buy lottery.

looked at the pics, the truck should have heavy damage at the right rear also. any witness?

I really worry that your parents and your own ins will go up a lot, when you renew the policies, ask Black3 as he is an ins adjuster, he should know more, cause ins co would claim your family as a bad luck driver.

Once again, take care and take rest.

bubba1983
10-08-2004, 09:17 PM
dude...DOUBLE WHAMMMY? this is hard on the mind over here in kitchener....they best be alright.....i must say...another shocker...this one messed e up more, because i just read this as i woke up....oh man.....

MazdaTree
10-08-2004, 09:41 PM
hey warren im jus glad you all are ok and no-one got seriously hurt take care have a good long weekend

miggiddy
10-09-2004, 12:33 PM
DAMN!!! Hope the folks are feeling better, glad they are relatively okay. You and the rest of your family should stay off the roads for a week, this is craziness. take care

01AWW18T
10-09-2004, 03:52 PM
f*ckin sh!t. That\'s rough man.. hope all is well with you and your family. such an eerie sight of your 3 and your parent\'s accord in the same picture.

Best of luck man..

bluntman
10-09-2004, 08:57 PM
WTF? I\'m getting chills up my spine just reading your post.

Regardless, I hope all of you get well very soon.

profusion
10-10-2004, 11:32 AM
Thats retarded man, im noticing alot of more accedents these days with tracktor trialors and careless driving from people.

Well I hope your parents dont see long term pain after this accedent. They are not young anymore so with age it only makes the healing worse and total recovery not as great in the end. Where did they get hit and how did the story go? where they told they were at fault or not?

If they are not at fault well at least they will be takin care of from the insurance if not then just a bonus headach for your family. :(

Hope all turns out well and nothing major happens again!

profusion
10-10-2004, 11:38 AM
HOlly crap I didnt notice you said truck hit them!

You know why he speed off? because he knows his licence will be gone regadless if he stayed at the scene or not because of the last truck accedent was careless driving on the 401, and the other acumulated accedents from the other trackter traillers from before! this is rediculous. Im starting to guess maybe they are short truck drivers and just handing out free truck licences to people WTH?
:(

jimdragon8
10-10-2004, 10:36 PM
Hey WTOM, as long as everyone is okay, that is the most important. A car is just material, health and safety are way more important.

Saphress
10-11-2004, 07:25 PM
Oh damn.... :( Talk about bad luck....... :( Glad that your parents are ok too Yoinks! :(

wtom
10-11-2004, 10:16 PM
Hey all, finally had some time and a calmed mind to sit down and do some catching up here on TorontoMazda3.... holy cow this board is busy!!!!!! :D

Xenon, profusion
details? Basically they were driving south on Markham Road, approaching Sheppard (this is what my dad told me, I was at work when this occured) in the curb lane. There is TTC bus stopped ahead of him (one car between Accord and TTC). Dad checks for clearance to make lane change; clear, starts turning out into the lane. Small truck (cargo truck, not trailer and not 4x4 pickup but in-between) dashes out from the third lane out from curb, hits front driver\'s side of Accord, truck speeds off!!! My dad has no control of the car from this point... brakes do not work, steering is nearly impossible. Accord is speeding aimlessly across (towards 11 O\'Clock direction from southbound perspective, thus approaching northbound lanes) the southbound lanes, jumps over median/island, misses all oncoming (northbound) traffic (!!!) and unintentionally T-bones a car at the other corner. Finally, Accord hops onto grass and comes to a stop.

Xenon
parents ok? Yeah man to see the Accord like that, we\'re all surprised my parents are at least 95% okay; mom has minor internal muscle or tissue pain in her chest. Hospital X-rays showed nothing, the doc said she is okay, went to Physio and that doc said she is okay, just needs rest. Dad just has minor whiplash.

finding out which truck hit them? unfortunately no :(

Newlook, billyfo
lottery? yes we bought on Saturday after the physical checks were cleared (physio). we didn\'t win anything unfortunately.

billyfo
witness? the cop (who disappeared after taking my dad\'s ID and car/license info) called us back on Saturday with some BS news... saying he\'s charging my dad with \"failure to remain\" and \"careless driving\"... okay... WTF-ing HELL?!?!?! Cop says there is ONE witness who reported to him. Some tow truck driver who supposedly saw the accidents. So the failure ticket is for not remaining at the scene of the first hit... okay... Mr. AUTHORITTA... you tell me how you would f-ing stop the car if the brakes did not work after getting hit while in motion?!?! The handbrake wouldn\'t be in my mind at that time as it is always been used during parking. Careless driving charge? BS. The car was \"fishtailing\" as the witness stated, this due to the damn truck that hit them first! So next thing in my mind is... cop *HAS* to charge somebody right? Do your stinken job and go find this truck that hit them!!

Canada\'s legal system is ****ed. We let the bad people get away with almost anything these days. end mini-rant.

Everyone
Anyways... thank you all for your care and well wishes. Definitely all appreciated much by myself as well as my parents. I\'m a lot more worried about my parents\' situation than of myself and my accident... just proves so much more how some of these cops just make the whole police force look like a stinken pile of racist and/or discriminatory sh*t... they treated me the same damn way too!

Newlook
10-11-2004, 11:13 PM
Really WTF.... I really feel sad for you and your family.

Re: Brake and steering failure
I guess your Accord shutted itself off after getting hit... Thus no hydraulic power for both braking and steering.

Hope everything goes well from now on.

firstmazda
10-11-2004, 11:20 PM
Did he REALLY charge them with Failue to remain?!?!?!
That is the most rediculous BULL ISH that i\'ve ever heard!
I thought your left turn charge was bad!

man, I can\'t believe it! It\'s time to call \"Silverman helps\"

majic
10-11-2004, 11:57 PM
this is un-f*****-believable.. gotta charge someone??!?!

what happened to innocent till proven guilty??? if cop has no witness then you should be ok.. and if he has a witness then u should be cleared too.. WTF??!?!?!

wtom
10-12-2004, 12:45 AM
Newlook; is it really possible the engine shuts off the braking and steering? interesting... it was my only guess too but I would wonder WHY that would occur.

firstmazda and majic; no kidding... i\'ve heard it more than twice from other ppl; the cop is being a di*k and just wants to lay the charge on somebody, anybody.

With regards to my parents situation, because the cop wasn\'t around when my parents were taken to hospital, my dad never actually took receipt of the two tickets. We only found out my dad was charged, with both tickets, on Saturday (day after accident). I had called a paralegal friend of a friend and that guy said the tickets are nullified (?) if the cop doesn\'t deliver them within one week...

well at least things have a chance to work out for the better... kinda...

Melenium
10-12-2004, 03:00 AM
Originally posted by wtom

Newlook; is it really possible the engine shuts off the braking and steering? interesting... it was my only guess too but I would wonder WHY that would occur.

firstmazda and majic; no kidding... i\'ve heard it more than twice from other ppl; the cop is being a di*k and just wants to lay the charge on somebody, anybody.

With regards to my parents situation, because the cop wasn\'t around when my parents were taken to hospital, my dad never actually took receipt of the two tickets. We only found out my dad was charged, with both tickets, on Saturday (day after accident). I had called a paralegal friend of a friend and that guy said the tickets are nullified (?) if the cop doesn\'t deliver them within one week...

well at least things have a chance to work out for the better... kinda...

Well the braking should have still worked even if the engine was shut off -- there\'s usually enough of a vacuum in the chamber for a good one or two pedal pushes. Steering would be really heaving the second the engine cut out though because there would be no hydrolic pressure. My guess is maybe the brake lines or the master cylindar ruptured. Sort of makes me weary of Hondas now!

I think that both you and your parents should fight the charges.. they really sound like cr*p. In your case if you get the witness to admit that she ran the red (or other witnesses there at the time) then I\'m sure you can get your charges dropped (as I said, with me the guy ran a red when I was making a left, he _denied_ it, but witnesses said he did and thus I _wasn\'t_ charged). As for your folks both of the charges sound rediculous.. I mean really, failing to remain on the scene.. please.

As for the reports and the insurance stuff, sit back because it will take a while. It took a month for the insurance company to get the report. Make sure you get them to fax you a copy of them as well for your records and so that you can dispute them.

When the other parties\' insurance companies call to verify the story, try and get as much info from them about what the other parties say. They wanted my story, I said \"tell me what you know and I\'ll interject as necessary\", that way you have an idea what the other person claims (and if you could rely on them as a witness (accepting fault) or not).

good luck with everything..

mazda3ride
10-12-2004, 07:36 AM
I\'m sorry to hear about your misfortunes. I hope all is well.