PDA

View Full Version : Mazda Canadas Mazda3 Pics

Melenium
10-10-2004, 08:47 PM
I was looking through their website (Mazda.ca), and I noticed tha almsot all the interior shots of the 3 have the climate control knobs! Its been available for over a year now and they still haven\'t updated it! It would take a whole 10 mins (if that) with a digital camera to snap decent pics of the Canadian version and post them.

Edit:
Oop, my bad.. I didn\'t realize that the question for the poll itself is the topic. Can a mod maybe change the topic to \"Will Mazda Canada update the climate control pictures for the \'05 model?\" or something similar?

Xenon
10-10-2004, 09:28 PM
Originally posted by Melenium

I was looking through their website (Mazda.ca), and I noticed tha almsot all the interior shots of the 3 have the climate control knobs! Its been available for over a year now and they still haven\'t updated it! It would take a whole 10 mins (if that) with a digital camera to snap decent pics of the Canadian version and post them.

They will probably just photoshop it....

billyfo
10-10-2004, 09:57 PM
I think someone at M3F have a discussion.

usually, there are some fine print at the bottom of the pics, such as European Spec or US model shown, etc.

Melenium
10-10-2004, 10:08 PM
Originally posted by billyfo

I think someone at M3F have a discussion.

usually, there are some fine print at the bottom of the pics, such as European Spec or US model shown, etc.

I agree and have no problem if maybe its a minor change here or there (like showing a picture of te GX for the GT model or similar), but we\'re talking about a nice option that isn\'t even available to purchase over here!

majic
10-11-2004, 12:00 PM
it is annoying tho.. \"hay i wanna buy that car that\'s on the website\" \"sorry u can\'t that\'s an ausie model..\"

huh? :sarc but it\'s mazda.ca.. oh well..

billyfo
10-11-2004, 12:19 PM
true, it\'s annoying, but many car manufactures using globe marketing company for their cars, so they use worldwide pics, tv ads for all countries marketing strategy, Canada, a relatively small market, sometimes will have to use these pics.

Melenium
10-11-2004, 01:22 PM
Originally posted by billyfo

true, it\'s annoying, but many car manufactures using globe marketing company for their cars, so they use worldwide pics, tv ads for all countries marketing strategy, Canada, a relatively small market, sometimes will have to use these pics.

I don\'t think so. The very few TV ads that there are for Mazdas recently are _very_ different from the ones elsewhere. Here in North America they seem very factual (you know, cars zooming down a curvey stretch of road, the kid, and they usually say the special offers available). In the UK they tend to use much more humor to sell the cars. Check <a href=\"http://www.mazda.co.uk/know/movies.asp\" target=\"_blank\">these</a> UK ads out (note that this is a frame from their website -- goto www.mazda.co.uk if you want the full thing). The last two I think are especially good.

On another note -- can you believe they\'re offering 3 years of free services on the mazda2? I mean sure its under warranty, but thats still a good few hundred bucks off!

wongpres
10-12-2004, 12:27 PM
The pictures on mazda.ca are from the set of press photos from the global launch of the vehicle (I have access to the set). mazda.ca used them last year to get Mazda3 info up asap (they even mentioned that some photos may not be Canadian-spec at that time - maybe this message is still there, I\'m not sure).

Subsequently, MazdaUSA has made a set of press photos (I also have access to those), which would be much closer to Canadian-spec. However, Mazda Canada has just one person who does the website (and probably other IT functions). So that person\'s pretty busy and the website photos may or may not be updated with \'05 pics (depends on resourcing). Oh yeah, I have a friend who is part of the honda.ca team, and considering the resourcing available, mazda.ca is very impressive.

bluntman
10-12-2004, 12:31 PM
wongpres, do you mind that I linked to the .pdf file on MSProtege.com?

wongpres
10-12-2004, 12:39 PM
That\'s fine - though next time please link the thread itself.