PDA

View Full Version : PhotoBlocker Spray

firstmazda
10-15-2004, 12:11 AM
Anyone here planning on getting that stff that prevents cops from taking pics of your plates??

Looks like it really works! But i hear if you get caught, you can get like CRAZY @$$ fines and up to like a month in jail and have your licence suspended for like 6 months!! (or at least i think hat\'s what they said on the news)

Xenon
10-15-2004, 12:15 AM
just drive smart, and it will work better than spray... and no jail time.

RedRaptor
10-15-2004, 12:24 AM
CFTO (Channel 8) did a special on it with Pat Foran: Consumer Report, about 2 days ago. They did some tests with it. Applied 3 coats of it on a license plate and continously took photos of the car & plate as it drove by. The conclusion is that it works 50% of the time as on some photos you can see the plate clearly and others you can\'t see it at all.

The PhotoSpray blocker is available at a store in the GTA called \"Spy Tech\", I have no idea where it is but they were interviwing the salesman there. They go for $35-$40 a bottle which is good for an application of 2 cars at 3 coats a piece.

The redlight cameras in the GTA can be blocked while the cameras on the 407 cannot since they use different technology.

The fine if you get caught using it is $1000 & possible jail time but getting caught with it is a little hard to believe. When was the last time a cop pulled you over and examined what you have on your plate?

My take on it? It works 50%, which is good enough, you take your chances instead of being caught 100%. But it all starts with the driver...running redlights isn\'t very smart to start with.

When Daulton McG introduces photo radar cameras, then I will try the product for sure.

Xenon
10-15-2004, 12:28 AM
Originally posted by RedRaptor
When Daulton McG introduces photo radar cameras, then I will try the product for sure.

He has already done so..... there are 10 cameras throughout TO on rotation through over 38 dangerous intersections. They have been active for about 2 months now.

So far, Toronto, Peel Waterloo and Hamilton regions have participated.

More interesting info on redlight camera stuff can be found in Toronto Saturday Star Article (http://www.thestar.com/NASApp/cs/ContentServer?pagename=thestar/Layout/Article_Type1&call_pageid=971358637177&c=Article&c id=1097273433100).

firstmazda
10-15-2004, 12:31 AM
Originally posted by Xenon

He has already done so..... there are 32 cameras through the GTA on rotation through over 50 dangerous intersections. They have been active for about 2 months now.

Are you thinking Photo radar? or Red light camera?

Ray

Xenon
10-15-2004, 12:33 AM
Originally posted by firstmazda

He has already done so..... there are 10 cameras throughout TO on rotation through over 38 dangerous intersections. They have been active for about 2 months now.

Are you thinking Photo radar? or Red light camera?

Ray

Red light cameras... read my updated post. Check out that TO Star Article.

firstmazda
10-15-2004, 01:09 AM
Yeah, I go with RedRaptor on that one, I don\'t plan on running any reds but when photo radar comes about, I\'d be more interested in using it.

A co-worker of mine got a red light infraction notice early this year, what was stupid what in the series of photos (3 i think) i OBVIOUSLY shows he was making a RIGHT TURN!!!

Ray

Melenium
10-15-2004, 01:34 AM
Speaking of photo radar I heard from a buddy of mine who\'s friend got a ticket in the mail many years ago showing his plate and the speed. The guy sent the MTO a picture of the money. :D

Xenon
10-15-2004, 01:37 AM
haha I heard that story... then the police sent him a picture of handcuffs :p

Moderator Edit: Moved to General Lounge.

MazdaTree
10-15-2004, 02:15 AM
im pastin this from an email called red light cameras are up

Just a quick heads up that the new Red Light Camera\'s are up and
running.

Below are the intersections that have them installed.

Take a look below for any intersections that may be on your path to
or from work and take it easy. If it takes a picture of you in
violation you could get a $190.00 fine in the mail.

ALbion Rd & Finch Ave
Finch Ave & Kipling Ave
Dixon Rd & Islington Ave
Dixon Rd & Martin Grove Rd
Eglinton Ave & Martin Grove Rd
The Queensway & Royal York Rd
Finch Ave & Weston Rd
Finch Ave & Jane St
Dufferin St & Steeles Ave
Allen Rd & Sheppard Ave
Bathurst St & Finch Ave
Bridgeland Ave & Dufferin St
Weston Rd & Lawrence Ave
Dundas St & Keele St
Dufferin St & Eglinton Ave
Dufferin St & St Clair Ave
Yonge St & Eglinton Ave
Yonge St & York Mills Rd
Dufferin St & Bloor St
Bloor St & Bathurst St
University Ave & Gerrard St
Yonge St Steeles Ave
Yonge St Finch Ave
Finch Ave & Don Mills Rd
Eglinton Ave E & Don Mills Rd
Eglinton Ave E & Laird Dr
Yonge St & Wellesley St
Lakeshore Blvd E/B & Yonge St
Yonge St & Richmond St
York St & Lakeshore Blvd
University Ave & Gerrard St
Danforth Ave & Broadview Ave
St Clair & Victoria Park Ave
Lawrence Ave & Victoria Park Ave
Eglinton Ave & Pharmacy Ave
Eglinton Ave & Markham Rd
Lawrence Ave & Warden Ave
Ellesmere Rd & Brimley Rd
Ellesmere Rd & Markham Rd
Lawrence Ave & Markham Rd
Steeles Ave & Warden Ave
Brimley Rd & Huntingwood Dr
Kingston Rd & Morningside Ave
McCowan & Lawrence Ave

MISSISSAUGA:
Derry Rd & Hurontario (Hwy 10)
Derry Rd & Dixie Rd
Dundas & Dixie Rd

BRAMPTON:
Bovaird & Dixie Rd
Goreway & Steeles Ave
Dixie & Steeles Ave

Melenium
10-15-2004, 03:23 AM
MazdaTree, thanks for that.. I\'ll keep an eye out. Some of those have been functioning for years though-- like the one at Yonge & Steeles.

majic
10-15-2004, 08:24 AM
somehwere i read that if you take your plate and print it out on a good ink jet or a laser, it will be that much harder to get a pci (no reflection) but i dunno how it works in practice..

red light cams are good.. once i got \"flashed\" twice b/c i came to an abrupt stop at the intersection and triggered the cam. i was shitting my pants b/c i didn\'t wnat to get a ticket for something i didn\'t really do..

photo radars.. omg.. what a cash grab.. and if mcguilty ;) thinks otherwise.. he\'s just trying to fool himself.. i\'d much rather get a photoradar ticket than get clocked by a cop and see the points drop..

question about photo radar.. if u are the only owner.. and the only driver on yoru insurance.. can they just give you the points directly or does a cop have to be present for that?

firstmazda
10-15-2004, 10:33 AM
What if u lent the car to someone and THEY got the red light or the radar? waht happens? how do they prove it\'s you? or how do WE fight that?

RedRaptor
10-15-2004, 10:36 AM

Originally posted by RedRaptor

More interesting info on redlight camera stuff can be found in Toronto Saturday Star Article (http://www.thestar.com/NASApp/cs/ContentServer?pagename=thestar/Layout/Article_Type1&call_pageid=971358637177&c=Article&c id=1097273433100).

I believe you are talking about red light cameras (used to catch red light runners) while I am talking about photo radar cameras (used to catch people speeding). Red light cameras have been in use for a while. While photo radar was introduced by the Harris government before and McG and the Libs might bring it back.

Newlook
10-15-2004, 11:11 AM

Isn\'t there at least one in Halton Region? I think Dundas and Trafalgar has one.

bluntman
10-15-2004, 11:25 AM
FYI, Spy Tech is at 2028 Yonge Street.

civiclad
10-15-2004, 02:05 PM
Best advise is to obey the law. Plus it will save you $$$$.

MazdaTree, thanks for the listing of Red Light cameras.

david3
10-15-2004, 09:43 PM
The toronto, peel cameras are listed online (it\'s easy to find).

If anyone wants the hamilton ones I can post them.