PDA

View Full Version : Mazdaspeed 3 stage 2 - will it work?

Xerxes9
06-20-2015, 10:51 PM
I'm just wondering if this will work for sure without anything bad happening. If I were to buy a Cobb down pipe. And auto tech internals, will I be able to run the stage two map on the AP safely? Or is this a serious no? I've read about quite a few people doing this. Just not sure if it's really safe.

Thanks for any help.

Mr Wilson
06-20-2015, 11:14 PM
I ran Stage II with a DP, HPFP and SRI (that was it).

optiklenz13
06-20-2015, 11:22 PM
I ran Stage II with a DP, HPFP and SRI (that was it).
Still running.. :chuckle

S.F.W.
06-20-2015, 11:37 PM
I'm just wondering if this will work for sure without anything bad happening. If I were to buy a Cobb down pipe. And auto tech internals, will I be able to run the stage two map on the AP safely? Or is this a serious no? I've read about quite a few people doing this. Just not sure if it's really safe.

Thanks for any help.

Only item I would be concerned about is a specific map for your intake. The stock Cobb maps are not likely built for your intake and will require tweaking.

loki
06-20-2015, 11:51 PM
I don't really understand the question, unless you're saying you won't be upgrading the intake, in which case what's the point?

Intakes are cheap

crasth
06-21-2015, 12:20 PM
I don't really understand the question, unless you're saying you won't be upgrading the intake, in which case what's the point?

Intakes are cheap
He has a cold air intake i believe.

crasth
06-21-2015, 12:21 PM
Best option is to get a custom e tune. Theyre not too expensive and im sure theyll figure out all the calibrations for ur specific intake

Xerxes9
06-21-2015, 07:25 PM
I've already got a cold air intake, sorry I forgot to mention that.

loki
06-21-2015, 08:27 PM
I've already got a cold air intake, sorry I forgot to mention that.

So then why are you asking if it'll work? Why wouldn't it work?

Mazdy
06-21-2015, 08:44 PM
:facepalm:facepalm:facepalm:facepalm:facepalm:face palm

Xerxes9
06-22-2015, 12:08 AM
So then why are you asking if it'll work? Why wouldn't it work?

Just trying to make sure. I don't see why it's so bad I'm trying to get others oppinions and advice before modding further?

Prezi
06-22-2015, 12:33 AM
Before I was fully tuned, i had an OTS+ tune by Stratified in the interim. Something you could look into as they take all your mods into consideration and would tweak the cobb OTS map for you.

Thrice08
06-22-2015, 01:02 AM
Best bet would be to contact Cobb, I sent an email to their support team and heard back the same day. They are really great and told me the map I asked about should work great with my current setup, and just to be sure the rep said I can email him my data log's for review. At this point I would highly recommend that you do your homework to understand what you should be monitoring and logging to know if your mods are working well with one of the OTS maps. I would personally go ahead and install the map and log a few trips while monitoring live to make sure I'm hitting the map's targets and most importantly operating at safe levels. Especially important to monitor while running at WOT, but I would advise to go relatively easy on the car until you are sure. I'm still a noob but I've realized that if you're modding these cars you better be ready to become more of a gear head than expected. It's not always just bolt on and re map.

loki
06-22-2015, 12:17 PM
Just trying to make sure. I don't see why it's so bad I'm trying to get others oppinions and advice before modding further?

because your questions don't make any sense

next you're going to ask if you can use ESSO 91 gas in your car. The answer is yes by the way, you're welcome

loki
06-22-2015, 12:21 PM

Thanks for any help.

This is your question.

If your real question is is there any risk to modifying your vehicle, then the answer is most definitely yes. If you're asking if the off the shelf (OTS) maps from Cobb are safe to run with your intake, then maybe you should specify what intake you're using, in which case an adjustment to the MAF calibration will likely be required.

If you're asking if a Stage 2 map will work with a downpipe and internals, that is exactly what Cobb's classification of Stage 2 is. It's right in the description for their maps.

loki
06-22-2015, 12:26 PM
Read the AccessTuner Help File. It's long and pretty dry at times, but it might help you understand

Follow this link:

http://www.cobbtuning.com/accesstuner-support/mazdaspeed-accesstuner-support/

Xerxes9
06-22-2015, 10:23 PM
because your questions don't make any sense

next you're going to ask if you can use ESSO 91 gas in your car. The answer is yes by the way, you're welcome

Why would I want to ask if I can use 91?

loki
06-22-2015, 10:42 PM
Why would I want to ask if I can use 91?

because you asked if you can flash a Stage 2 map

not just 91, but Esso 91

Xerxes9
06-23-2015, 12:43 AM
because you asked if you can flash a Stage 2 map

not just 91, but Esso 91

Should I use synthetic motor oil too?????????

Thrizzl3
06-23-2015, 12:48 AM

I can't tell if you're being sarcastic or serious.

AwAfrican
07-08-2015, 04:46 PM

Thanks for any help.
So you're description the description of the stage 2 ots map minus the intake which reading through the thread you have one....so yes it should work as that's the description for the map...my advise go get yourself a custom etune even if its a ots map from someone like freektune or stratified.... I have a Sri/tip/internals/DP (ie stage 2) you don't have to have catback for stage 2, but I have the "ots map" from freektune which Justin will customize for your specific mods and then do a revision to make it more unique to your car. Well worth the 75$, my car drives so much better than the Cobb map not to mention more power

No you should put urine on your engine... :facepalm: penzoil platinum 5w30 or rotella T6 5w40 both full synthetic for the win