PDA

View Full Version : How clean is Your car?

Xenon
10-21-2004, 03:32 PM
Well before all this rain, my car was dirty, but still LOOKED clan...

Now it\'s dirty and looks dirty... water spots everywhere.... Looks like it came back from a rally tournament.

And the back of my hatch.... It\'s this bluish-brown colour... except for the nice arch that my rear wiper makes.

mEtH
10-21-2004, 03:51 PM
Yah mine was clean because it just had water sitting on it. Then yesterday me and RJ3 went crusing. After I let him drive my car I look at the front and I got water spraying everywhere. It\'s all good though cause it was fun.

Dr Butcher
10-21-2004, 04:04 PM
It\'s tough to keep my car super clean because up between Meadowvale and Morningside (where I drive every day) there\'s a massive housing complex going in. If it\'s not dust from the dozers blowing around, it\'s the mud dragged out by the dump trucks.

Right now it\'s not too bad but I won\'t give it a thorough cleaning until we\'re going to have sun for a few days.

bubba1983
10-21-2004, 04:59 PM
all i godda say is WHEN WILL WE SEE SUN AGAIN?

teambedlam
10-21-2004, 06:01 PM
Mine\'s pretty good. The Velocity Red hides much of the rain spots untill you are standing quite close. It is visable on the rear of the hatch and bumper but elsewhere it\'s not to bad. I\'ll clean it for the wedding on the 30th.

billyfo
10-21-2004, 06:07 PM
the best result for choosing T Grey is you can hide all the dirt:D

for my past CR-V, most dirtiest time was only the wiper areas were cleaned.:p

bluntman
10-21-2004, 06:09 PM
Originally posted by billyfo

Hmm, so TiG is the colour of DIRT...just as I had though all along! :D

billyfo
10-21-2004, 08:38 PM
Originally posted by bluntman

Originally posted by billyfo

Hmm, so TiG is the colour of DIRT...just as I had though all along! :D

haha

but no joke, if you stand quite far away, you can only see the brake dust on the rims.

Xenon
10-21-2004, 09:39 PM
I would think Sunset Orange would be a good dirt-hiding colour...

bluntman
10-21-2004, 09:53 PM
Actually it\'s a little worse than WB.:p

majic
10-21-2004, 11:07 PM
Originally posted by teambedlam

Mine\'s pretty good. The Velocity Red hides much of the rain spots untill you are standing quite close. It is visable on the rear of the hatch and bumper but elsewhere it\'s not to bad. I\'ll clean it for the wedding on the 30th.

aaah another reason for me to get that colour :D :D :D

mEtH
10-22-2004, 08:52 AM
NO NO NO you people have it all wrong. It was discovered when we had a little meet up at Xenon\'s house that DUST MICA is the best colour to hide dirt.

Oh wait, it\'s called sand mica, riiiggg.....hhhttt.

mazda3ride
10-22-2004, 12:43 PM
I like to keep mine clean. I wash and vacuum it at least once a week. I wash the rims twice a week. I wax it once every 3 weeks or so. Right now it is dirty because of the rain. Should be clean for the meet tomorrow...hopefully.

Xenon
10-22-2004, 12:50 PM
Originally posted by mazda3ride

I like to keep mine clean. I wash and vacuum it at least once a week. I wash the rims twice a week. I wax it once every 3 weeks or so. Right now it is dirty because of the rain. Should be clean for the meet tomorrow...hopefully.

I do too, but I see no point in going through all that effort to have it rain on my car again the next day. once we have a few days of nice sunshine, then I shall be doing an all out clensing of my car.

wtom
10-22-2004, 02:34 PM

Are you talking about meet #6? It\'s not until NEXT Saturday man! 30th! ... unless I was left outta the loop?

bubba1983
10-22-2004, 05:32 PM
all im asking...is a week of sun.......let along, just a DAY of sun...then ill wash mine....its gettin\' drrrty...boo

///M
10-22-2004, 11:20 PM
It got to a point where I couldn\'t stand it and washed it anyway today even though I knew it was going to rain tommorow. Oh well, at least it\'s clean for a day.

miggiddy
10-25-2004, 10:11 AM
I had to wash it this weekend. I didn\'t care if it was going to rain. It had been two weeks since it\'s last wash and everything shows on it :( Plus I had driven thru a muddy subdivision on a rainy day so my car was starting to look 2 tone black and ti-grey. I really need to clean the interior still and buy some rubber floor mats. ahhh...more things to buy for the car.

mazda3ride
10-26-2004, 07:50 AM
For some odd reason I thaught the meet was this past Saturday. In any case, my car should be clean for the meet on the 30th.

Newlook
10-26-2004, 10:11 PM
My car looks ok from far.... Not TOO bad from close. Looks like it\'ll rain again this weekend, I guess I don\'t have to wash it for the meet :(

majic
10-26-2004, 10:18 PM
Originally posted by Newlook

My car looks ok from far.... Not TOO bad from close. Looks like it\'ll rain again this weekend, I guess I don\'t have to wash it for the meet :(

good from far but far from good.. :p

j/k :D

Dr Butcher
10-27-2004, 12:47 PM
This rain is pissing me off. I washed the car yesterday in those fleeting hours of sunlight and took her for a mini photo shoot. Then, on the way to work this morning I had to drive through mud left on the road because of the housing development by work. http://www.xblgamers.com/forums/images/smilies/mad.gif

MAZDA Kitten
10-27-2004, 05:14 PM
Owned my car for a month and a half and I have never washed it. :hoho Just dont have time. I guess Black Mica was a bad choice for me then.

chaser
10-28-2004, 01:36 AM
I hand washed it and brought it to Esso\'s touchless wash once in the past 4 weeks of my ownership ..... i should wash it more but the rainy days and new houses construction next to my house stop me to do so ...:(

Xenon
10-28-2004, 02:01 AM
My car has never seen an automated car wash... not even a touchless one... I don\'t know what I\'m going to do in the winter....

I might have to go to Touchless... Anyone know of a GOOD one in the Oakville/Mississauga area?

mazda3ride
10-28-2004, 07:41 AM
In the winter i just go to a coin booth. There are a few places in Markham that have one. There is a Shell gas station that has an indoor one that I like to go to. They charge 50 cents per minute + taxes. It is located on Mcowan just south of HWY 7 on the West side. Might be a bit far for you Xenon.

bluntman
10-28-2004, 09:37 AM
OK, this will sound stupid, but how wet to YOU end up getting at one of those things? I\'ve never gone to a coin-op car wash and I can\'t imagine freezing my toes off in the winter because my shoes got all wet from the water. Also, how much do you end up spending each time? Do they only take quarters?

billyfo
10-28-2004, 08:11 PM
they actually using hot water, steam will make you warm enough:D

depends on which station, some only take loonie or toonie (sp??)

chaser
10-29-2004, 12:36 AM

In the winter i just go to a coin booth. There are a few places in Markham that have one. There is a Shell gas station that has an indoor one that I like to go to. They charge 50 cents per minute + taxes. It is located on Mcowan just south of HWY 7 on the West side. Might be a bit far for you Xenon.

humm ..... do you mean Kennedy instead of McCowan? the one just south of M.Benz, north of Honda & Ford and west of BMN & Mini & VW?? :p :p
my brother goes to that one too and he has good comment about it :hoho

bubba1983
10-29-2004, 04:15 AM
Originally posted by bluntman

OK, this will sound stupid, but how wet to YOU end up getting at one of those things? I\'ve never gone to a coin-op car wash and I can\'t imagine freezing my toes off in the winter because my shoes got all wet from the water. Also, how much do you end up spending each time? Do they only take quarters?

u only mostly get spray...given its a pressure washer, and any overspray on you is just mist...not streams of water...plus...as i am sure you know, the floors are angelled for drainage bla bla....i personally do not like those coin drop ones...they dont remove all the dirt on teh bottom by the skirts...no matter how long u try....i preferr hand washing....and its more fun....pressure washers and watnot, take the fun out of cleaning by hand....

we jus boght a pressure washer for our house the other day...i tried it out on the car, with the soap attachment to it...and...ehh....it was jus so boring...jus stood there...and..BLAST BLAST BLAST....and done...so i washed it by hand after i was done...

mazda3ride
10-29-2004, 11:55 AM
Yes I meant Kennedy, The other one is on Laidlaw and Bullock which is off of Mccowan just north of HWY 7. That one is not indoor. Well it is covered with 3 side walls and a roof. The one on Kennedy is completly indoor and once u get on there u need to take off your jacket as it is pretty hot. There might be a little mist but thats all, nothing to worry about. I never get my shoes wet or anything.

Newlook
10-30-2004, 08:34 PM
I usually go to coin-op in winter. Not that clean but at least I get all the salt off my car. If you want it to be very clean, take the risk and use the brush..... I don\'t have problem getting myself wet.

I think it\'s $4 for 6 minutes?