PDA

View Full Version : GE Nighthawk H7

chaser
10-22-2004, 09:45 AM
I got a pair of GE\'s Nighthawk H7 (Low Beam). GE claims Nighthawk is
\"GE\\\'s brightest headlight. The exclusive design produces ultra bright light. This lamp is highly recommended when seeking the maximum light on the road.\"
I installed one on the driver\'s side and the output of it was quite disappointing :(
The pics are blur \'cos I forgot to bring a tripod. However, I wasn\'t excited to go back to grap it since i barely saw a big improvment from the stock blubs.

Nighthawk H7 pics (low beam) (http://www.imagestation.com/album/?id=2867100093&code=12512293&mode=invite&cmp=EMC-AlbumInvite)
Just in case you can\'t see the difference, the one on the DRIVER\'s side is Nighthawk.

RedRaptor
10-22-2004, 10:00 AM
Chaser,

Thanks for the review. Just got a couple of questions for you.

Did you do the \"dark road\" test? Where you take your car out to a dark road with no street lights with the stock bulbs first and then with the GE Nighthawks? The reason being with the street lights in the GTA, its really hard to tell the difference on the road even if you had HIDs.

Secondly, do the GE Nighthawks shine wider or further on to the road? When I installed my Osram SS, I didn\'t notice a difference when I just looked at the bulbs, but being the driver position, the light was more intense and went out wider and further.

How would you compare it to the stock bulbs? How much did the pair cost you?

wtom
10-22-2004, 02:33 PM
I can only see maybe 5% increase in light on the driver\'s side low beam...

chaser
10-24-2004, 11:41 PM
I didn\'t do a thoroughly test on the Nighthawks. What I did was changing the driver-side stock with a Nighthawk and went to a street where there were no street nights except a few lights from the building down the street(4th pic here) (http://www.imagestation.com/album/?id=2867100093&code=12512293&mode=invite&cmp=EMC-AlbumInvite).
The Nighthawks weren\'t a lot more intense than stock ... maybe 10-15% I\'d say. And they shined a bit wider than stocks.
I paid $62 taxes incl. for a pair from Cantire. I returned them on the next day after my simple-quick test. Now I think maybe I should give the Nighthawks a more \"professional\" test, if i have the time.

mEtH
10-25-2004, 04:57 AM
$62 OUCH for something GE :sarc :D

Sylvanias will look nice and whiter, I think they will out perform them too. Not positive but I think they are cheaper.

chaser
10-25-2004, 11:36 AM
yeah, it\'s too expensive for a pair of GE ... if there\'s no such thing called REFUND, I won\'t tocuh them :D