PDA

View Full Version : Hmmm... 2nd Gear

Saphress
10-25-2004, 09:49 PM
ok guys.... Here\'s something for ya

Perhaps I\'m a lil paranoid....???

I went to work this morning, no problems..... but coming home around 4pm... (nice bright warm somewhat day)... 1st n 2nd gear seemed a little weird. It\'s happened a few times... but I think now it\'s bugging me.

How to describe it? Have you ever driven with the handbrake on? Where it seems like something is dragging? or slowing the car down than normal? Well that\'s what it feels like. (and no... the handbrake was down)...

Anyone else have this weirdness? Never had that change of feeling in my Honda... wanted to know if this is perhaps normal?

bluntman
10-25-2004, 09:52 PM
It\'s not normal. I\'ve never felt that myself, everything is fine with my ride. Give it a stomp and see if it happens then.

Saphress
10-25-2004, 10:25 PM
Originally posted by bluntman

It\'s not normal. I\'ve never felt that myself, everything is fine with my ride. Give it a stomp and see if it happens then.

I dunno man.... at first I used to think cuz it was cold (at night)... but now ... hmmmmm... maybe I will give it a stomp.... ?

Dr Butcher
10-26-2004, 11:11 AM
Didn\'t Black3 have a problem with his 2nd gear as well? His was skipping the gear all together I believe. I think he ended up having to get his transmission done.

Give it time, see if it\'s a constant thing. if it turns out to be even semi-constant, I\'d have Mazda look at it.

Black3
10-26-2004, 06:53 PM
i did have a problem - and transmission was replaced.
2nd gear disappeared. it jumped from 1st to 3rd

Saphress
10-26-2004, 08:19 PM
thanks guys... I drove it today.... it seemed fine...(shrugs)... try it again tomorrow morning.