PDA

View Full Version : Which exhaust to get

GurungBoi
09-02-2015, 03:06 PM
Hello,

I'm currently thinking of changing my stock exhaust to something more street legal but sounds you know ;)
I have been looking at the forums and see that corksport exhaust are pretty famous.
cna you guys recommend me what exhaust is street legal but sounds awesome?
I have a mazda 3 2013 gx.

Let me know
Cheers!

Mazdy
09-02-2015, 03:39 PM
Youtube videos or come to meets to hear other people's exhaust

its all preference ....cant really have people suggest you exhaust as it might be biased of what exhaust they got...

but Magnaflow CBE is one of the famous exhaust out there that isnt obnoxious loud and still make a nice tone..

or you cpuld just take out your resonators if sound is all your after

GurungBoi
09-02-2015, 04:19 PM
Yeah i am leaning towards taking out resonators, mostly for the sound haha. I guess i'll look into it.

Hyperion
09-02-2015, 06:01 PM
http://www.torontomazda3.ca/forum/showthread.php?80384-Fs-2010-complete-exhaust

Canadianbacon
09-02-2015, 06:07 PM
I have corksport exhaust with msds headers minor issues with cracks at weld points in exhaust easy fix. Some leaks going to fix it tomorrow. And possibly delete my corksport resonators i need more loud.

microtandme
09-02-2015, 10:07 PM
Hks hi power cat backs are nice I love mine not too loud but a perfect tone for exhaust

GurungBoi
09-03-2015, 10:46 AM
Hks hi power cat backs are nice I love mine not too loud but a perfect tone for exhaust

Looks good and sounds good.
Where did you get yours from?

Flagrum_3
09-03-2015, 10:56 AM
I'd recommend the Vibrant Exhaust with the high-flow cat (If still available). Excellent quality, no issues with mine in 9 years and sounds pretty nice, not too loud. I've had lots of compliments over the years on the sound anyways.

microtandme
09-03-2015, 01:15 PM
Looks good and sounds good.
Where did you get yours from?

Got it used on kijiji for $180

microtandme
09-03-2015, 01:16 PM
If you do get the hks exhaust you gotta get a res delete it gives the perfect tone not too loud when driving but put your foot down and the thing roars

GurungBoi
09-03-2015, 05:31 PM
If you do get the hks exhaust you gotta get a res delete it gives the perfect tone not too loud when driving but put your foot down and the thing roars

and Cops will be waving to me hahah!
i'll check it out

RHenryMZ3
09-04-2015, 11:23 AM
I have a cat back exhaust from GT customs in Pickering, they use MagnaFlow exhaust parts as well as their personal brand stuff, high quality work and cheaper then buying exhaustes from the states with are current exchange rate. Mine has a 18" resonator and full 2.5" with high flow cat if your in Pickering area

geobur
09-04-2015, 12:18 PM

Agreed, I love mine!

and Cops will be waving to me hahah!
i'll check it out

I have the HKS Hipower with res delete and I have barely had cops give me a second glance, even when I am a little louder going past them.

GurungBoi
09-04-2015, 01:36 PM
how much did yours cost? Pm if unable to disclose public. I went to their site.. only shows work they have done and not what they have ;(

geobur
09-04-2015, 01:46 PM
how much did yours cost? Pm if unable to disclose public. I went to their site.. only shows work they have done and not what they have ;(

got it used off a member for about 400 if I remember correctly.

microtandme
09-04-2015, 07:32 PM
Agreed, I love mine!

I have the HKS Hipower with res delete and I have barely had cops give me a second glance, even when I am a little louder going past them.

I've ripped it past cops even here in South Carolina they look but don't care. The res delete is the only way to go.

RHenryMZ3
09-05-2015, 08:21 AM

I did mine in 3 stages so it cost more in the long run then if I got the full exhaust done at 1 time, it was(taxes included) $330 for muffler (dual exhaust) + piping to tips, $390 to do the mid pipe with a high flow cat, then another $200 to put in 18" magnaflow resonator (was to loud without it for myself). It was full 2.5" stainless piping, MIG welded every seam. You should call for a price, very nice guys there should be able to give you a quote in no time. I'd ballpark it around $600-650 CAD if you did it 1 shot and got a cat (the cat was around $120 with install)

MAZDArati
09-05-2015, 09:44 AM
Personally I got the magnafloe because it had a throaty sound to it

dentinger
09-05-2015, 11:18 AM
They all basically sound the same. I had a magnaflow, I liked it.

A cheaper route is a MS3 stock exhaust.

GurungBoi
09-05-2015, 12:43 PM
I did mine in 3 stages so it cost more in the long run then if I got the full exhaust done at 1 time, it was(taxes included) $330 for muffler (dual exhaust) + piping to tips, $390 to do the mid pipe with a high flow cat, then another $200 to put in 18" magnaflow resonator (was to loud without it for myself). It was full 2.5" stainless piping, MIG welded every seam. You should call for a price, very nice guys there should be able to give you a quote in no time. I'd ballpark it around $600-650 CAD if you did it 1 shot and got a cat (the cat was around $120 with install)

other than the magnaflow, it seems these are mostly custom made ones by them eh?
i guess i'll give them a call and see what they have ;)

GurungBoi
09-09-2015, 02:08 PM
I guess i'll go visit shops and get them quotes.

GurungBoi
09-09-2015, 03:10 PM
I guess i'll go visit shops and get them quotes.

Currently edging towards
https://www.partsengine.ca/p-57275-magnaflow-exhaust-system-cat-back-for-cars-and-suvs.aspx

Dynames
09-10-2015, 10:38 PM
As has been suggested below, an ms3 exhaust is a great option. You will see people selling from time to time and has a great sound to it. If you search around you will find some clips.

GurungBoi
09-11-2015, 04:09 PM
yup been looking.
Nothing so far lol

shift8
09-11-2015, 09:58 PM
yup been looking.
Nothing so far lol
We're about 3-4 weeks away from people selling off their summer mods because poor at college. Can't wait :)

Daylindafung
09-15-2015, 10:27 PM
best way for you to decide is to meetup with a few members on this forum and check out their car and how it sounds. That's what I did and I chose corksport over magnaflow :D

CloudPump
09-17-2015, 09:41 AM
Hello,

I'm currently thinking of changing my stock exhaust to something more street legal but sounds you know ;)
I have been looking at the forums and see that corksport exhaust are pretty famous.
cna you guys recommend me what exhaust is street legal but sounds awesome?
I have a mazda 3 2013 gx.

Let me know
Cheers!

What's more street legal than stock?

-Geoff

GurungBoi
09-21-2015, 04:10 PM
Something that sounds decent and the cops wont hog me for me lol.

GurungBoi
09-23-2015, 02:56 PM
SO anyone knows what the follow means? I'm new to the exhaust scene.. ( the one in bold)
If the 2nd Cat converter, then we put the Magnaflow HM Series Cat Converter which is $xxx with installation. Thanks!

I assume the converter is going to be just a universal one.
The guy is from L&G Auto Ltd

Canadianbacon
09-23-2015, 03:10 PM
SO anyone knows what the follow means? I'm new to the exhaust scene.. ( the one in bold)
If the 2nd Cat converter, then we put the Magnaflow HM Series Cat Converter which is $xxx with installation. Thanks!

I assume the converter is going to be just a universal one.
The guy is from L&G Auto Ltd
Its going to be a highflow cat, (more loud) less restrictive if that what im thinking hes saying