PDA

View Full Version : AEM / INJEN CAI

Tires23
11-03-2004, 05:51 PM
Hello members,

We now have AEM and INJEN COLD AIR INTAKES in stock.

Price $295 tax in for AEM and $325 tax in for INJEN

http://www.aempower.com/productSubCatImages/1_1_f.jpg
AEM

Here\'s a link to AEM\'s official dyno graph. NICE HP gain +6.5 Torque +10.1
http://www.aempower.com/pdf/dyno/21-487%2004%20Mazda%203s.pdf

Please give us a call if you want to grab them.

Thanks

Martin
(905)286-1017
sales@tires23.com

mEtH
11-03-2004, 06:31 PM
Is that regarding all colours for both models?

MazdaTree
11-03-2004, 11:28 PM
any dyno graphs of the injen?

Tires23
11-05-2004, 06:50 PM
AEM comes in Blue, Red, Silver and polished. Same price for all colours.

Injen comes in Polish and Black, price that we posted for Injen is Polished.

We dont have any dyno graph for Injen CAI.

Thanks

K Dawg ONE
12-02-2004, 02:33 PM
what about 2.0 intakes?

billyfo
12-06-2004, 08:09 PM
anyone installed? which one is better? yes it is a stupid Q:D

bluntman
12-06-2004, 09:31 PM
That\'s not a stupid question, that\'s a question that a lot of people are asking. I think Profusion said that the AEM boosts the low range while the Injen boosts near the upper range of the torque curve.

chaser
12-06-2004, 11:06 PM
Originally posted by billyfo
anyone installed?

Titanum-1 has installed an Injen CAI also, see this thread (http://torontomazda3.com/forum/read.php?TID=1090). But no comment about how it performs.

Originally posted by bluntman
That\'s not a stupid question, that\'s a question that a lot of people are asking. upper range of the torque curve.

+1 :D

Originally posted by bluntman
I think Profusion said that the AEM boosts the low range while the Injen boosts near the upper range of the torque curve.

If this is true, I like the AEM better since low range is more usable to me. Will CAI give better milage? That\'s another major concern.

wtom
12-07-2004, 10:28 AM
Originally posted by chaser

If this is true, I like the AEM better since low range is more usable to me. Will CAI give better milage? That\'s another major concern.

In theory it should give better fuel consumption (mileage) but since we all get a bit heavier with the right foot after a CAI ... :p

billyfo
12-07-2004, 05:55 PM
thanks for the answer.

so another temptation to mod:p

wtom
12-09-2004, 09:58 AM
Finally I received mine from Draxas... I shouldn\'t have jump the gun... total with customs that I\'ve paid for it is $324.11 :(

Customs was GST + PST + CanPost$5 handling = $49.47 How come some ppl only get GST charged?!?!?!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v606/wtom/CAI1.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v606/wtom/CAI2.jpg

bluntman
12-09-2004, 10:03 AM
WTF?

There won\'t be anymore surprises under the Christmas tree for you.

wtom
12-09-2004, 11:10 AM
LOL I ordered both intake and exhaust from Draxas back in late Sept of this year. :(

majic
12-09-2004, 11:40 AM
just be glad u didn\'t put them on your old car..

but yah.. damn that\'s a loooong time to ship!!

wtom
12-09-2004, 12:00 PM
Yeah I\'m still so frikkin lucky that none of my aftermarket stuff (or the OEM 6CD changer) came in prior to Oct. 7th. Damn lucky.

Nikolas misunderstood one of my \"special\" requests in having both shipped together. He had responded to that original email (way back in Sept) saying due to size and weight, it\'d be better to ship separately. However, he didn\'t find out the supplier only shipped within U.S. until early November; busy running around trying to get the exhausts ready and tested and packaged and shipped out (even tho TRD did all of that).

I was in no rush anyway so I didn\'t poke him for any of these delays on the CAI. In fact, it worked out better for me... technically, having exhaust first is better than having CAI only installed first. No point to breathe in more if it has no more/larger exhaust to exhale out of...

So anyways, Nikolas finally got the CAI from the supplier and shipped it out to me on Nov 18th. It arrived at customs on Dec 3rd. Final destination (my nearby postal outlet) Dec 7th.

Any suggestions on how I can possibly get SOME money back from that freakin $49.47 customs fee?

I am nervously waiting for the customs bill on the exhaust too... that for sure will be over $100. :(

FLIPDADY
12-09-2004, 12:48 PM
Maybe ask him I you can get some kind of discount on future purchases?

midnightfxgt
12-09-2004, 04:01 PM
Tom, once you sign for the package, the courier will not do anything. I called and asked, and she said if I refused to sign, and called them, they would try to accomodate me. But since I signed they will do nothing :sarc

~JOHN

majic
12-09-2004, 08:26 PM
Originally posted by midnightfxgt

Tom, once you sign for the package, the courier will not do anything. I called and asked, and she said if I refused to sign, and called them, they would try to accomodate me. But since I signed they will do nothing :sarc

~JOHN

that\'s not true.. especially FedEx has a nasty habit of sending you the \'duties/brokerage fees\' bill in the mail.. :(

MajesticBlueNTO
12-09-2004, 09:28 PM
Originally posted by wtom

Finally I received mine from Draxas... I shouldn\'t have jump the gun... total with customs that I\'ve paid for it is $324.11 :(

Customs was GST + PST + CanPost$5 handling = $49.47 How come some ppl only get GST charged?!?!?!

the box and contents look familiar ;)

wtom
04-01-2005, 01:12 PM
Is it me or does anyone else with an AEM intake (or any aftermarket CAI) hear a fluttering sound when they go WOT or at least gas it a lot more than normal, in mostly 2nd or 3rd is when it is most noticeable. The sound isn\'t too loud but it\'s noticeable when you don\'t have music blaring.

Freaking sounds like i\'m driving a pickup truck when I hear the fluttering noise. :(

EMAGDNIM
04-03-2005, 11:17 PM
I was reading that it was the consntraded air collecting around the base of the filter...

wtom
04-07-2005, 01:07 PM
Found the answer that this fluttering noise is normal;

http://www.mazda3forums.com/viewtopic.php?t=18368

Originally posted by wtom

Is it me or does anyone else with an AEM intake (or any aftermarket CAI) hear a fluttering sound when they go WOT or at least gas it a lot more than normal, in mostly 2nd or 3rd is when it is most noticeable. The sound isn\'t too loud but it\'s noticeable when you don\'t have music blaring.

Freaking sounds like i\'m driving a pickup truck when I hear the fluttering noise. :(