PDA

View Full Version : Volume level problem

Michaelsoft
11-04-2004, 01:54 PM
Not really a big problem, but I was just wondering if anyone noticed a huge jump in volume from level 4 to 5. I\'ve tested this with different CD\'s and the radio. Its a very noticeable jump. Its like it jumps 3 levels as suppose to 1.

wtom
11-04-2004, 02:38 PM
+1 and it happened on both my old 3 and the 3 I have now... it is kinda annoying that there\'s so much difference in audible volume. I have no explanation other than poor programming (if that is how its set up).

billyfo
11-04-2004, 06:28 PM
my ears go south, I don\'t notice any difference.

Xenon
11-04-2004, 08:55 PM
My radio usually deosn\'t dip below 10 :p But I do turn it down to 5 just before i turn off the car so it doesn\'t scare the bejebas out of me next time I start it.

There is a large difference between 4-5... but then again, i think you could say the same about 3-4... and 0 and 1....

I think it\'s programed that way on purpose.... so that it goes from mute (VOL 0) to audible (VOL 5) quickly. That way you don\'t use up 1/3 of the volume band just to make the sound audible.

Melenium
11-23-2004, 12:03 PM
Originally posted by Michaelsoft

Not really a big problem, but I was just wondering if anyone noticed a huge jump in volume from level 4 to 5. I\'ve tested this with different CD\'s and the radio. Its a very noticeable jump. Its like it jumps 3 levels as suppose to 1.

I\'ve sort of figured this one out. It has to do with the ALC - try setting it to 0 or 1 and you\'ll notice that the jumps aren\'t nearly as much. Strange thing is that they\'re also not too big when you\'re not moving. Go figure.

bluntman
11-23-2004, 12:17 PM
OK, I noticed this behaviour too and I have a couple of amps...it must be the preamp section of the headunit (my ALC is set to zero).