PDA

View Full Version : Halo 2

bluntman
11-10-2004, 12:44 PM
I picked up Halo 2 yesterday from EBGames in Yorkdale, I jumped on their \"Trade In 3 Get It Free\" promotion. Eventhough I am a fan of the first Halo, I wasn\'t one of those who lined up in the middle of the night to get my hands on my copy one minute after midnight. As I\'ve stated before in these forums...I\'m too old for that.

When I got home, I popped it into my XBox and ran through the opening cinematics. Hmm, the Covenant speak English. What ever happened to meeting an alien race who didn\'t speak English? Or have an English accent like in the movie Dreamcather. WTF? Anyway, having guns in both hands at one time (a la John Woo) is nice, but you loose the ability to throw a grenede (PITA). I played it until MC died, yes, on the first level, then I switched games to X-Men Legends...now there\'s a game that I\'m into!

Anyone else pick up either of these games?

Dr Butcher
11-10-2004, 12:56 PM
I picked up Halo 2 yesterday afternoon but never got around to opening it. I put in a long day Monday so I took yesterday afternoon off but was still burnt out. I\'ll put it through its paces tonight and totally expect to see 100% of my friends list online playing it.

I should have invested in Microsoft and or EB Games back in the day. I heard Microsoft say they were expecting $100 million in sales from just Halo 2 by the end of the day yesterday. :sarc

bluntman
11-10-2004, 01:08 PM
I think I have you on my XBL \"Friends List\".

miggiddy
11-10-2004, 05:01 PM
Sadly no xbox = no halo 2 :(

BUT that only means Half-life 2 :D

Airman Jack
11-12-2004, 09:13 AM
I got it on the day after, and I\'ve already beaten it on \"normal\" difficulty. The ending is kind of shitty, but I won\'t spoil it for anyone yet. I really enjoyed the story and new weapons/abilities. I\'m also looking forward to getting Half Life 2, but before I can play that game on my PC I have to get a new graphics card!! :p

mEtH
11-13-2004, 03:03 AM
any of you guys on live? I\'ll add yah to my friends list and we can play party games considering this matchmaking crap for HALO 2 SUX!!!!

bluntman
11-13-2004, 10:09 AM
I suck in FPSers. My tag name is \"I am Spartacus\"...Dr Butcher is on there too as \"Dr Butcher\".