PDA

View Full Version : nice cars at school

///M
11-13-2004, 01:00 AM
http://individual.utoronto.ca/cc_706/DSC01210.JPG
http://individual.utoronto.ca/cc_706/DSC01210.JPG

quick pic I snapped
330i, Cooper S and Boxter

there are also numerous M3s on the surface lots...including a very nice ACS-ed Laguna Seca Blue one :)

MajesticBlueNTO
11-13-2004, 04:42 AM
isn\'t it grand when students drive better cars than professors. makes you wonder, why exactly are they going to school?! :p

teambedlam
11-13-2004, 08:21 AM
Originally posted by MajesticBlueN isn\'t it grand when students drive better cars than professors.

Thats nothing. Back at my highschool the student parking lot was like that. There was the Mustang section, the Camaro section, the BMW section, a Porshe section. and some normal cars.

The teachers lot however had the rusted out Toyota section, VW van section, and a whole bunch of normal cars.

I almost became part of the Mustang section. I had my eye on a \'72 mustang Mach 1. sadly the bank of mom and dad wouldn\'t approved the loan because it was in really bad shape.

RedRaptor
11-13-2004, 12:28 PM
Originally posted by MajesticBlueN

isn\'t it grand when students drive better cars than professors. makes you wonder, why exactly are they going to school?! :p

At UofT, all the \"nice cars\" belong to students who have rich parents that buy them the car and all the mods to their cars. Think about it, I can\'t see how a student who has to pay $8000 tuition each year can afford a $60,000 car on their own. Some students I know had to work part time \"after\" school just to make tuition.

What can I say? Some people are born with a silver platter while others aren\'t. But someone with a \"nice car\" that Mommy and Daddy bought them, and brags about is worse off in my books.

wtom
11-16-2004, 02:28 PM
Originally posted by RedRaptor

What can I say? Some people are born with a silver platter while others aren\'t. But someone with a \"nice car\" that Mommy and Daddy bought them, and brags about is worse off in my books.

+1

http://www.torontomazda3.com/forum/read.php?TID=1035

miggiddy
11-16-2004, 04:15 PM
When I see some \'young looking\' person with a nice ride I\'m always asking myself how the hell can they afford such. I can barely afford the 3. In highschool the only ride I had was the bus or unless one of my friends got to borrow their parents car (it was rare that my folks would let us take the car to school).

racing3
11-23-2004, 06:22 PM
There are just too many nice cars in the Rotman parking lot. I went there for a walk once in while just to look around for nice cars. (but not stealing, don\'t get me wrong) :D

billyfo
11-23-2004, 08:23 PM
actually, if you go back 10 yrs ago, that when I attending UofT Scarb, not too many nice car in this campus. but I heard so many friends said that YorkU owned the title to have the most # of expesive cars.

now cause Asian economic downturn (except for China) not many parents are able to buy nice cars for their kids.

///M
11-23-2004, 09:43 PM
I too agree that YorkU has the nicest cars.

I\'ve heard that there\'s a 911GT2 and a GT3 there, both driven by students.

///M
11-23-2004, 09:44 PM
Originally posted by racing3

There are just too many nice cars in the Rotman parking lot. I went there for a walk once in while just to look around for nice cars. (but not stealing, don\'t get me wrong) :D

you\'re from UofT?

MarkhamMazda3
01-05-2005, 10:10 AM
I go to YorkU and must confirm the rumors of the nicest cars. there is a G-500, a few boxsters, tons and tons of M3s and WRX\'s. Not to mention about 5 rx-8\'s, 4 or so corvettes and that is just in my parking lot which is about 10% of the lots in york.

AfterBurner
01-05-2005, 06:03 PM
Originally posted by miggiddy

When I see some \'young looking\' person with a nice ride I\'m always asking myself how the hell can they afford such. I can barely afford the 3. In highschool the only ride I had was the bus or unless one of my friends got to borrow their parents car (it was rare that my folks would let us take the car to school).

TTC was my only way of travel for my entire schooling. Never allowed to drive the Caravan to school. I would still be taking the TTC if it didn\'t take so long (2 hours to get to work) and was soo expensive (Double fare per trip cause I work north of Steeles, Metropass not allowed).

I can safely say that I will never own a BMW or comparable car as even if I did have the money I would not spend $40,000 on a car cause it is not worth it. I make a good living and can just afford a 3 (I would be driving an Accent if not) and I see people who I know make significantly less than me and drive more expensive cars (Acura, Lexus, Infiniti, BMW) and I wonder how they do it. I think they live on a per paycheck basis and carry credit card balances cause I just don\'t see any other way.

S.F.W.
01-05-2005, 07:32 PM
I took public transit through public shcool, high school and the first 7 years of my working career. Didn\'t havea a license until this past summer, as i couldn\'t afford my own car, and would rarely have use to my mom\'s car.
As for the nice cars...my high school had really nice cars. The students drove nicer cars than the teachers, BMW\'s, Lexus, Acura, etc. All that, and it was not a private school.

al01
01-05-2005, 11:45 PM
=D the nicest car in my high school parkin i guess is my comp eng teachers jaguar .. another comp eng teacher owns a red civic sir, n alot of corolla n vans.. on the student side.. i must say my winning blue m3 is most outstanding very easy to spot =DD.. my frd also own a grey m3 but my is nicer :p some other guy has a wrx. the student parkin lot has 2 side.. one side are always filled with nice cars (where i would park my car) and the other side with normal cars n sometimes even bikes lol

swales
01-07-2005, 08:36 AM
My high school had some sick rides, I would say the average student car was $50,000 with most of them being way more expensive. If you wanted to see the latest and greatest from any of the German automakers you would just have to check out the parking lot. BTW, I went to school in Vancouver.

mazda3boss
01-08-2005, 03:38 PM
Originally posted by miggiddy

well throughout highschool i just used my parents car just to go out sometimes not for school use, used to walk to school every day in this cold ass weather... until i finished highschool and my workin and savin i bought my self a mazda 3 after 2004 auto show, at age of 18, man that insurance was skyrocketing, i mean it aint fully loaded but still got some stuff in there, i kept it regular cause thats all i can afford, i got a GS, now as i pay it off and insurance i\'ll slowly add stuff to it, my next thing is gonna be rims cause i am getting sick of these 15\" alloys

i go to UTM, there aint much nice cars there, i think mine is the best :p :p :p

at my highschool, there was some nice bmw\'s and one guy i know owns a porshe boxter, ya all came out of his parents bank, i worked for my car and i\'m good, i pay my own shit cause my parents can\'t pay for all that.