PDA

View Full Version : 3rd gen resonator delete?

outofreach
04-11-2016, 06:08 PM
What's up guys. Im thinking on doing a resonator delete for 3rd gen. But i wanna know how it sounds and hows the performance. Any of you guys did it already? Thoughts please :) also running with a magnaflow muffler

S.F.W.
04-11-2016, 06:45 PM
I am confused. In your earlier thread you ask for shop recommendations to do the work, and people gave you suggestions.
Now you are asking for feedback.
It seems you have already decided to proceed with the resonator delete, and now want members to reassure you, and tell you it will be great.

Think...plan..post..
Post, then plan, you are missing the think.

outofreach
04-11-2016, 06:58 PM
I am confused. In your earlier thread you ask for shop recommendations to do the work, and people gave you suggestions.
Now you are asking for feedback.
It seems you have already decided to proceed with the resonator delete, and now want members to reassure you, and tell you it will be great.

Think...plan..post..
Post, then plan, you are missing the think.

Sorry mod but i didnt ask for a shop recommendation earlier. That's not me

patrickdominick
04-11-2016, 09:28 PM

http://www.torontomazda3.ca/forum/showthread.php?82070-suggest-any-mechanic-to-do-a-resonator-delete

lol

S.F.W.
04-11-2016, 09:33 PM

http://www.torontomazda3.ca/forum/showthread.php?82070-suggest-any-mechanic-to-do-a-resonator-delete

lol

Apologies, I was confused as to who asked the question.

ScGibbs
04-14-2016, 12:03 PM
outofreach I have a resonator delete with stock muffler. You can't tell unless it's a cold start. It sounds like a raspy 4 cylinder on cold start. Sounds a bit better at high rpm. Makes it sound a lot more tin canish.

outofreach
04-14-2016, 07:16 PM
outofreach I have a resonator delete with stock muffler. You can't tell unless it's a cold start. It sounds like a raspy 4 cylinder on cold start. Sounds a bit better at high rpm. Makes it sound a lot more tin canish.

I hope it will lessen the raspy sound on my car as i am running magnaflow muffler. Btw thanks for giving some info.

ScGibbs
04-15-2016, 01:07 AM
Err. It will make it more raspy if you delete the resonator.

Str8_Pipe_mz3
04-15-2016, 12:16 PM
just do a straight pipe from the headers