PDA

View Full Version : New dead pedal

bluntman
11-14-2004, 02:19 PM
http://members.rogers.com/alegardo/deadpedal.jpg

I bought this from a store inside Pacific Mall. It\'s an AC Schnitzer knock off but it is (rather thick) aluminum with real rubber \"grips\". I was looking for a large dead pedal and couldn\'t figure out why a Mazda made such a small one for the JDM eventhough the existing area for the dead pedal was so large.

Now if only there was a way to remove the AC Schnitzer logo from the middle of the dead pedal. The logo is embossed or laser etched (?) into the aluminum with some black paint to outline/highlight the logo. I removed the black paint with some nail polish remover and a pin so it won\'t be as noticeable.

majic
11-14-2004, 02:42 PM
that thing is GIANORMOUS!!! :D

how was the install? from what i hear it\'s pretty much dead space under where the dead pedal should be (ie. foam/styrofoam) or is it drillable plastic/metal? I mean is it securely in its place is the bottom line question?

bluntman
11-14-2004, 02:47 PM
I know it\'s big, but I like it. When my foot is on it, it\'s completely covered. I used the four half-inch tapping screws that were included with the dead pedal and drilled right through the carpet. I don\'t think I hit any sheet metal underneath (honestly, I didn\'t even bother lifting up the carpet to see what was under there), but it\'s firmly attached at all four corners.

majic
11-14-2004, 02:53 PM
Originally posted by bluntman

I know it\'s big, but I like it. When my foot is on it, it\'s completely covered. I used the four half-inch tapping screws that were included with the dead pedal and drilled right through the carpet. I don\'t think I hit any sheet metal underneath (honestly, I didn\'t even bother lifting up the carpet to see what was under there), but it\'s firmly attached at all four corners.

boy.. what big feet you have :D

cool.. thx.. just wanted to know if there was any metal to go through and if it is securely anchored.. oh yah and to increase my post count :p

bluntman
11-14-2004, 03:02 PM
I think the angle at which I took the picture makes it seem a bit larger than it really is.

Dr Butcher
11-14-2004, 07:08 PM
Bottom line.... How much?

Which store had \'em?

bluntman
11-14-2004, 08:34 PM
The store right next to Canada Computers (Formula Salon, I think)...$80.

///M
11-14-2004, 09:14 PM
lol!
AC Schnitzer on a Mazda...that\'s a first! :D

Airman Jack
11-15-2004, 08:44 AM
where the heck is Pacific Mall? :p

wtom
11-15-2004, 09:42 AM
Pacific Mall; map (http://ca.maps.yahoo.com/maps_result?ed=N_qtI.p_0Tornx5ibKCnukLfCWZxn4R6nGR OlQRNdgRuNHO0&csz=Markham%2C+ON&country=ca&new=1&n ame=&qty=)

EDIT: AVOID on weekends if at all possible! The parking can be like Vaughan Mills mall during its first week. :D

FLIPDADY
11-15-2004, 10:21 AM
Hey bluntman how about putting a 3 logo on the dead pedal? Maybe a nice Mazdaspeed one? Let me know.

bluntman
11-15-2004, 10:29 AM
Originally posted by FLIPSPEED

Hey bluntman how about putting a 3 logo on the dead pedal? Maybe a nice Mazdaspeed one? Let me know.

I would like to grind the entire dead pedal down until the logo doesn\'t show up anymore. Adding a Mazdaspeed logo would just make that much more \"ricey\" than it already is...I am allowed a little rice in my diet, just not too much! :D

FLIPDADY
11-16-2004, 01:09 PM
Here\'s a picture of the manual transmission pedal set.

http://www.finishlineperformance.com/images/mazda3_pedals.jpg

MajesticBlueNTO
11-16-2004, 02:01 PM

which i must say is rather functional :)

when wet, my shoes have yet to slip off the clutch like they did with the stock rubber pads.

<thumbsUp> thanks Joe </thumbsUp>

FLIPDADY
11-17-2004, 07:53 AM
I\'m gonna get a set of these pedals now.

Mayhem
11-17-2004, 12:51 PM
Hey Flip.....where\'d you get those pedals? and what brand are they

bluntman
11-17-2004, 12:53 PM
Those are the Mazda OE aluminum pedal covers.

billyfo
12-06-2004, 08:20 PM
$80 for ACS dead pedal not bad. blutman, may be you can using some silver or aluminum color to paint/brush on the logo.

bluntman
12-06-2004, 09:29 PM
Originally posted by billyfo

$80 for ACS dead pedal not bad. blutman, may be you can using some silver or aluminum color to paint/brush on the logo.

The logo is engraved so painting it won\'t help, I\'d have to fill it or shave the whole thing down.

///M
12-06-2004, 11:04 PM
What about using some bondo to fill it and painting over it?

bubba1983
12-07-2004, 07:22 AM
how much for teh OE pedal covers?

bluntman
12-07-2004, 08:43 AM
Originally posted by autoexe

What about using some bondo to fill it and painting over it?

Sounds like too much work, I\'ll just cover it with my foot.

Originally posted by bubba1983

how much for teh OE pedal covers?

The automatic covers are $56 and the manual covers are $86(ish)...that\'s with the club discount from Avante Toronto, plus taxes.

Mayhem
12-12-2004, 04:51 PM
I saw a picture of an RX-8 interior. The deadpedal looked pretty cool. Would it fit on the 3? Hey Flipspeed.....Can it be bought separately and how much does it cost?

bluntman
12-12-2004, 06:41 PM
http://www.mazdastuff.com/custom/productzoom/04_RX8_PedalSetB1.gif

FE01-V8-210 (foot rest only)

Mayhem
12-12-2004, 08:48 PM
Nice.....that looks like it would fit I think. That part number is for the deadpedal only right ( I think that\'s what you said) . I\'ll have to call on Monday and get a price. If Flip could post the membership price. (oh.....how do I get affiliated status? Do I have to wait until the next meet or does my postcount qualify me:D ?

Xenon
12-12-2004, 09:04 PM
Originally posted by Mayhem

Nice.....that looks like it would fit I think. That part number is for the deadpedal only right ( I think that\'s what you said) . I\'ll have to call on Monday and get a price. If Flip could post the membership price. (oh.....how do I get affiliated status? Do I have to wait until the next meet or does my postcount qualify me:D ?

Usually it\'s 30 posts, 2 meets, but so far, I\'ve been generous and have put you on the list if you have 30 posts and have attended 1 meet.

Mayhem
12-12-2004, 10:03 PM
Cool.....wish I had been able to make the last meet, but no worries.....I\'m looking forward to the next meet.

keving
12-12-2004, 10:35 PM
Hey Xenon, I have attended a meet and posted 30 times I believe. Does that mean I\'m an active member? That\'d be pretty cool.

wtom
01-31-2005, 01:50 PM
bluntman, how\'s the deadpedal? Are the screws loose at all?

FLIPDADY
02-01-2005, 01:48 PM
The RX-8 footrest is a whole plastic assembly. The only way that it would fit is if you flattened that hump on the carpet. I had one customer just buy the rest and he removed the aluminum plate and bolted it to the carpet. The member price is $31.33.

MAZDA Kitten
02-01-2005, 07:04 PM

My boyfriend got these for my Christmas present. They are like night and day compared to the stock pedals. My foot would be slipping all the time and making squeeking noises. These are amazing huge improvement

lukel90
02-01-2005, 07:34 PM
Do those pedals just slip on MK, or is any drilling involved. I had to drill with the momo pedals which i really didnt want to do.

MajesticBlueNTO
02-01-2005, 09:51 PM
Originally posted by MAZDA Kitten

My boyfriend got these for my Christmas present. They are like night and day compared to the stock pedals. My foot would be slipping all the time and making squeeking noises. These are amazing huge improvement

+1 i got it a few months ago. my feet have yet to slip in the winter. when it slips slightly, one of the ridges grips onto the shoe.

lukel90, there\'s no drilling involved...they snap on.

Whos ur dadd
02-02-2005, 10:34 AM
I\'m thinking of this Dead Pedal (http://www.mazda3forums.com/viewtopic.php?t=13991)

Anyone here got one?

bubba1983
02-02-2005, 12:59 PM
i was looking at that myself....but im not too fuzzzy on grip tape for grip \"pads\" so to speak

wtom
02-02-2005, 04:06 PM
Originally posted by lukel90

Do those pedals just slip on MK, or is any drilling involved. I had to drill with the momo pedals which i really didnt want to do.

Hey lukel90, how difficult was it to drill the brake pedal? I got a set of momo pedals as well (for my bday) and I\'ve yet to get them on. Tried once and had no luck drilling into the hard plastic of the accelerator pedal. :(

Right now it\'s too cold for me to even bother a second attempt. :(

PlatMS6
02-02-2005, 07:42 PM
http://alumnus.caltech.edu/~mark/mazda/pedal_floor.jpg

PlatMS6
02-02-2005, 07:43 PM
Originally posted by 2004mz3

http://alumnus.caltech.edu/~mark/mazda/pedal_floor.jpg

somethin like this would be better than those stripes but it would have to be slimmer/rubber/more attractive plugs

http://www.mazda3forums.com/viewtopic.php?t=12696&postdays=0&postorder=asc&hig hlight=dead+pedal&start=30

FLIPDADY
02-14-2005, 05:28 PM
I went to Pac Mall last night and saw a few decent looking dead pedals. They ranged from $30+ they also had matching brake and accelerator ones too.

SoopaBanana
02-14-2005, 11:41 PM

I went to Pac Mall last night and saw a few decent looking dead pedals. They ranged from $30+ they also had matching brake and accelerator ones too.

Which store?

FLIPDADY
02-15-2005, 07:48 AM
Originally posted by SoopaBanana

Which store?
It was Station 28 the store where all the employees watch you like hawks. Right when you enter the store the pedals are on the right hand side. Don\'t always go by the price tag because everytime I go in there they take like $2-$5 off.

thr33scompany
02-23-2005, 11:31 AM

How much are these aluminum pedal covers?
do i just get them at a dealership?

FLIPDADY
02-23-2005, 11:48 AM
Originally posted by thr33scompany

How much are these aluminum pedal covers?
do i just get them at a dealership?

The USDM OEM pedals you can get locally at Mazda of Toronto. The JDM OEM one\'s you can get on Ebay.

thr33scompany
02-23-2005, 01:04 PM
you can only get the pedals at Avante? how about other dealerships?
do you know how much roughly Avante is selling them for?

bluntman
02-23-2005, 01:48 PM
Avante has been the only dealership in the GTA nice enough to go the extra mile to order these \"special\" parts for us. Not only have they ordered these pedals, but as well as the \"Axela\" badges and JDM LED tail lights. It may have just been FLIPSPEED catering to the Mazda3 community, but I\'m pretty sure Dave the Parts Manager will continue with the same top-notch service. I only deal with Avante (Richmond Hill or Toronto).

FLIPDADY
02-23-2005, 02:17 PM
It was all me!!!:p

No seriously I couldn\'t have done it without the help of some people in the TM3 community. They helped provide me with some of the part numbers. Just talk to Dave he will be more than glad to help you out.

Whos ur dadd
03-10-2005, 05:16 PM

My clutch pedal keeps on falling off. I think it\'s due to the Crappy Tire thick rubber mat I have in there - it doesn\'t conform to the shape of the M3 floor. Does anyone else have the same problem? It\'s either the mat or the clutch pedal clippy thing is too loose. Of course, I could take out the mat and see whether it continues to become undone, but then my carpet\'ll get all doity...

cookie
04-16-2005, 05:43 PM
Originally posted by Whos ur dadd

My clutch pedal keeps on falling off. I think it\'s due to the Crappy Tire thick rubber mat I have in there - it doesn\'t conform to the shape of the M3 floor. Does anyone else have the same problem? It\'s either the mat or the clutch pedal clippy thing is too loose. Of course, I could take out the mat and see whether it continues to become undone, but then my carpet\'ll get all doity...

Hi. I just installed new pedals too and my clutch pedal keeps getting lose too for some reason. I thought it was because I didn\'t do it tight enough or something.

chaser
04-17-2005, 07:26 PM
Originally posted by cookie

Hi. I just installed new pedals too and my clutch pedal keeps getting lose too for some reason. I thought it was because I didn\'t do it tight enough or something.

I\'d to push real hard to the point I thought I\'m going to break them ... ^_^\'

thr33scompany
04-17-2005, 07:33 PM

I have no problems with my pedals. Might I also add that they make a HUGE difference compared to the stock rubbers. No slippage at all since the change.

Kevin@nextmod
11-30-2005, 08:32 PM
Do you guys know when you\'ll have pedals for the 2006 automatic?

FLIPDADY
12-01-2005, 12:12 PM
Originally posted by Pearl_Hatch

I got 2 sets in stock.

BLKOUT
12-01-2005, 03:18 PM

I got 2 sets in stock.

Hey Flipspeed, how much for the set?

majic
12-01-2005, 03:23 PM

Kevin@nextmod
12-01-2005, 04:21 PM
Are you sure it fits the 2006? because i bought a set but it didn\'t fit because the brake pedal for the 2006 is slightly bigger
I\'m not saying i don\'t believe you i\'m just making sure:)

FLIPDADY
12-01-2005, 05:05 PM

Are you sure it fits the 2006? because i bought a set but it didn\'t fit because the brake pedal for the 2006 is slightly bigger
I\'m not saying i don\'t believe you i\'m just making sure:)
Did you buy the OEM ones?

Kevin@nextmod
12-01-2005, 06:16 PM
Yes i did. I purchased it from Avante. Jeff knows about it too because i got my refund money back.

RedRaptor
12-01-2005, 10:14 PM
2006 models have a bigger brake pedal for the auto. Therefore the 2005 OEM pedal set will not fit for the auto. I am not sure if its the same for the manual.

Read more about it here (http://www.mazda3forums.com/index.php?topic=32854.0).

Kevin@nextmod
12-02-2005, 12:33 AM
Originally posted by RedRaptor

2006 models have a bigger brake pedal for the auto. Therefore the 2005 OEM pedal set will not fit for the auto. I am not sure if its the same for the manual.

Read more about it here (http://www.mazda3forums.com/index.php?topic=32854.0).

From that source this guy owns the 2006 5speed and he had to file it down too.

Originally posted by 07Beckham yes, that was me who spent 2 hours grinding dremeling filing and cuting to make them fit. But at least Mazda got smart and changed the clutch and brake pedals from plastic to steel. It does take a little effort but you can make them fit if you are brave enough to cut into the steel pedals. If you have any questions on how i did it or anything like that just send me a PM

FLIPDADY
12-02-2005, 04:27 PM
My bad I should of test fitted it first.

MAZDA Kitten
12-03-2005, 05:30 PM

My clutch pedal falls of sometimes too
And only when its SUPER cold. I think it maybe the plastic or rubber whatever they are made out of reacting to colder weather (expands? stiffens?) But I\'ve had mine on for almost a year now and it only happens in very cold temperatures.