PDA

View Full Version : Sirrus XM

Joker Dee
04-27-2016, 08:33 AM
Hello Folks quick question, I own a pre owned 2014 Mazda 3 GS sedan
The previous owner didn't purchase a XM package for the vehicle.
If I purchase a OEM shark fin can I get XM in the car? Is it possible?

Johns 08 3 GT
04-27-2016, 08:49 AM
As far as I know there is no satellite radio kit offered by Mazda. It only came on the very top trim level.

nigvlb_
04-28-2016, 05:59 AM
Satelite Radio would be sweet. Always wanted to have that Sirrus XM as an option in my car lol.

natspriceless
04-28-2016, 09:56 AM
I have it and honestly I'm not sure it is worth the monthly subscription fee unless you are really into some of the specialty talk stations.

Johns 08 3 GT
04-28-2016, 10:41 AM
I have it and honestly I'm not sure it is worth the monthly subscription fee unless you are really into some of the specialty talk stations.

I had XM when it first came out. I loved it. When they merged with Sirius they got rid of the 3 stations I loved. I dropped them ASAP. My car has factory satellite radio. Never hooked it up.

Free pod cast's FTW.

mazdasport
04-28-2016, 06:40 PM
Not worth it if you live in a major urban center but in most of northern Ontario there are no stations so satellite radio is all you can use when driving so I find it worth it for that reason only I travel northern Ontario alot

dentinger
04-28-2016, 07:34 PM
ive had it in my truck for years, i like it. Its a bit pricey, but worth it for me, for no commercials/ads

as mazdasport stated, its nice if you take long trips, or you're out in the middle of nowhere a lot.
its also nice to have the variety that satellite radio does, that the radio doesnt offer.

natspriceless
04-28-2016, 08:02 PM
ive had it in my truck for years, i like it. Its a bit pricey, but worth it for me, for no commercials/ads

as mazdasport stated, its nice if you take long trips, or you're out in the middle of nowhere a lot.
its also nice to have the variety that satellite radio does, that the radio doesnt offer.
Makes total sense. Truthfully I really only fell out of love with it when I started to use Spotify but if you don't have the data on your phone to support streaming music, satellite radio is the next best thing

Cjcoolen
04-29-2016, 12:37 AM
You can always save a playlist offline with spotify and have it accessible with or without data.

dentinger
04-29-2016, 10:09 PM
my coworker has a newer ram (2013), with the touchscreen, and he can program it so it alerts him when his favourite artist/songs come on other stations. its nice.

mazdasport
04-30-2016, 08:06 AM
my coworker has a newer ram (2013), with the touchscreen, and he can program it so it alerts him when his favourite artist/songs come on other stations. its nice.

Its funny they just started that in cars now when I have my stand alone unit 8 years ago it did that

bigguy1
05-03-2016, 09:57 PM
I have had a couple different portable units for over 7 years. I like Howard stern and used to listen to bubba the love sponge. They have some good music channels also. I would not have it if I had to pay what they want. I always speak with customer retention dept and work out a deal. I'm currently paying 89.00 for a year. I do a lot of driving so well worth it.

ShibbyDibbyDoo
05-03-2016, 11:10 PM
The no commercials is not quite accurate. Kind of annoys me that they lie about that.