PDA

View Full Version : Business Opportunity

Snipes
11-15-2004, 07:04 AM
Hey all, recently I started up a new business and am expanding. If interested in hearing what it\'s about then get back to me and i\'ll drop you the scoop.

Airman Jack
11-15-2004, 08:21 AM
maybe you should give people a little more detail on what kind of business you\'re talking about :) ... unless of course :sarc .... I\'m gonna shut up now.. :p

midnightfxgt
11-15-2004, 08:35 AM
LOL.... let us know what it is. As long as it isnt one of those pryamid schemes :p

~JOHN

Snipes
11-15-2004, 10:26 AM
This biz is in the Prosumerism Industry. Essentially this is how it works. It is a network marketing business and we shop online for things that we already use. Such as soap, towels, food, cleaners, clothes, electronics and a whole bunch of other products. There are 500,000 products and it\'s stuff we already use. Each product has points associated with it like airmiles. The points get passed up the network. The accumulated points at the end of the month determines the discount of savings you receive on the products you bought. Now there is a main team and in that case I am responsible for putting everybody underneath you when you get your number. If you decide to start your own team then the money starts to roll in and it can be anywhere from $1000.00 a month to $10,000. I have a friend that has been doing this for 4 years. He now makes $50,000 every two weeks. Has some of the nicest cars and a beautiful house. The biz is very easy to do and only costs $167 to register. It\'s like a glorified costco membership except at costco they check your receipt when you leave whereas with this biz they give you a cheque at the end of the month. If you would like more details feel free to message me.
Lastly, it\'s not a pyramid and I have proven it because I make more money then the people above me. I can prove this to anybody if they would like me to.

midnightfxgt
11-15-2004, 05:38 PM
So you making more money than you recruits, doesnt make this a pyramid? Doesnt your pay factor mainly on the people below you and their purchasing habits?

The more ppl you sign up, and the more they buy = your income.

Not for me Thanks though :)

~JOHN

MajesticBlueNTO
11-15-2004, 09:17 PM
is this Quixtar/Amway?!

Snipes
11-16-2004, 08:09 AM
You have that mixed up. The person that is above me and recruited me is making less then me. It depends on how driven you are in succeeding. For the second question. The products are housed by Quixtar and the business model is Interbiz.

AfterBurner
11-16-2004, 10:49 AM
I was approached by someone on the TTC about the Quixtar \"business\". It seemed to me that the \"business\" was more about recruiting other people to contribute to your earnings than the actual products you sell. It just seems that the persons who make the most money don\'t really seem to be involved in selling the products as they usually have other people under them doing that.

Just my $0.02 anyway.

Snipes
11-16-2004, 12:07 PM
That is possible for some people and how they run their business however here is how I look at it. If you had a Ferrari Enzo wouldn\'t it only make sense to put the right gas in it. In my business I talk about the products a lot because they are high quality and only make sense to use. If you aren\'t loyal to your own products then how can you speak on behalf of them and then expect others to buy. In my mind that wouldn\'t make sense but I guess that guy on the TTC didn\'t see it that way. That\'s cool. To each their own.

MajesticBlueNTO
11-16-2004, 12:10 PM
Originally posted by AfterBurner

I was approached by someone on the TTC about the Quixtar \"business\". It seemed to me that the \"business\" was more about recruiting other people to contribute to your earnings than the actual products you sell. It just seems that the persons who make the most money don\'t really seem to be involved in selling the products as they usually have other people under them doing that.

Just my $0.02 anyway.

i\'ve been approached by a few people at loblaws of all places!

there was a Dateline episode on the Quixtar/Amway thing about how the people at the top make the most money from the seminars/recruitment drives they talk at (amongst other things about Quixtar/Amway)

do a google search on \"quixtar\" or \"quixtar dateline\" for more research.

Snipes
11-16-2004, 12:31 PM
I am aware of the seminars but not about how people get paid for them. I will look into that.
I will state though that last month I spent $80 on products that I was going to buy anyways like deodorant and soap and got a cheque back at the end of the month for more then that. It works for me. There are now 56 people underneath my name in 5 months and I only know 10 of them personally. With a team environment the team helps to recruit and it isn\'t solely dependant on myself. I like it when others do the work for me.
Here is one thing that I find weird about society. Most of us work and most of us work for somebody else (boss). That guy/girl most likely works for his/her boss and so on up the chain. Now if you are the smallest guy in the company does the success of your work help your salary? Yes it does and furthermore it helps the salary of your boss and continues to feed up the employment structure. I am not saying quixtar is a pyramid because I have proved that theory wrong but how aren\'t conventional businesses with their structure pyramids? Look at Mircosoft and IBM. They have a structure that works and if you explain pyramid they follow it. Bill Gates didn\'t get rich by himself. He had to recruit or hire. As years went on more hiring and recruiting happened.

You work for your boss and he gets paid more than you. The president get paids the most and does the least. Does that sound fair?
Not in my books but just my $0.05
Lastly the tax benefits with this are amazing. Now that you have your own home based business you can write off so much. As T4 employees we suffer the most as we pay a lot to the government. Personally I would rather have that money in my pocket. Now I can write off so many things and it\'s awesome. I figure the government owes me about $1500 this year just because of this business. For $167 to register that only made sense to me.

MajesticBlueNTO
11-16-2004, 01:45 PM
Originally posted by Snipes
I am not saying quixtar is a pyramid because I have proved that theory wrong but how aren\'t conventional businesses with their structure pyramids? Look at Mircosoft and IBM. They have a structure that works and if you explain pyramid they follow it. Bill Gates didn\'t get rich by himself. He had to recruit or hire. As years went on more hiring and recruiting happened.

.... For $167 to register that only made sense to me.

companies such as Microsoft, IBM and conventional businesses aren\'t pyramids schemes because their employees do not have to pay to join when hired.

midnightfxgt
11-16-2004, 02:50 PM
I have often thought about trying this... but after seeing literally HUNDREDS of complaints on the web I have decided not to. Also the class action lawsuits againt Quixtar are staggering. This may work for you, and good luck, but it seems as if way to many people have had issues. Most interestingly: 68% of registered members from 2003 DID NOT register for 2004:sarc

Just a word to the wise, before anyone thinks this is too good to be true, just google this one ;)

~JOHN

Snipes
11-16-2004, 03:37 PM
Thanks for the support midnight. I do want to clear something up about those lawsuits though. I did look at those before getting in and found out what happened. Somebody was with Quixtar and also with something else like Mary Kay. He would approach houses and sell one idea and if they didn\'t like it he would pull out the other idea. That is illegal in North America and that is what the majority of the lawsuits are about. Personally I see this as playing the lottery. It\'s costs $167 to join and if it works great and if not then you are out some money. Not a lot of money in my mind though. Lastly I see the reason for people getting out or not renewing is because of the fact they had poor leadership that were not there for them but for themself. With the team i\'m on we promote growth across the board and don\'t leave anybody behind. I see it more gratifying if I can help somebody else become financially free more so then myself.