PDA

View Full Version : Tuning Question: Which MAP?

M3S_koop
05-19-2016, 07:39 PM
Hey everyone,

I have searched the threads as much as I can and haven't had any luck with my question. I have an HKS Racing Suction Intake System SRI, Turbosmart Compact Dual Port Blow Off Valve, and an Autotech HPFP and just picked up an AP 3 today. Im not sure which map I would need as the maps (and online) show that either a stock air intake or Cobb SF intake is required for stage 1, 1+ ect. Would I be safe running a "stage 1 (with SF intake)" with my HKS intake?

Thanks in advance,

Cjcoolen
05-19-2016, 08:17 PM
Hey everyone,

I have searched the threads as much as I can and haven't had any luck with my question. I have an HKS Racing Suction Intake System SRI, Turbosmart Compact Dual Port Blow Off Valve, and an Autotech HPFP and just picked up an AP 3 today. Im not sure which map I would need as the maps (and online) show that either a stock air intake or Cobb SF intake is required for stage 1, 1+ ect. Would I be safe running a "stage 1 (with SF intake)" with my HKS intake?

Thanks in advance,
You have a blow off valve. That requires tuning outside of the OTS maps thats available.

Contact Fobio for local tuning or contact an "online tuner" like freektune, stratified.

MikeTheCheek
05-19-2016, 08:50 PM
I would look for a map for the HKS intake. If you don't want to spend a lot of money then get an OTS+ map from someone like freektune or stratified

loki
05-19-2016, 08:59 PM
You have a blow off valve. That requires tuning outside of the OTS maps thats available.

Wrong

Cjcoolen
05-19-2016, 09:01 PM
Wrong
I will stand corrected then.

loki
05-19-2016, 09:02 PM
Cobb had standardized their off the shelf maps for their products which makes sense

Currently with just an intake your car is at what Cobb refers to as Stage 1

Select the Stage 1 intake that OtS map for the gas you use either 91, 93/94 and then from their you'll have to calibrate your MAF to better suit your hKS intake. A MAF calibration is good to do regardless even if you had the CObb intake

The AP user guide tells you how to do this

Cjcoolen
05-19-2016, 09:41 PM
Lol i just read more posts

MS3_
05-20-2016, 03:04 AM
get an OTS map from somewhere else, Cobb OTS maps arent the best unless you have cobb products. try freektune or stratified.

you can get away with stage1 SF for now and calibrate ur MAF as what loki said.

nigvlb_
05-20-2016, 05:23 AM
If you don't wanna run a preloaded basic ots map from cobb, you can contact freektune or stratified for around 70$(USD) map which is tailored towards your mods.

OR

do what loki said if you rather not spend that money right now.