PDA

View Full Version : E-Spec Special #2; KW17

ESpec
11-22-2004, 12:37 AM
Hi all, thanks for the overwhelming response from the club members on our first special. All 3 sets of KW19 were gone rather quick.

Second Hit: 3 set of 16 inch KW17 with Rav4 silver steelies special.
$780 tax in.. Dont wait anymore;

Thanks,

E-Spec.

Sammy
11-22-2004, 11:17 AM
Hey E-Spec,

I\'m interested. I\'ll give you a call to work out the details.

thanks,
Sammy

S.F.W.
11-22-2004, 02:00 PM
I would definately be interested. I want to get a set of winters this week. Let me know what you can do in terms of a special.

Thanks,
Ami

Coaster
11-22-2004, 05:34 PM
I\'m definitely interested

ESpec
11-23-2004, 01:12 AM
HI Guys and Girls;
I been reciveing many call for past weeks; hear alot of people looking for KW17; but as i told you all; the quota of KW17 205/55/16 that i had is already sold out to the club members in Oct. But as i know my other salesman he still had some; so if there is anyone want them i will try to ask him to sell it to you guys instand. that is the link of what he posted at RSX club
http://forums.clubrsx.com/showthread.php?t=204050&page=5&pp=25
I will talk to him tomorrow for a different price for you guys ;) since i said i will look after you all; right?? :D so i will he come up with something by tomorrow; alright?? so keep coming back for my update news~~
E-Spec

S.F.W.
11-23-2004, 01:42 PM
In the forum your other sales rep is asking $700 plus tax = $805 , your previous affiliation price was $670.00 taxes in. That\'s a 20% increase in price, too big a gap!
I really hope you can do something special...

RedRaptor
11-23-2004, 01:58 PM
Originally posted by S.F.W.
In the forum your other sales rep is asking $700 plus tax = $805 , your previous affiliation price was $670.00 taxes in. That\'s a 20% increase in price, too big a gap!

Dude...

Basic Economics101, the first year university course you should have taken. Its called the \"Supply & Demand\" model. To give you an update, there is a shortage of Kumho KW17 and KW19 tires. Its not just with Tires23 or E-Spec, its directly from Kumho Canada Inc.

The raising of prices is due to the fact that quantities are limited right now since everyone and their uncle is looking for a set of winter tires.

Next time, buy your winter tires in October and quit complaining about how economics of the world works.

MajesticBlueNTO
11-23-2004, 03:12 PM

my friend was complaining about buying winter tires in november and not being able to get his first choice. he was saying how the tire shop didn\'t have it and didn\'t know when they were gonna get it....but, think about this:

the tire shops get their tire from a distributor that has to cater to MANY tire shops/retailers. when the backlog in tires goes all the way up to the manufacturer, the distributor has to raise his prices and that is reflected by the retailer.

ever been to Steelcase Tire in mid to late november on a saturday morning? guaranteed 2-3 hour wait for winter tires to be installed...why? because everyone waits last minute.

cliff\'s notes: don\'t whine about yesterday\'s prices today. if you wanted yesterday\'s prices, shoulda bought yesterday :p

Sammy
11-23-2004, 03:39 PM
Man, we have a tough crowd here. E-Spec seems like a really nice guy, I\'m sure he\'ll work out a great deal for us \"slackers\". Economics 101 again, great service/prices = repeat customers (summer tires!). His first special last week was pretty good, I\'m sure he can do it again!

S.F.W.
11-23-2004, 03:50 PM
Fear not I do understand supply and demand... I don\'t need the Kumho tires, I would just prefer these tires. I have spoken with another dealer that my family has purchased several sets of tires from, he said he an get the tires and pretty close to E-spec\'s original price. I prefer to deal with E-Spec as everyone on this board has said good things about dealing with him.
There is a difference between supply and deamnd and gouging!

RedRaptor
11-23-2004, 04:01 PM
Both E-Spec and Tires23 have been very generous to TM3 in terms of customer service and pricing. You can\'t go wrong dealing with Ed or Martin. I think your tone was a little off. Ed and Martin don\'t owe us anything.

No one is \"gouging\" as you claim. Gouging is going to the dealership for winter tires. Raising the price because supply can\'t keep up with demand is a FACT of economics. Are you sure you know your stuff?:sarc

S.F.W.
11-23-2004, 04:21 PM
Very confident I know my stuff. I work in high end sales, dealing in terms of 30 million US a year. I deal with supply and demand every single day.

I understand supply and demand. I am not trying to slag either E-spec or Tires23. I am simply hoping the prices are competitive as I would like to give them my business.

majic
11-23-2004, 06:03 PM
agreeing with MBN and Red..

how about you SHOW us where you can get cheaper prices than what Ed or Martin can provide huh? if you can\'t and u complain you missed the boat then TOUGH!! deal with it.. i bought my tires and i DON\'T EVEN HAVE MY CAR YET..

we really couldn\'t care less if you worked for IBM, Mazda or GOD.. you claim to understand supply and deman, ok.. fair enough.. but you woke up a bit too late.. so quit whining and buy some tires whether from tires23 or e-spec or your PRIVATE CHEAP LOWEST PRICE SUPPLIER

oh and Red.. we took economics101 at UT? i really don\'t remmeber that.. heh.. stupid eng courses.. grr

Mayhem
11-23-2004, 06:20 PM
I don\'t think S.F.W is complaining about the prices or saying he can get Kumho tires CHEAPER than whtat Espec or Tires23 can get. He\'s just saying that he can probably find winters cheaper than $807 that are not the Kumho\'s. Supply and Demand dictate that when supply goes down prices go up, but it doesn\'t say that you have to buy the tires at those prices if a cheaper deal is available. SFW stated that he could find prices closer to the original deal elsewhere. It\'s basic market practice.....if Espec can get prices down to close to where they were in October, SFW will buy from him, if not, he\'ll buy from the other supplier who can give him those prices.

Just because Espec or tires23 have been nice to all of us in the past doesn\'t mean we should feel obligated to buy from them no matter the cost.

majic
11-23-2004, 06:27 PM

I don\'t need the Kumho tires, I would just prefer these tires. I have spoken with another dealer that my family has purchased several sets of tires from, he said he an get the tires and pretty close to E-spec\'s original price.

in here he\'s not really discussing ANY OTHER specific brand.. and from the sentence and thought flow, one can infer that the tires his dealer can get for \"pretty close to e-spec\'s orignal price\" are indeed kumhos..

but back to the topic.. what\'s the deal of the day Ed? :D

majic
11-23-2004, 06:31 PM
Originally posted by Mayhem
Just because Espec or tires23 have been nice to all of us in the past doesn\'t mean we should feel obligated to buy from them no matter the cost.

no.. you\'re completely right.. BUT if you have person A selling for 100 and person B selling for 110 and person A is an ass-monkey and person B will give you a chocolate bar with the purchase, it really is up to you. if you need support i\'d go with person B if not get it from A and save 10 bux..

I prefer to deal with E-Spec as everyone on this board has said good things about dealing with him.

but as SFW said.. he would prefer to get it from e-spec if price is right.. and he does have the power of choice as he is the customer. i chose espec b/c of price AND proximity to my house.. whereas tires23 is a bit farther away from me..

Mayhem
11-23-2004, 06:34 PM
well said :)

majic
11-23-2004, 06:40 PM
*group hug* :D

ladies pls join us :)

fuey
11-23-2004, 08:12 PM
thats the thing with posting whether be it email or forum. a msg can be enterpreted wrongly. i didn\'t think s.f.w. was complaining at all, he was just hoping to get a good deal from espec. redraptor and MajesticBlueN msg were very verbal toward s.f.w.
group hugs sounds good on this.

MajesticBlueNTO
11-23-2004, 08:21 PM
Originally posted by fuey

thats the thing with posting whether be it email or forum. a msg can be enterpreted wrongly. i didn\'t think s.f.w. was complaining at all, he was just hoping to get a good deal from espec. redraptor and MajesticBlueN msg were very verbal toward s.f.w.
group hugs sounds good on this.

just telling it like it is.

S.F.W. expressed that the current selling price is \"too big a gap\" from the original posted price. there\'s a reason why there\'s an increase in price and I stated such.

RedRaptor
11-23-2004, 08:29 PM
Originally posted by MajesticBlueN
just telling it like it is.

Werd...

Thats all I do here on TM3 for those who know me.

How are we \"very verbal\" when a guy that does 30 million USD in transactions can\'t figure out why the there is \"too big a gap\"?

billyfo
11-23-2004, 08:32 PM
pricing for a product, not only consider supply and demand, but also the ability to argue the cost from the manufacturer, in this case Kumho. if you, the seller, can order a lot for the inventory, you can get a cheaper price then you can sell at cheaper price. Econ 201??:D

and correct me if I am wrong, tires\' raw material is cruel oil, and with the price of oil going up, related product and business have to increase price.

I personal deal with Ed for only the steel rims, but he still able to help me and get a reasonable price for the steelies.

fuey
11-23-2004, 08:42 PM
we should bring back that green sign thingy where the topic discuss is going in a straight line and then another line showing we r going off course.
i guess we will see what ed can muster up for the e-specal special #2 (hopefully it comes with fries this time!)

bluntman
11-23-2004, 09:06 PM
You mean this?

http://ca.geocities.com/alegardo@rogers.com/offtopic.gif

ESpec
11-24-2004, 03:10 AM
Hi All~~
So happy to see so many of you supporting E-Spec too~~ :D The price will be 100% different then what he post on RSX club; but it wont able to be same as the one i give to you guys before~~ coz they really expensive these day~~ even the steelie~~:sarc

I am so agree that we should getting the winter tires in OCT; it so so much different after Oct; and also right now so many many tires is beening back order or done for the season already~~ But E-Spec will never let you guys down~~ let us know what you need and we will find it for you~~~ alright? ;)

Come back tomorrow again~~ SPECIAL PRICE will be HERE~~
KW17 with Rav4 Steelie (205/55/16)~~!!

Dont miss it~~

E-Spec

Illmatic
11-24-2004, 03:57 PM
Ordered my KW 19\'s from E-Spec and just waiting for delivery! Now I\'m freaked out because the forecast is expecting snow for this week!

Better get those winter blades and make sure CAA is paid up...

Dr Butcher
11-24-2004, 08:29 PM
Originally posted by Illmatic

Ordered my KW 19\'s from E-Spec and just waiting for delivery! Now I\'m freaked out because the forecast is expecting snow for this week!

Better get those winter blades and make sure CAA is paid up...

All those guys who wondered why I put my tires on so early in Novemeber and sat on ordering theirs..... How ya like me now! :p

P.S. Buy your tires wherever and whenever you want. But don\'t complain when they go up in price closer to the first snowfall. It\'s always like this, when I called Steelcase at the end of October they had already told me winter tires were selling quickly.

ESpec
11-24-2004, 11:47 PM
Hi Everyone~

KW17 205/55/16 with Rav4 Steelie; the total will be 780 tax in.
Only 3 Sets for NOW so please dont wait~~ Last Chance~~

Same as before; first reply in here first serve; so post a msg right away;
dont wait too long~~

Thank you
E-Spec

Melenium
11-25-2004, 12:31 AM
I\'m definately interested in a set, but I\'ve got a few concerns-- if you can address them adequately, I\'ll take a set:

1. Do these have new valve stems installed?
2. Are the wheels Lagcentric (does it center itself properly if the bolts are tightened correctly)?
3. If there is a vibration and I retighten the nuts, what else can be done (if there is a problem that is)?
4. I heard that these wheels stick out a bit from the body-- first, how much do they stick out, and second, does it increase the chance of getting a stone chip?

Thanks and I hope I\'m not being too much of a pain asking these questions ;)

Melenium
11-25-2004, 12:44 AM
Oop, forgot to ask what the actual offset of the rims actually are! Thanks :)

S.F.W.
11-25-2004, 12:57 AM
Interested but a question...
how much are the The Hankook W300 with same package?

Sammy
11-25-2004, 09:51 AM
$780 is a great price considering the time of year. I\'ll probablly go with the kw17 or Conti Viking Snowtech. If anybody has any experience with the Viking Snowtech\'s, please let me know! They are quite a bit cheaper than the kw17\'s.

Coaster
11-25-2004, 11:44 AM
Please reserve a set for me. I take it that these are ready to install?

Sammy
12-03-2004, 10:21 AM
I\'ve made my final decision, the KW17 special. Hopefully I can get them put on this weekend. Thanks ED!