PDA

View Full Version : MOM2005 (Prelim. Discuss)

Xenon
11-25-2004, 05:30 PM
Hi everyone... I know it\'s a LOOOOONNNNNNGGGGG Time from now, but I would like to get some ideas for MOM 2K5. we have been asked to plan this, and believe me, something like this will take a LOOOOOOOONNNNNNNNNNNNGGGGG time to plan.

We willl be able to make use of our time during the winter seasons to get everything started.

A few things I was thinking....

- Let\'s have MOM somewhere more central to everyone... not Hamilton... Perhaps Downsview Park?
- We can make use of our affilitations to ask for sponsorship? This includes FX Auto, Both Mazda Affiliation Dealers (Westowne and Avante).
- Photoshop experts!!!!! I wouldn\'t mind some sort of flyer or card (like the ones nightclubs give out) to help for advertisements. Feel free to collect Pictures from members to assemble a collage or something.
-WHEN should we have it? It seemed pretty good last time in August... you think we should do it again at that time? or earlier?
-Last time they had mini grab bags for everyone who came... we have to organize something similar.

I\'m sure there\'s more. But I thought I\'d start off with that. Feel free to post opinions, comments, suggestions, whatever. Let\'s make this Meet of the Mazdas the most sucessful ever.

teambedlam
11-25-2004, 08:06 PM
Count me in on the planning.

Downsview would be a good location. Lots of space for all the cars. We wouldn\'t have to worry about anyone ripping up the grass when they pull out. Not much shade if it\'s a hot day. I\'ll check who we need to call for it\'s use.

I\'ll think of a few other locations just in case.

Neo
11-25-2004, 08:06 PM
I like the part about moving it closer to T.O. It\'s nice to go to a conservation area, but Hamilton is not all that great.

I like Downsview, and they have a hanger avaliable for things to be held in... plus we can set up a small autocourse in front of the hanger... the possibilities are endless...

All you have to do is make sure Downsview Park won\'t mind us taking over for a bit...

And I say this now, if the weather isn\'t that great, I\'ll appear in the 3... otherwise I\'ll be arriving in my FD... ;)

Lates,

S.F.W.
11-25-2004, 10:55 PM
Downsview Park would work. Another idea, Markham fair grounds...I know of a lot of events that are held at that location.
As for Time, end of July is good...

Neo
11-25-2004, 11:18 PM
No! Not the Markham Fairgrounds... There\'s way too much dirt! I can\'t stand the dirt... Grass is fine.. but the dirt is a no no... Not to mention the affiliation to DarkKnights... No offense, but I\'m not into the whole \"ricer\" scene... Just being close to that spot makes me cringe... lol :p

Downsview is a better location... It\'s all paved and there are sections of grass... We can always occupy one of their run ways... ;)

midnightfxgt
11-26-2004, 10:15 AM
I am all over this. :) My buddy help runs and manages Karbelt in Pickering. For those who dont know Karbelt is HUGE! They distribute to most performance shops and can get ANYTHING! Holley, Edelbrock, NOS filling station, Autometer, PIAA, etc..... anything from Ractive to Paxton! I will stop by this weekend and talk to the boys, and the owner, and see what I can get for us. Gift certificates, promotional deals, maybe Steve can hook us up with some literature etc from different manufacturers :)

I will post my results :)

~JOHN

super_vixen
11-26-2004, 11:13 AM
Being a graphic designer and photographer, I can help you out in any way you need me, Lawrence. I don\'t mind comping up some flyer ideas...

just let me know :)

Xenon
11-26-2004, 06:40 PM
Thank you all for your positive response!!!

I think perhaps in the winter the planning comittee (ie the people who what to help out) can meet up or something. Once again too soon to tell, but thank you all for your offers I\'ll keep them in mind!

teambedlam: Thanks! Let me know what you find out in regards to booking Downsview. We seem to have a lot of people liking that idea. If possible, also find out how far in advance we will need to book. I\'m assuming a few months.

midnightfxgt: I got your PM, and I have replied. Let me know how you make out with the sponsors. We will need as many as possible. I will contact our Affiliates when I get a chance.

super_vixen: I\'ll try to gather some photos together or something. The only cathc is we\'re going to have to go on other Mazda Car Club sites and grab pictures. After all, this is meet of the Mazdas and not Meet of the Mazda3s. Oh, and have you seen that ad for Mazda that has the entire mazda lineup driving in formation in the desert? See if you can get a digital copy of that photo. It might be useful.

Saphress
11-29-2004, 11:59 AM
If you guys need extra help or anything... I think I can help out.... Can do lotsa work during the day time :D.... (I don\'t work till 4pm now)... Yeah yeah be quiet all of y\'all. As for helping out.... work experience ...

1) along with Vix, graphic design... (flyers... blah blah )
2) Multimedia design... (pretty flash promos? )
3) Used to do quite a bit of event planning back in the day
4) Promotional Products; or shall I say Trinkets and TRASH... or ideas for giveaways (if we can afford these things? ).... with MOM \'05... and sponsorships on em...

Anyway... Definately interested in helping... ( I gotta work somethin during the day to keep me runnin!)

bubba1983
11-29-2004, 02:14 PM
i can talk to keiswetter mazda again this year again if u want for a dealer sponsership liek they did for MOM 2004...how they donated the bug deflector and cargo tray thing....i bought my car at keiswetter....they even send down an rx8 for MOM 2004

Xenon
11-30-2004, 04:24 PM
Originally posted by bubba1983

i can talk to keiswetter mazda again this year again if u want for a dealer sponsership liek they did for MOM 2004...how they donated the bug deflector and cargo tray thing....i bought my car at keiswetter....they even send down an rx8 for MOM 2004

That would be great.

To Bubba and all those who are looking for sponsors:

Please look but do not contact them yet . We need to assemble a plan first. we probably will not officially ask for sponsorship until at least the new year.

bubba1983
12-01-2004, 05:07 AM
its all good....im new to this sort of thing, never asked for a sponshorship or whatever its called....so im jus waiting till everything is written in stone...

teambedlam
12-01-2004, 06:06 PM
Xenon, I have a suggestion from my years of event planning.

I think we should form a MOM planning comittiee. This will allow for things to be planned with much needed co-ordination and avoid missing anything. Each position would then appoint aditional people to help that report to them.

Suggested positions are as follows:

MOM Chairperson
Operations & Logistics
Awards & Sponsorship
Advertising & Public Relations
Registration

I nominate myself for the Operations and Logistics position.

What do you think?

Xenon
12-01-2004, 07:22 PM
I was already in the midst of planning such a comittee... however I was not going to announce it so soon :p

Having a comittee is a great idea, however, i would like to modify it in such a way that although there are members of the comittee, no non-member will be left out of the planning process.

MOM2005 Comittee will be created in the new year. We will hold votes/nominations for comittee members in the middle of December.

bubba1983
12-01-2004, 08:32 PM
make sure kdawg is in on it...lol

teambedlam
12-01-2004, 09:43 PM
i agree that everyone should get a part in planning. . I await till Xenon to open nominations then :)

mEtH
12-01-2004, 11:10 PM
I don\'t mind helping out with any design work needed.

zRqTz
12-11-2004, 12:31 AM
Just wondering if there are any updates on this...

Xenon
12-30-2004, 10:41 PM
Nothing new... yet. In the new year, we\'ll get this comittee up and running. I\'m still trying to figure out the best way to form it. I would like member\'s full say in it, but I would also like people who have had experience in doing similar planning.

This will all be discussed in the new year.

car_demon
02-05-2005, 02:16 AM
I\'ll be the fight promoter as I will carry the wrestling canvas and the Octagon fence cage for the UFC match-ups. I still have my replica Wrestling Belts in my attic.

Xenon
04-17-2005, 10:40 PM
Any discussion/questions about MOM can be asked in the stickied MOM2005 Discussion Thread.