PDA

View Full Version : Is the TWM Shortshifter self installable?

s_h_a_o_l_i_n
11-25-2004, 11:50 PM
I\'m planning to get the twm ss, just wondering wether I should let them install it for me.
I\'ll prolly get it from this shop on west beaver creek, they sell it for $2xx I dun really remember. Does anyone know a better/cheaper place to get it?

majic
11-26-2004, 12:15 AM
Originally posted by s_h_a_o_l_i_n

I\'m planning to get the twm ss, just wondering wether I should let them install it for me.
I\'ll prolly get it from this shop on west beaver creek, they sell it for $2xx I dun really remember. Does anyone know a better/cheaper place to get it?

well if i know a place that sells it for 250.. i still can\'t tell u if it\'s cheaper as you might pay 200 or 299 at the beaver creek place..

if u go to twm\'s site, they include a manual on how to install it.. it\'s a DYI job and since u\'r so good with the ETB mod :D u might be able to do it with some patience.. aaah here.. attached is the guide (rename from txt to pdf).. aww shit.. too big.. won\'t attach..

http://twmperformance.com/shortshifters/mazdashifters.htm

maybe you can find it somewhere there? i think i may have pulled from some other forum.. pm me with e-mail addy and i\'ll send u the manual..

EDIT: a little searching revealed this
http://www.msprotege.com/vbb230/showthread.php?t=88817&highlight=twm
and from there u get a link to ppl talking on M3F and the pdf file i was talking about.. HTH

s_h_a_o_l_i_n
11-28-2004, 03:48 AM
Thanks Majic. I\'m aware of the installation guide from twm\'s site, but I was just seeing if i could judge from other ppl\'s personal experiences whether I\'d be able to do it by myself. Oh u can get it for $250? is that tax in or + tax? I better start checking at the west beaver place too eh?

lukel90
01-06-2005, 05:28 PM
I have the TWM shortshifter and the install is a breeze. it took me like 20 minutes to install. The only thing is there is this one clip that is a bitch to get back on. if you can change a flat tire, you can do this install:)

mEtH
01-06-2005, 10:06 PM
Only tough part is that spring. If you can use a screw driver and lube ;) you can do the install.

:p

bluntman
01-06-2005, 10:27 PM
Originally posted by methodyst

If you can use a screw driver and lube ;) you can do the install.

:p

You\'re still talking about the shifter installation right? I swear she said it would be OK...

swales
01-07-2005, 07:43 AM
$250 seems a bit high, I got mine for $180 taxes in but that was in Montreal.