PDA

View Full Version : suggest best fuel injector cleaner? is Royal Purple Max good? anyone tried it?

justmazduh
01-08-2017, 11:28 PM
have a 2011 mazda 3 2.0. suggest best fuel injector cleaner? is Royal Purple Max good? anyone tried it?

G ~ MINI
02-04-2019, 11:23 AM
I have been using https://www.canadiantire.ca/en/pdp/lucas-fuel-treatment-with-upper-cylinder-lubricant-injector-cleaner-946-ml-0380119p.html
Continuously since i had the injector and fuel system flush at 100k ... My injectors where almost clogged. Aigncourt Mazda had two theorys on this
and both involve ethanol in the gas. First, my sat on the lot for almost a year with 20 kms only and ethanol broke down to a gunk and destabilizes
after a long period. 2nd, cheap fuel 87ron. Personally i think it sitting too long without use was the problem.

BottomLine.... I use no fuel with ethanol ... All 91 ron (Shell, Esso, Petro , Gulf) in the GTA is pure gas. Actually only two facilities supply all gas in
Ontario Shell & Petro Refinery for all ontario stations. 2nd..I always add some Lucas fuel injector cleaner with every tank or every other tank.

If you want to run a higher grade than 91 then add a octane boost or concentrate.