PDA

View Full Version : Eibach prokits or sportline?

ZimZamTheFlimFlam
02-08-2017, 11:49 PM
I have a first gen sedan currently on OEM 16" rims not lowered yet but my summer rims are rx8 rims with 215/45/18 tires. will I rub on eibach sportlines? The pro kits don't have as much as a drastic drop but will I still rub while taking tight turns or going over bumps on pro kits? I just don't want to look like a monster truck but I also don't wanna rub my tires/:

Sent from my ONE A2005 using Tapatalk

Flagrum_3
02-09-2017, 02:25 AM
I have a first gen sedan currently on OEM 16" rims not lowered yet but my summer rims are rx8 rims with 215/45/18 tires. will I rub on eibach sportlines? The pro kits don't have as much as a drastic drop but will I still rub while taking tight turns or going over bumps on pro kits? I just don't want to look like a monster truck but I also don't wanna rub my tires/:

Sent from my ONE A2005 using Tapatalk

Stick with the Pro-kits, I've run them forever. You'll have zero issues with rubbing with your choice of rubber and once settled, you'll have less then a thumb width gap between tire and fender.

_3

morganc
02-09-2017, 11:01 AM
I have prokits on a gen 2. The 2 issues I have is that on hard R/L turns (full lock) I get a tiny bit of rubbing on the fender liners (not the end of the world, it's just plastic). Additionally, the springs are a little too soft for their drop IMO. They will bottom out and make you crap your pants if you take huge bumps too hard. You'll have to modify your driving a bit, but all in all, they glue the car to the road and improve its handling.

Default User
02-09-2017, 11:09 AM
I have prokits on a gen 2. The 2 issues I have is that on hard R/L turns (full lock) I get a tiny bit of rubbing on the fender liners (not the end of the world, it's just plastic). Additionally, the springs are a little too soft for their drop IMO. They will bottom out and make you crap your pants if you take huge bumps too hard. You'll have to modify your driving a bit, but all in all, they glue the car to the road and improve its handling.

Are you on stock dampers?
I've never heard of Bottoming out on ProKits

And for the rubbing issues - again - never heard of unless you're using aggressive rims/tires.

Both concerns will be worse with Sportlines.

JrCanuck
02-09-2017, 05:27 PM
I have prokits for sale on koni yellows. Adjust your dampening [emoji57]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dubcee
02-09-2017, 08:54 PM
Pro kits unless you want to destroy any semblance of comfort

Dave_The_BMXER
02-09-2017, 09:01 PM
I had sport lines practically eons ago but didn't mind them, however they did start to sag in the rear slightly.

morganc
02-10-2017, 05:56 PM
I'm on koni's yellows all around. Damping is up to 2/3 turns. I run 225/40/18 in the summer and I'm on 205/60/16 in the winter (which is a little oversize, I know :) )

Are you on stock dampers?
I've never heard of Bottoming out on ProKits

And for the rubbing issues - again - never heard of unless you're using aggressive rims/tires.

Both concerns will be worse with Sportlines.