PDA

View Full Version : speaker brands

MazdaTree
12-01-2004, 11:11 PM
is MA audio a good name?
what brands does it compare to?

majic
12-01-2004, 11:15 PM
i\'ve never heard of them.. you\'re better off asking more specific questions especially wrt a certain model.. ie. is AMD any good? well K6-II and FX series differ quite a bit ;)

Dr Butcher
12-02-2004, 12:30 AM
I\'ve become sort of partial to Kaption products recently, from what I\'ve heard out of them they sound great. Their high definition coaxials are reasonable and have decent sound. Their multi point components are amazing but are pretty expensive. I\'m looking at getting into a set of their 6.5\" high definition components for the front, 5x7 high definition coaxials for the back, and a two 10\" sub enclosure in the trunk.

Best of all they\'re a Canadian product based in Concord I believe. My brother\'s talked to one of the engineers who designed the speakers when he had questions on a couple of occasions. Can\'t beat that for customer support! :)

http://www.kaptionaudio.com/

Their older site with product specs: http://www.kaptionaudio.com/kaption.html

Xenon
12-02-2004, 01:17 AM
I plan on getting Orions when I get my system. I just went around to different car places, and heard all the stereos... Orions sounded the clearest.

majic
12-02-2004, 11:03 AM
with proper wiring and cutting off the low frequencies and redirecting them to an amped sub, even the STOCK system will sound clear and \'proper\'. and this would be the cheapest way to go which is what i plan on doing later on :D

kyfe
12-02-2004, 11:07 AM
- I have 1 10inch elemental designs A series, these are similar to the Adire Brahma\'s
I run it off a Fosgate Punch Amp (600 watts)

the sub will run you around $500 and the amp about $2-300

My amp does not have enough power to drive the sub, eventually I\'ll run a LOC or install a deck. Right now the install doesn\'t do the sub justice since it\'s piggy backing off the rear passenger speaker.

Alot of people recommend CDT for components, they\'re cheap and pretty good, although I have no experience with them.

I use Boston Acoustics for my high\'s eventually I will switch them to my mazda 3

Kickers are nice
kaption are alright
Alpines are nice
JL audio are sweet
Adires are nice
Orions are sweet

it really depends on how much you\'re looking to spend, different pricepoints will determine different responses.

this is my sub here
http://www.genuinecanadianaudio.com/catalog/images/eD/e8A_44.jpg

K Dawg ONE
12-02-2004, 02:46 PM
M/A is an excellant brand...I sell TONNES of it and highly recomend it to anyone looking for some serious quality sound. Most of the guys on my Team run M/A

As far as Kaption, thats what I run!

kyfe
12-02-2004, 03:18 PM
K Dawg ONE

What is the best way in terms of sound quality to run an amp off the stock deck?

use a LOC? or is there another way.

Any suggestions would be appreciated

Kyfe

billyfo
12-02-2004, 05:55 PM
how about Roger brand from UK, when I read a HK car mag ads.

ZOOM ON 3
12-02-2004, 08:30 PM
I went with Kaption 5.25\" component multipoints and they sound amazing. I was suprised but when I heard them in the store I had to get them. I listened to some Boston Acoustics mid-range components that were comparable in price with Kaptions\' multipoints and they didn\'t sound as good. With the Bostons you have to go to the pro series or Z series for great sound.

MA Audio is comparable to some lower end Kenwood or Lightning Audio, there are not that great.

bubba1983
12-03-2004, 02:29 PM
im a pioneer fan..dont\' care what erbody else say...its just what i like...

midnightfxgt
12-03-2004, 06:31 PM
Bubba - Pioneer is ok. I like Phoenix gold and Eclipse for subs. I have had Eclipse subs a few times now, and WOW, they are great, but pricey.

I bought my PG stuff from Tim at Underground Highway, and prices were great

~JOHN

K Dawg ONE
12-09-2004, 06:34 PM
Originally posted by midnightfxgt
I bought my PG stuff from Tim at Underground Highway, and prices were great

:D