PDA

View Full Version : Gen 3 Brakes + Rotors

lazycro
07-11-2017, 12:14 PM
What has everyone done in replacing theirs?

I'm debating just doing it myself but being as I will just be learning to do my own brakes trying to decide between OEM or what else to get for parts to do myself

CopperRouGe
07-11-2017, 01:34 PM
I just replaced the rear rotors and pads on mine with OE parts from the dealer. Did it myself...pretty easy to do.

lazycro
07-12-2017, 08:42 AM
I just replaced the rear rotors and pads on mine with OE parts from the dealer. Did it myself...pretty easy to do.

Yea but OEM from dealer is so pricey :\

drazen
07-12-2017, 11:27 AM
My mother-in law has a 2015 gx, will 2014 brake pads and rotors fit? I have a feeling they do, just thought I ask first before buying

Thanks

CopperRouGe
07-18-2017, 01:31 PM

OEM is a bit more, but they last a lot longer than most aftermarket stuff

TheMAN
07-19-2017, 12:08 AM
My mother-in law has a 2015 gx, will 2014 brake pads and rotors fit? I have a feeling they do, just thought I ask first before buying

Thanks

Yes, same stuff

sarujo
07-20-2017, 05:37 PM

Thanks

2 yr old car needing brakes already?? Wowser. Sounds like MIL needs to take her foot off the brake pedal. :D

drazen
07-21-2017, 12:15 PM
2 yr old car needing brakes already?? Wowser. Sounds like MIL needs to take her foot off the brake pedal. :D

LOL!! her brakes rotors had cracks from the factory lol

CopperRouGe
07-21-2017, 01:58 PM
My rear pads were done at 70K! Sux

sarujo
07-23-2017, 10:28 PM
My rear pads were done at 70K! Sux

Terrible. Were you tracking the car? ;)

I'm at 156,000km on my 2010 and still on original factory rears with tons of life still to go!

Only the fronts I replaced around 135k and I could have taken them another 10k easy.

Beginning to wonder about the quality of the Mexican built Gen 3's now...

lazycro
07-24-2017, 11:26 AM
Mine were getting the squeaks from the warning bar on them, so I've now switched them all out (pads, rotors were still good) at 90k now.

My 3 is actually from Japan.

drazen
07-31-2017, 10:36 AM
Just brought my gen3 for annual maintenance (westowne) and they said my rear right rotor has crack and pads needs to be replaced.. at 40k..

Ya, the mother in law had a similar problem (but we just saw it outside the driveway and not told by the dealers). She bought the car to Jimmy and he said that everything was fine

outofreach
07-31-2017, 01:33 PM

Do you know how much are they?

CopperRouGe
08-01-2017, 01:27 PM
Mine came to $260 after tax

Reddie1337
08-01-2017, 09:56 PM
I have been searching for an aftermarket supplier of these rotors and pads, and honestly it's been nothing but a headache! The cars being Japan or Mexico built means the pads are different, and calipers and such. It's honestly just easier to go to the dealer and get the parts. Use the VIN # and save yourself some time hunting.

Just to be clear, I work at a shop, and we do a LOT of 3rd gen mazda 3's, and I have had so many problems with my suppliers trying to get me the right rotors, or the right pads, and the dealer has just saved time, even if they are a little extra money.

natspriceless
08-02-2017, 10:44 AM
I have been searching for an aftermarket supplier of these rotors and pads, and honestly it's been nothing but a headache! The cars being Japan or Mexico built means the pads are different, and calipers and such. It's honestly just easier to go to the dealer and get the parts. Use the VIN # and save yourself some time hunting.

Just to be clear, I work at a shop, and we do a LOT of 3rd gen mazda 3's, and I have had so many problems with my suppliers trying to get me the right rotors, or the right pads, and the dealer has just saved time, even if they are a little extra money.

The struggle is real. The situation with 3rd gen calipers for Mexico built cars got so bad that head office had to do an internal search and found that there was a dealership hoarding the parts.

super
11-16-2017, 04:00 PM

me too..I have a 2014 Japan built GT and it seems like i can't find rotors on rockauto and other sites for my car especially the front and the pads even i'm not 100% about.

how much are the rotors and pads from dealer?

I found these pads which I think should work

https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B000CQTKGM/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?smid=A3DWYIK6Y9EEQB&psc=1
https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B0181HNMYE/ref=ox_sc_act_title_2?smid=A3DWYIK6Y9EEQB&psc=1

rotors - only seem to be able to find rear ones that work?

https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B01HEKCSQC/ref=ox_sc_sfl_title_1?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=A3DWYIK6Y9EEQB

RustyMZ3
11-21-2017, 10:50 AM
me too..I have a 2014 Japan built GT and it seems like i can't find rotors on rockauto and other sites for my car especially the front and the pads even i'm not 100% about.

how much are the rotors and pads from dealer?

I found these pads which I think should work

https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B000CQTKGM/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?smid=A3DWYIK6Y9EEQB&psc=1
https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B0181HNMYE/ref=ox_sc_act_title_2?smid=A3DWYIK6Y9EEQB&psc=1

rotors - only seem to be able to find rear ones that work?

https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B01HEKCSQC/ref=ox_sc_sfl_title_1?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=A3DWYIK6Y9EEQB

Have you tried NAPA?

daddyRuss
12-12-2017, 11:34 PM
Anybody know a better deal than this for OEM fronts?

https://mazdashop.ca/collections/2014-2017-mazda-3-parts/products/front-brake-package-mazda-3-mazda-3-sport-2014-2015-2016-2017-2018?variant=3659321802781

muchikori
12-13-2017, 10:25 AM
natspriceless Reddie1337

OH MAN. I'm having such a hard time looking for aftermarket Rotors and pads. I would reaally like to get slotted (or drilled & slotted) for this car

Flagrum_3
12-13-2017, 10:54 AM
natspriceless Reddie1337

OH MAN. I'm having such a hard time looking for aftermarket Rotors and pads. I would reaally like to get slotted (or drilled & slotted) for this car

Just out of curiosity I called a buddy that works at Canadian Tire parts. CT carries several brands including Brembo brakes for most makes and models including the Mazda3. Well according to him, it shows they carry them for the 2015 generation and they can be ordered. Unfortunately no one has stock at the moment in all the GTA...weird! You can order but will not be given a estimated date of delivery.

_3

muchikori
12-13-2017, 12:12 PM
Just out of curiosity I called a buddy that works at Canadian Tire parts. CT carries several brands including Brembo brakes for most makes and models including the Mazda3. Well according to him, it shows they carry them for the 2015 generation and they can be ordered. Unfortunately no one has stock at the moment in all the GTA...weird! You can order but will not be given a estimated date of delivery.

_3

That’s weird... so its more of a pre-order?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

S.F.W.
12-13-2017, 04:06 PM
@natspriceless (http://www.torontomazda3.ca/forum/member.php?u=23748) @Reddie1337 (http://www.torontomazda3.ca/forum/member.php?u=17664)

I did some looking around as well, really interesting nobody seems to have anything. Maxbrakes - nope, RockAuto - nope .
By the way, don't get drilled & slotted, just get blanks. Drilled/slotted is likely to warp faster, and only really useful if you are tracking very regularly.

muchikori
12-14-2017, 03:42 PM
I did some looking around as well, really interesting nobody seems to have anything. Maxbrakes - nope, RockAuto - nope .
By the way, don't get drilled & slotted, just get blanks. Drilled/slotted is likely to warp faster, and only really useful if you are tracking very regularly.

So it's better to have just a smooth one right? Okay will make note of that.. thanks

SilentGears
12-15-2017, 10:45 AM
What has everyone done in replacing theirs?

I'm debating just doing it myself but being as I will just be learning to do my own brakes trying to decide between OEM or what else to get for parts to do myself

Don’t know if anyone mentioned it but take note on all the socket sizes you need before you start, the axle nut that needs to be removed is a 31mm socket and that axle nut can be a huge c**t to get off.

SilentGears
12-16-2017, 01:06 PM
Also I just got a brake kit from this site, shipped fast for coming from the states.

https://www.carid.com/2015-mazda-3-brakes/?filter=1&sub-model[ourSubModelName][]=GS

TheMAN
12-20-2017, 02:15 AM
Don’t know if anyone mentioned it but take note on all the socket sizes you need before you start, the axle nut that needs to be removed is a 31mm socket and that axle nut can be a huge c**t to get off.

the axle nut doesn't need to be removed to take off the brakes... what are you talking about?!

muchikori
12-21-2017, 10:50 AM
Also I just got a brake kit from this site, shipped fast for coming from the states.

https://www.carid.com/2015-mazda-3-brakes/?filter=1&sub-model[ourSubModelName][]=GS

I'm never ever gonna buy from them again. If you have an issue with an item you bought from them, they'll make you wait months, and will piss you off by transferring you to different "Customer Service" representatives where they'll be asking the same exact questions that the other representatives have already asked.

Just hope that you wont have issues with what you've purchased.

2012Sky
02-28-2018, 09:00 AM
I was looking for a bit of time and here's what I found.

CarQuest has a decent set of OEM replacements approx $540 taxes in

Tony from 401 Dixie, direct OEM replacements $490 taxes in (with TM3's discount) What I did notice though, the front pads=Japan :D , the Rears=China. :(

Only thing is, because in the past Ford and Mazda were in bed together all the parts are labeled with FoMoCo.

Not sure if you take the item No. and see if you can get a better deal at your local Ford dealer?

7S POWER
03-01-2018, 10:59 AM

OEM is a bit more, but they last a lot longer than most aftermarket stuff

Parts that you buy from the Mazda dealers are OE parts, not OEM. OEM parts are Ate, Akebono, Bosch, Brembo, Denso, Hengst, Hitachi, Mann, NGK etc.
Only OE parts are installed in the car production line. OE parts are designed and mfred by the OEM Co.

CT, NAPA etc. sell both AM-After Market and OEM, but not OE parts.

7S POWER

SilentGears
03-01-2018, 12:24 PM
the axle nut doesn't need to be removed to take off the brakes... what are you talking about?!

Yea I realized that after, I hit the brakes to get them off with a rubber mallet and they didn’t budge so I though that they were held on with the nut but turns out i just had to give it another few smacks lol.

SilentGears
03-01-2018, 12:31 PM
I'm never ever gonna buy from them again. If you have an issue with an item you bought from them, they'll make you wait months, and will piss you off by transferring you to different "Customer Service" representatives where they'll be asking the same exact questions that the other representatives have already asked.

Just hope that you wont have issues with what you've purchased.

I haven’t had any problems yet with them :/ I’ve got an ac condenser/ new rad and an HID kit along with my brakes. I’ve never had to return anything but all refunds during the shipping process were handled good.

drazen
04-01-2018, 10:14 PM
Hi,

Not sure if this has been asked, but can I use a 2014 mazda 3 gs brake pad for 2015 mazda 3 gs?

Thanks!