PDA

View Full Version : Tinting Suggestions

akz
12-07-2004, 11:12 PM
Hey ... any of you guys know any quality window tinter\'s in the GTA area which come to your house and install the window tints ? Nice price and are trustable.. or should I not do window tinting in the winter? cuz Id have to not open the window for about a week ... should I tint now or wait later?

majic
12-07-2004, 11:15 PM
you mean install your CAR tints at your house or do house window tinting???

FX AUTO does the latter for sure.. but i HIGHLY doubt ayone will come to your house to do your car..

akz
12-07-2004, 11:35 PM
there is .. my dad got his car done they came to my house to do it .. for 150 fully tinted but Ive heard that there are cheaper. Wondering if any of you guys knew of any..

majic
12-07-2004, 11:45 PM
ok so maybe there is.. but just see what ppl say about FX AUTO here on this board.. i drove from Oakville to Markham to get th etints done.. and i am totally happy with them now

///M
12-07-2004, 11:46 PM
Yup FX auto is great! My tint was flawless.

akz
12-08-2004, 12:01 AM
how much are the prices of FX Auto ? did you have to not unroll them for a week etc?? or they ready to go in an hour ?

majic
12-08-2004, 12:03 AM
not sure what our prices are for tints.. but i paid $380 tax in for tints and bra..

and you have to wait 3-5 days b4 u roll down..

akz
12-08-2004, 12:13 AM
icic thxx :) So should I do it during the winter or after the winter in the fall?

chaser
12-08-2004, 12:47 AM
What\'s your concern about doing tint in winter?
I think professional shops such as FX Auto do a quailty job all year round ;) . Go go FX and mention you\'re member of TM3, Wayne should quote u a good price ($225 ~ 250 tax incl.) for any kind of film.
How long you need to keep the windows up depends on the weather. Hot/sunny/dry days = less time to keep the windows up.

akz
12-08-2004, 12:51 AM
i duno.. cuz I can get em done for 150 and there really great and come to my house :)

chaser
12-08-2004, 01:14 AM
I tried some mobile installer long time ago and the quality was so-so. If the guy you know does a good job and will last for the time you\'ll keep your car, that\'s good! But now, I doubt they\'ll do the tint in winter times. :p

mEtH
12-08-2004, 01:20 AM
The only thing bad with someone coming to your house to do the tints is how much work space they have to work with. Alot of tinters, (atleast the ones I know) like to have a pane of glass attached to a wall there they can leave pieces that they cut up there and even trim if needed. One other thing would be the amount of dust, In a shop there is alot more room and is well taken care of. A tighter working space can mean more dust in the air. It is impossible to not have any dust get under the tint but the less the better.

Xenon
12-08-2004, 03:03 AM
Originally posted by akz

i duno.. cuz I can get em done for 150 and there really great and come to my house :)

That\'s probably a tint that does not gurantee it won\'t fade, change colour etc.

The tints that FX Auto use are GURANTEED for LIFE that they will not crack, chip, peel, fade, discolour or bubble.

Also they are certified to have a certain amount of heat rejection and are guranteed to block 99.9% of UV rays that try to pass through it.

Your $150 tints, probably do not offer any of these gurantees. I have seen $99 tint jobs, they change colour, and form bubbles inside of them. I\'ve seen ones that peel off and rip.

Believe me, for $250, you will notice the quality difference between FX Auto\'s tint and a $99 or $150 tint job.

FX Auto uses FormulaONE (http://www.formulaone.com) Window film. They offer the Classic, Comfort and Premier series tints you see featured on the website. Read up on the technology that goes into those three films. You will see that they are well worth the money.

Oh and by the way, The tints at FX Auto are COMPUTER CUT, so they fit perfectly on the window. I do not have a gap (between the edge of the tint and the edge of the window) larger that 1/3 of a centimetre.

akz
12-08-2004, 03:36 AM
Well my dad got the contact from my uncle and my uncle recomended him to my entire family... he tinted his 92 Carolla and its never faded/cracked.. or bubled up etc.. on the other hand one uncle went to find another guy whcih did it poorly and all these bubbles poped up on it making it look so bad.. hes pretty reliable