PDA

View Full Version : Xenon Interior Lights GB#1

bluntman
12-13-2004, 04:06 PM
Please check this thread (http://www.torontomazda3.com/forum/read.php?TID=1129&page=8#17218)

So far it looks like the pick-up will be this Saturday at the 400&7 Interchange (AMC theaters) at 1pm, unless there are any other suggestions.

Xenon
12-13-2004, 08:00 PM
Works well for me. I\'ll be there.

Where in the parking lot are we meeting?

bluntman
12-13-2004, 08:11 PM
I would say closer to Dave and Busters.

Hypothrml
12-14-2004, 10:39 AM
I have appointment for rust proofing at 11, hopefully it doesn\'t take more than 2 hours. I try to make it for 1pm latest 130pm is that ok for Bluntman? How long are you planning to stick around?

bluntman
12-14-2004, 10:40 AM
Originally posted by Hypothrml

I have appointment for rust proofing at 11, hopefully it doesn\'t take more than 2 hours. I try to make it for 1pm latest 130pm is that ok for Bluntman? How long are you planning to stick around?

I\'ll be there.

mEtH
12-14-2004, 02:58 PM
haha rustproofing takes 30mins TOPS!

majic
12-14-2004, 03:00 PM
nnaannn annanna nnahha nnahh... i got mine already ;)

Hypothrml
12-14-2004, 06:51 PM
Hey, maybe we can have a group install on that day, and seeing how Bluntman has the most experience with his install with war wounds to show for it. What do you think Bluntman? :D

billyfo
12-14-2004, 07:51 PM
bluntman, when will you leave? 3:45 is my earliest arrival time:p

bluntman
12-14-2004, 08:00 PM
Originally posted by Hypothrml

Hey, maybe we can have a group install on that day, and seeing how Bluntman has the most experience with his install with war wounds to show for it. What do you think Bluntman? :D

The interior bulbs...no problem, but the turn signals, I don\'t know. :) What do they say, once bitten twice shy?

In regards to the interior bulbs, I was impressed at the output of these bulbs. Correct me if I\'m wrong, but the map lights seem to have a higher wattage than the stock bulbs. Couple that with a white output and I am definitely sold. Great product!!! I only took the time to install the interior lights as it was pretty cold last night, but installation was a cinch after finally figuring out the diagram in the owner\'s manual. One word of warning, when trying to install the bulb for the light in the trunk, be very careful, one slip and you can easily loose the bulb in the body work never to be seen again.

majic
12-14-2004, 10:40 PM
Originally posted by bluntman

In regards to the interior bulbs, I was impressed at the output of these bulbs. Correct me if I\'m wrong, but the map lights seem to have a higher wattage than the stock bulbs. Couple that with a white output and I am definitely sold. Great product!!! I only took the time to install the interior lights as it was pretty cold last night, but installation was a cinch after finally figuring out the diagram in the owner\'s manual. One word of warning, when trying to install the bulb for the light in the trunk, be very careful, one slip and you can easily loose the bulb in the body work never to be seen again.

the bulbs have definately a lower wattage and are DIMMER than stock.. very dissapointed with the elongated ones.. haven\'t tried the map lights yet but if it\'s anything like the other ones, it\'s just not worth it.,

black305
12-15-2004, 12:01 AM
That\'s a little disappointing to hear. I just picked mine up today but can\'t test them because I don\'t have my car yet.
How\'s the trunk and glovebox light?

majic
12-15-2004, 12:09 AM
Originally posted by black305

That\'s a little disappointing to hear. I just picked mine up today but can\'t test them because I don\'t have my car yet.
How\'s the trunk and glovebox light?

ok.. the dome and the trunk lights are the same (elongated bulb) the rest 5 are the same bubbly (regular) bulb type..

the trunk one sucked.. the dome one sucked MAJORLY - stock is 12V 10W and replacement (all of them ) were 12V 5W.. didn\'t even bother with the glove box or the plates after i put one in the maplight and fired tehm up at the same time.. stock has at least 2ce the light output

1) the bulbs are VERY DARK blue.. 2) they are the same wattage as stocks..

this alone, like \'hid-look\' bulbs suggests DECREASED performance (duh) and pure looks.. well call me naive but when i see an ad that shows the product BRIGHTER and WHITER (the latter i can\'t disagree much with) i go out and buy the product.. oh well, glad i tried it with an $18 purchase vs. maybe some hid-look headlights..

having said that.. some ppl might find them appealing.. but for me the performance (light output) is more important..

oh btw.. i swapped the dome bulb with teh trunk.. WAAAAAAY more light in the trunk now.. anyone know if it\'s bad if the original trunk light was 12V5W and i put in 12V 10W? i mean A) that light is only on when car is stopped/parked and hatch is up.. 2) usually that is a short interval 3) it is 100% increase BUT only 5W out of i dunno how much in the whole system..

anwyay.. peace!
--majic

Xenon
12-16-2004, 01:49 PM
So going back on track.....

We are having a mini-meet at Dave & Busters (400 & 7), 1 PM, Saturday Dec 18th right? There hasn\'t been any change?

MazdaTree
12-16-2004, 02:02 PM
is dave and busters in the same plaza as AMC?
and ill be there around 2

FLIPDADY
12-16-2004, 03:15 PM
Originally posted by MazdaTree

is dave and busters in the same plaza as AMC?
and ill be there around 2
They are right beside each other separated by a couple of restaurants.

majic
12-16-2004, 03:21 PM
Originally posted by Xenon

the thread title is.. \"Xenon Interior Lights GB#1\" so we were on topic..

why do you want to cover up a crappy product? I sent a PM to Visionbulbs 2 days ago i believe.. i haven\'t received a reply yet.. hmm.. like product like distributor? sorry maybe they never check PMs... oh well..

Xenon
12-16-2004, 03:42 PM
Originally posted by majic

Originally posted by Xenon

the thread title is.. \"Xenon Interior Lights GB#1\" so we were on topic..

But the Description is \"pick up Mini-meet\"

Nevertheless... location and time has been confirmed? D&B at 1 PM?

VisionBulbs
12-18-2004, 03:50 PM
Originally posted by majic

ok.. the dome and the trunk lights are the same (elongated bulb) the rest 5 are the same bubbly (regular) bulb type..

Hi Majic,

We\'re sorry you were not pleased with your product. We rarely gets complaints from our cusomters about our Xenon lights, on the opposite, most people rave about them.

Regading the wattage, Xenon bulbs are recommended at 5W as a higher could run the risk of overheating (which would lead to burn outs).

The bulbs aren\'t intended necessarily to be brighter, but more so to have a cleaner, crisper look for your interior.

We\'re sorry again for any inconveniences caused. If you would like a 10W Xenon bulb, we will gladly replace yours, however, we do not assume any responsibility for overheating or any other subsequent damages.

Please let us know.

Thanks again!

majic
12-18-2004, 04:23 PM
Originally posted by VisionBulbs

Regading the wattage, Xenon bulbs are recommended at 5W as a higher could run the risk of overheating (which would lead to burn outs).

i see.. i was under the impression that all bulbs would be replaced with bulbs with same ratings..

The bulbs aren\'t intended necessarily to be brighter, but more so to have a cleaner, crisper look for your interior.

i knew they would be crisper/whiter.. BUT from the advert (picture) it looks like they produce even more light or at least the whiteness compensates for a little lower light output and makes it look whiter.. unfortunately that was not the case once i installed them. I guess i should have looked a bit more into the matter and i just gave a heads up to others who might be interested in the performance vs. \'looks\' aspect.

If you would like a 10W Xenon bulb, we will gladly replace yours, however, we do not assume any responsibility for overheating or any other subsequent damages.

Thank you for the offer but at the present i am not interested. I\'ll keep you in mind for possible future lighting purchases.. thx

--majic

PS. thx for the PM..

MazdaTree
12-18-2004, 05:33 PM
just a question how many bulbs are you suppost to get in the SEDAN package
cuz i think vision bulbs forgot some

black305
12-18-2004, 11:18 PM
I got six bulbs in my sedan package. How many are in the hatchback package? Wouldn\'t/shouldn\'t it be the same number?

bluntman
12-18-2004, 11:22 PM
The hatch gets two \"bullet type\" bulbs, one for the dome light and one for the cargo area. The kit for the hatch should include: two for the map lights, one for the glove box, two for the plate lights plus the two \"bullet\" bulbs, that\'s seven bulbs. The sedan should have two map lights, one plate light, one trunk light, one glovebox light and one \"bullet\" bulb for the dome light - seven bulbs as well...hmm. I was given a pair of spare 194 bulbs just in case someone\'s bulbs prematurely burned out and I can also give someone one of my 194 bulbs as I probably won\'t install a new bulb in either the glove box or the licence plate.

MazdaTree
12-19-2004, 02:14 AM
boodoo was missing 1 bulb and i contacted Vision Bulbs and they said theyd send it to me

Mayhem
12-20-2004, 11:18 AM
Damn.....just found this topic. Oh well, Bluntman, did you get my email about shipping? Looks like I would have missed the meet anyway since I thought it was at 2pm. Anyhoo.....I\'ll continue to be in touch.