PDA

View Full Version : ABS Warning Light on

miggiddy
12-23-2004, 03:50 PM
Anyone else get this today? With all the rain and then the nice freeze my ABS light lit up like a Christmas tree all the way home this afternoon. Called the dealer to verify that it was ice build up in the way of the sensors from detecting wheel speed. Figured as much, thank goodness.

bluntman
12-23-2004, 08:21 PM
That\'s good to hear. I just told another guy over in M3F.com that it wasn\'t safe for his wife to drive her Mazda3 (the ABS and the parking brake lights were both on). Your parking brake light wasn\'t on as well was it?

miggiddy
12-23-2004, 08:22 PM
Nope just the ABS light.

firstmazda
12-24-2004, 08:43 AM
Mine did that too (just the ABS) what would cause that to happen?

Blunty: maybe your friend\'s wife was driving with her E-brake on too, so the light was on.

bluntman
12-24-2004, 09:20 AM
I was probably caused by snow build-up around the ABS sensor on one or several wheels.

firstmazda
12-24-2004, 11:19 AM
Originally posted by bluntman

I was probably caused by snow build-up around the ABS sensor on one or several wheels.

I see, THanks!:D

Sammy
12-24-2004, 01:11 PM
Same thing happened to me yesterday on my way to work. On may way home yesterday and even today, the light has been off. Do you think I need to take it into the dealership to get checked out?

miggiddy
12-24-2004, 02:59 PM
Originally posted by Sammy

Do you think I need to take it into the dealership to get checked out?

If your light is still on I say wait til the temperature goes up, suppose to be +3 C Monday, so any snow or ice built up blocking the sensors should melt by then. I spoke to a service tech. at my dealership yesterday once I got home, he said it should be okay once the snow/ice melt. My ABS light is now off.

I had a layer of ice on my rims (about 5mm thick) yesterday, when I got home from work it warmed up enough that I could pull some of it off, it was throwing the wheels way out of balance.

MazdaTree
12-24-2004, 06:03 PM
so wait should the ABS light be on or off?

bluntman
12-24-2004, 06:06 PM
It will only be on if the computer sense a problem. During normal operation it is off.

MazdaTree
12-24-2004, 11:43 PM
ok good cuz my light never goes on and my abs always goes on i thought it was broken there for a sec

tommy36
12-27-2004, 09:09 PM
Unfortunately i had the joy of driving home through a foot of snow on Christmas Eve night. Needless to say my dash lit up when i had to use the front bumper as a snow plow. I can understand when the abs light comes on when my entire wheel was lodged with snow and ice. It literally looked like i had solid white wheels. It was a horrible ride home to say the least.....:(