PDA

View Full Version : I hate winter

///M
12-24-2004, 04:38 AM
Today...

- My gas cap froze over and got stuck. I had to fiddle with it in the cold for over 10 minutes before it would finally come loose and allow me to fill up the car.
- Plowed through all sorts of snow and scraped the undercarraige numerous times on snow/ice.
- Got stuck in deep snow in a parking lot.
- Car\'s covered in a mud, slush and snow mix. Ewwww.
- Traffic everywhere was moving along at no more than 30km/h.

I hate winter driving. :(

bluntman
12-24-2004, 08:13 AM
Don\'t you just wish that you were in sunny California!

Wait a minute, weren\'t you...?;)

chaser
12-24-2004, 09:39 AM
Originally posted by autoexe
- Plowed through all sorts of snow and scraped the undercarraige numerous times on snow/ice.
- Got stuck in deep snow in a parking lot.

hehe, these are the trade-offs of lowered spring, at least in Canada :p

civiclad
12-24-2004, 11:25 AM
The only good thing about yesterday\'s snowfall,....I got to put my winter tires to full use.

But winter does suck.

fat mike
12-24-2004, 11:37 AM
this rules its almost time for my snowmobile to come out and play muhahahhaa

FLIPDADY
12-24-2004, 12:44 PM
Ah the hardships of a lowered car.

Time to do some winter drifting!!

///M
12-24-2004, 02:35 PM
Originally posted by bluntman

Don\'t you just wish that you were in sunny California!

Wait a minute, weren\'t you...?;)

Yes!! I was wearing a t-shirt there. Great weather!

off topic...I only saw about 5 3s during my week-long stay there (and not a single P5)
back here I see at least 10 each day...

Neo
12-24-2004, 09:05 PM
Ah yes.. Cali... How I miss those few days I spent over there!!

The reason why you didn\'t see too many 3\'s is because America has a fixation with SUV\'s.. And since you were in Cali, did you notice the crazy amount of Bling you see on the cars!!! Those people love chrome!!!

On another note.. I\'ve made an official annoucement. This will be my last winter here in Canada!! I\'ve had enough of this horrible weather!! Watch out Florida!!! :)

Lates,

///M
12-24-2004, 11:12 PM
^ Yup...plenty of cars with chrome. And lots of Cadillacs on spinners too.

I hate this weather. See what happend today: :(
http://individual.utoronto.ca/cc_706/blah1.jpg

Going at no more than 40km/h, spun out on black ice, rammed into a snow bank, and got stuck. I\'m guessing I need at least a new bumper, lower grill, license plate holder and the plastic piece on the undercarraige. :(

What a nice little xmas present I made for myself. http://www.howardforums.com/images/smilies/crying_loundly.gif

black305
12-24-2004, 11:40 PM
Oh man, sorry to hear about your accident. Do you have winter tires on your car? May not have helped on black ice anyway.

///M
12-24-2004, 11:42 PM
Yes, I do have winter tires.

miggiddy
12-24-2004, 11:46 PM
Ouch! Sorry to hear and see that Auto.

But perhaps that means there may be a body kit in the near future for you. I\'d just leave it for winter. :)

MazdaTree
12-24-2004, 11:53 PM
i got stuck 3 times in the parkin lot at work

PlatMS6
12-25-2004, 01:14 AM
Originally posted by autoexe

Yes, I do have winter tires.

which ones?

///M
12-25-2004, 02:32 AM
Toyo Snowprox S950

bubba1983
12-25-2004, 02:53 AM
no problems driving here in kitchener...we have quite a bit of snow too
guess it all depends on the driver

billyfo
12-25-2004, 09:27 AM
unless you using tank rail, even winter tires are useless on black ice:( , just remember drive very slow in the midnight to early morning time.

sorry for you, autoexe, just like miggiddy said, wait for spring to fix it or get a body kits.

///M
12-25-2004, 03:17 PM
Would it look weird if I get only the AutoExe front? The full kit is too expensive for now.
Otherwise, I\'ll be fixing it with a new stock bumper, which is much cheaper (not to mention more durable). Besides, I already have the OEM kit.

xoom
12-25-2004, 07:29 PM
Autoexe, sorry to hear about your grille... i feel for ya...

But speaking of getting stuck.... I have underground parking at my apt, but i got stuck in the unplowed outdoor lot after driving no more than 20 feet.. i tried and tried until my tires were smoking, but i gave up after about half an hour and walked to work... when i got back the plow had *finally* come but was nice enough to have plowed snow onto my car from all sides. Took me about an hour to dig it out with a hockey stick (thats all i had...). Gonna get winter tires now :)

BETRTHNU
12-25-2004, 10:02 PM
I hate winter too...but I used to drive a lowered 4th gen Prelude through these canadian winters so I think i\'m ok driving my stock 3 around.

Xenon
12-25-2004, 11:25 PM
I say leave the bumper as is for the winter... who knows you might (god forbid) get into another similar accident and just have to replace the bumper again.

Any chance of you salvaging ther aero flares?

///M
12-25-2004, 11:53 PM
The flares seem okay...I\'ll probably get them cleaned up (maybe even repainted...the bottom\'s pretty scuffed up from scraping numerous times) and installed on my new bumper.

I can\'t really stand having my car look like this so I\'ll probably go get some quotes on fixing it on monday...hopefully it won\'t take too long.

wtom
12-27-2004, 11:14 AM
Dang man sorry to hear about all these bad situations our cars have been getting into! I\'m worried about my car sittin in the garage in my house during the cold weather... I dropped my jaw when I heard about the minus 30 something temps on the 20th...

Newlook
12-27-2004, 01:13 PM
Originally posted by wtom

Dang man sorry to hear about all these bad situations our cars have been getting into! I\'m worried about my car sittin in the garage in my house during the cold weather... I dropped my jaw when I heard about the minus 30 something temps on the 20th...

It\'s currently -11 on Monday the 27th, going up to +9 later this week... crazy weather.

I would leave the bumper as it is as well until the winter is over.... I know it looks bad, but at least you don\'t have to worry about fixing it again (touch wood..).

Effin Itai
12-27-2004, 05:03 PM
I couldn\'t wait to head out into the snow last week and try out my snow tires. I had no problems in the high snow, although every time I went through it I cringged when I heard the under carriage being scrapped. Nothing should really happen if you go slow. If any of you are looking for cheap H rated winter tires, I would recomend the place I went to. I have 205/55/R16 Viking \'Snow Tech\' tires which is owned by the German company \'Continental\'. I\'ve experienced good handling and traction. They don\'t compare to the Blizzak or Michelin X-Ice, but much cheaper. I\'m not getting paid to say this stuff but I\'m just giving any of you the heads up on good deals.

One more note before I quit rambling, if you notice your parking brake or ABS light going on like I did in the snow, don\'t freak out. My ABS light stayed on for 5 minutes and then went of. The car is running just fine. Some guy driving a protege last week called a tow truck just because the ABS light went on. I laughed. It is not a serious matter but if it does persist contact your Doctor.-- ah-- I mean your dealer.LOL. Anywho see ya later and have a Happy New Year. :)

AfterBurner
12-28-2004, 04:17 PM
Originally posted by Newlook

Originally posted by wtom

It\'s currently -11 on Monday the 27th, going up to +9 later this week... crazy weather.

I would leave the bumper as it is as well until the winter is over.... I know it looks bad, but at least you don\'t have to worry about fixing it again (touch wood..).

Sorry to here about the bumper Autoexe. Just remove the black grille and leave it at that. Having an aftermarket bumper kit in winter is just asking for trouble.

9+ degrees on Friday means I can test out my new powerwasher I got on boxing day at CanTire. Dirt! be afraid, be very afraid!:D

dinu01
12-29-2004, 11:28 AM
Ouch!

At least it\'s not too bad.

Did I talk to you about the benefits of a stock suspension? :) J/k - I know now\'s not the time!