PDA

View Full Version : driver/passenger lighting console

Zaku_4
12-30-2004, 05:12 PM
umm,

lol ok so i got some bulbs i need to change, and i just wanted to know hwo to take it off. cause yeah so far its a pain in the ass and everything i do, when refering to the ownerss manual, seems wrong as its like its going to break or soemthing, any kind if tips or better instructions on how to take off?

TIA

majic
12-30-2004, 06:03 PM
Originally posted by Zaku_4

umm,

lol ok so i got some bulbs i need to change, and i just wanted to know hwo to take it off. cause yeah so far its a pain in the ass and everything i do, when refering to the ownerss manual, seems wrong as its like its going to break or soemthing, any kind if tips or better instructions on how to take off?

TIA

what bulbs did you get ;)

are you referring to the map lights? on the right hand side about the middle of the entire plastic housing is a metal clip.. you have to take a flat head screw driver (look in your manual they describe it there too) and push the clip in and then pull the housing down.

Zaku_4
12-30-2004, 07:16 PM
haha,

ok those are a bitch to get off lol. btw how do u get into glovebox lights? and the liscene plates i thiknk im going to wait till my car is clean lol =p

myko
04-25-2007, 12:11 AM
anyone have any other tips to remove the maplight housing??? i just spent a good 15 minutes trying to get the darn thing off but no dice.

i've got a 2005 m3 gt hatch, and the manual has this asterisk beside the removal of the maplights indicating only some models... is this metal clip in a different spot for the 5-door? cuz i couldn't feel any give when i tried... any tips would be helpful! thanks in advance.

MPS
04-25-2007, 12:34 AM
come to a meet im sure i can be of help :)

queens49
04-25-2007, 10:27 PM
Are you just trying to remove the clear cover for the map lights? or removing the whole assembly? To get to the bulbs, you need to remove the whole assembly.

myko
04-26-2007, 12:52 AM
yeah, the whole assembly... i couldn't manage to get it out. i changed the dome light to these 'white lights', and it feels a lot colder and institutionalized inside the cabin of the car now, ha ha ha... it seems to be dimmer too... i dunno if i'm going to keep it in.