PDA

View Full Version : Part number for kyb rear shocks for gen 1 speed 3

blackspeed3
11-05-2020, 11:33 PM
Does anybody have a part number for kyb rear shocks for a 2007 gen 1 speed 3? Cannot find the correct part number anywhere. I can find the regular 3 part number for 2.3 liter engine but think the speeds shocks are different ?

SonicBoy
11-06-2020, 06:47 AM
Looking at KYB.com I see:

Vehicle Selected: 2007 Mazda 3 Mazdaspeed
KYB Shocks and Struts are unavailable for the selected vehicle.

Have you tried RockAuto.com as they have struts listed.

blackspeed3
11-06-2020, 08:36 AM
Looking at KYB.com I see:

Vehicle Selected: 2007 Mazda 3 Mazdaspeed
KYB Shocks and Struts are unavailable for the selected vehicle.

Have you tried RockAuto.com as they have struts listed.

I just need 2 rear shocks, something Oem type quality. So the regular Mazda 3 shocks won’t fit a speed? Also I found it weird a few years ago I bought gen 2 oem front struts and rear shocks and when brought them to jimmy he told me he could only put on the front struts as the rear shocks were different. I still have them in my garage and wish I could have just got them to fit....

Can you recommend an alternative to kyb than? I tried the cheap Sachs ones off eBay (and rock auto) and the rears lasted about 15 k and jimmy said they are blown again :bang

TheMAN
11-08-2020, 07:02 AM
that's because what you got and what you're trying to find are for REGULAR 3s... their dampening rates are not meant for a lowered for or stiffer springs that come stock on the MS3... that's why your "cheap" Sachs shocks got blown quickly, not because they're crap.... thus, there's NO application for the MS3 from KYB

there's no way to cheap out of this except buy the OEM shocks from Mazda, or get Koni oranges or yellows