PDA

View Full Version : How clean is your 3 NOW?

///M
01-04-2005, 10:01 PM
http://individual.utoronto.ca/cc_706/wintercleaning.jpg

Seeing as the weather was decent and I had a 6 hour break in between classes today I decided to clean my car up and do some preventative maintanance before it got cold again. Took it for a wash the proper way (no touchless washes!), and I even managed to apply a coat of NXT booster wax and Rain-X all the windows. It\'s nowhere near as clean as it\'d be in summer but it\'ll do for now.

How clean/dirty is your 3?

Xenon
01-04-2005, 10:35 PM
Mine is spotless... seeing that I\'m in florida, It is extremely clean.

I didn\'t want any salt or any other crap sitting on my car while I was away.

majic
01-04-2005, 10:48 PM
not to sound like a fascist but.. who cares? it\'s winter it\'ll get dusty/salty/muddy in a jiffy.. summer i understand.. but now.. meh.. touchless or occasional pressure wash will do..

///M
01-04-2005, 10:56 PM
The main reason for cleaning it today wasn\'t really to shine it up but to allow me to apply Rain-X and a coat of wax. Being clean and shiny\'s just a bonus. :)

Newlook
01-05-2005, 07:40 PM
Weather is decent? LOL.... A snowstorm is heading OUR way!

Mine is ok clean.... I gave it a good spray at home last Thur when it was so warm. Got rid of all the salt and dirt on the body and undercarriage. I could see my headlights and rear license plate again!

Xenon
01-05-2005, 10:24 PM
Originally posted by Newlook

Weather is decent? LOL.... A snowstorm is heading OUR way!

Yay, I get to drive home in that :(

M34ME
01-06-2005, 11:16 AM
Does anybody notice how the back of this car gets dirty so FAST in the winter? Whats up with that, and I even have mud flaps on my car and they hang pretty low (just for the winter).

bluntman
01-06-2005, 11:43 AM
Originally posted by M34ME

Does anybody notice how the back of this car gets dirty so FAST in the winter? Whats up with that, and I even have mud flaps on my car and they hang pretty low (just for the winter).

Aerodynamics. When you car is cutting through the air it\'s going to create a vacuum at it\'s back end. This vacuum will suck the air (and dirt) back onto the car where it will accumulate.

Zaku_4
01-11-2005, 12:15 AM
man,
mine is crazy dirty, havent washed it since it first snowed here. so the back of my car has a nice thick layer of dust and all this other crap. lol u can barely see what colour it is from the back, however u can still see my 888 as thats the only PART of the car i NEED to clean =:p