PDA

View Full Version : Fuel Pump Problem

01AWW18T
01-05-2005, 05:54 PM
So I have an appointment to have my fuel pump replaced. I was wondering where exactly is the fuel pump? I assume its attached to the fuel tank? or is it inside the fuel tank? Just want to know which part of the car they need to take apart to get to it.

Also, when my car is idling, I hear a buzz sound, is this also from a faulty fuel pump?

Thanks

teambedlam
01-05-2005, 06:23 PM
if i remember correctly it is acessed by removing the rear seat. then a few bolts and it\'s out :)

idreamofmazda
01-05-2005, 08:32 PM
Originally posted by teambedlam

if i remember correctly it is acessed by removing the rear seat. then a few bolts and it\'s out :)

That’s a good place for it, inside the fuel tank is a stupid place. I had to replace my fuel pump in my VW Rabbit, it was beside the fuel tank, all rusted, and had to cut it off with a hacksaw, very hard to do while laying on my back.

aabase
01-06-2005, 01:03 AM
on my own knowledge, the buzz your hearing is the puel pump doin its work. pumpin gas in your engine. i hear that a lot on my 3. if you can hear that buzz and so do i and you got a fuel pump problem. maybe i have the same problem too. but right now my 3 is fine and ok.

mEtH
01-06-2005, 01:54 PM
I thought my 3 was OK too! Until I took it in for an oil change and asking about the hesitation when starting in cold temperatures. They checked it out and the fuel pump needed to be replaced. I had it done on Tuesday. I was hearing that buzzing noise quite loudly sometimes and now that its changed I haven\'t heard it yet. Not sure although I haven\'t driven much because I take the GO to work.

Oh and back on topic, they need to lower the fuel tank in order to get to the fuel pump. That\'s why they ask you to come in with an empty tank. :sarc Had to fill up 49+ litres right after!

01AWW18T
01-06-2005, 07:09 PM
hmmm. they didn\'t tell me to empty the tank before dropping off the car..

anyways., I think I might remove the seat bottoms just incase.., don\'t want oily hands on the seats ;) I assume this is fairly easy to do?

mEtH
01-06-2005, 10:08 PM
Well I guess you don\'t need to empty the tank, its mainly just to make it easier for the mechanic because it can get quite heavy :p

FLIPDADY
01-07-2005, 03:17 PM
They remove the seats to get the pump module. The tank is never removed during the removal and install of the module. You should make sure your tank isn\'t full when you come in.

mEtH
01-07-2005, 08:17 PM
It\'s awesome having a dealer actually on the site. ;)