PDA

View Full Version : Finally picked up my 3!!!

black305
01-12-2005, 02:08 AM
so I finally got it!! man, what a beaut! and did I forget to mention the zoom zoom??
I feel like I finally belong. now to go through the owners manual...
see you guys at the next meet! btw, when is it? when it\'s a little warmer I hope. :)

///M
01-12-2005, 02:43 AM
Congrats! Enjoy the car!

majic
01-12-2005, 08:37 AM
congrats, finally.. must feel relieved eh? :D
next meet will be once the snow clears.. circa april?

Hey Eric, look this is where you would post pix of your mazda3 :D Eric, you there? :)

Eric
01-12-2005, 12:45 PM
Originally posted by majic

Hey Eric, look this is where you would post pix of your mazda3 :D Eric, you there? :)

I\'m Here.

Here is the pic again, in the right place now!:)

http://www.firstclass.com/~eric/mazda/mazda3.jpg

It is kind of dark, but I like how it looks like a \"Stealth Vehicle\".

majic
01-12-2005, 02:19 PM
Originally posted by Eric

It is kind of dark, but I like how it looks like a \"Stealth Vehicle\".

:D

won\'t be completely stealthy until you get steelies and tints perhaps :D

black305
01-12-2005, 06:34 PM
Thanx! Can\'t wait to go for another spin. I\'m kinda scared to take it out though when we get freezing rain like today. I hope everyone from TM3 was fine.

black305
01-13-2005, 12:23 AM
I forgot to mention that when I picked up my car, I didn\'t get a free dash mat or the \"2.3\" badge, but I did get a Mazda extendible car brush/ice scraper! Should come in handy for the winter season...
Thanks Avante!

torpedo20
01-13-2005, 02:01 AM
Congrats, man!

My D-day is coming today :)

bluntman
01-13-2005, 08:19 AM
Originally posted by black305

I forgot to mention that when I picked up my car, I didn\'t get a free dash mat or the \"2.3\" badge, but I did get a Mazda extendible car brush/ice scraper! Should come in handy for the winter season...
Thanks Avante!

Congrats! The badges were supposed to come on the car (straight from the factory) on the 2004 models, they stopped putting them on the 2005 models, but you can always ask the parts guys if they have anymore lying around. The dash mat should come in the mail from Mazda along with a survey. What ever you do, don\'t put the dash mat on your dash it will discolour the dash directly underneath it as at least one of our members found out last summer. Again, congrats!

super_vixen
01-13-2005, 11:42 AM
What is this dashmat you speak of?

I never got such a thing? Nor did I ever get my 2.3 badges, but meh.

wtom
01-13-2005, 12:51 PM
Originally posted by super_vixen

What is this dashmat you speak of?

Heya Super Vix! Long time no talk! That\'s the rubber anti-slip mat most ppl place their sunglasses, 407 transponder, or cell phone on in the car, usually on top of the dash. I never received one either for both purchases.

bubba1983
01-17-2005, 01:25 AM
that mazda ice scraper thing is PURE JOKES, hahah..once i seen that, with big mazda logo on it, im like...YES!!!!

VeRmiLLioN
01-18-2005, 08:08 AM
I got a mazda Keychain with my purchase.

The Salesman stuck my 2.3 things on my doors on the delivery day.

Saphress
01-18-2005, 04:52 PM
sweet.... congrats!!!! :).... Man... You really wanna go through the owner\'s manual???? (laugh) I barely read through the first 5 pgs and got sleepy :P.... Hehehe then I went into my car and drove around.... Hehehhehehehee.... Man... I miss that feeling, It\'s putting a tear to my eye.... My car finally hit the 10,000km mark last night...

black305
01-20-2005, 12:34 AM
Thanx everyone. I just crossed the 500km mark so I\'ve still got a ways to go before I catch up to you guys. And goin\' through the car manual is more fun than reading text books. The only thing that sucks about buying the car is that I\'m totally broke now and I hafta bring lunch to work. :(
Oh well, I guess that\'ll force me to stick to one of my new year\'s resolutions.

bubba1983
01-20-2005, 03:41 AM
im only at 7500km...bought the car in august!!!

Saphress....nice to hear from you..havn\'t seen you around on teh boards lately...or am i just blind?

Dr Butcher
01-20-2005, 12:54 PM
Geez, I only have 4000 on my car and I picked it up at the end of July. I guess it\'s the perks of living 5 minutes from work. :)

Saphress
01-20-2005, 05:38 PM
Originally posted by bubba1983

im only at 7500km...bought the car in august!!!

Saphress....nice to hear from you..havn\'t seen you around on teh boards lately...or am i just blind?

(laugh)... yeah... sorry I haven\'t been around much, a lot of stuff in the brain.... :P Yeah can you tell I drive around a lot??? It\'s a 30 min drive to the boyfriend\'s//// and another 30 minutes to work.... always around 30km one way... and I\'m running around all the time... :P

super_vixen
01-20-2005, 10:36 PM
god..I wish I only had <8000 K on the car...

mine is pushing 12000 K now..and its so sad to see. But I do live about 25 min. from work, and 3 hours from my boyfriend. And I\'ve had mine since Mid August!

Grrrr...I need to work from home!

majic
01-20-2005, 10:41 PM
umm.. the car is meant to be driven..

6 weeks and 6000+km.. i love every kilometer of it and i can\'t stop finding excuses to drive it.. :p although last week was nice b/c i took the GO train to work and i still haven\'t hit half tank.. but i pay for the GO tickets.. anyway.. i am hoping this car will make 200K easily :D so i\'ll keep the zoom on!

MajesticBlueNTO
01-20-2005, 11:29 PM
33,200km picked up in mid-may

black305
01-21-2005, 01:26 AM
wow, that\'s a lot o clicks. at this point i\'m just looking for excuses to take mine out but i\'m hoping i\'ll be around 20-25k in a years time. do you guys really care how much mileage you put on or are you just happy to drive the car?

majic
01-21-2005, 08:47 AM
Originally posted by black305
just happy to drive the car?

zoom zoom :D

once i hit 25.. i\'ll look at the kms a bit closer b/c right now my age is what dictates my insurance rates.. :(

actually, funny thing. there are 2 GO stations close to my house. I tried the closer one today but i didn\'t like it b/c a) my car doesn\'t warm up until i get there (6min drive) b) it\'s more fun to drive to the other station - better passing opportunities :D and it\'s only a few min more

AfterBurner
01-21-2005, 10:27 AM
Before I got the car I put strict mileage restrictions cause I was gonna lease. Suffice to say that after I got the car the plan went to hell cause it is soo much fun to drive the car. I have projected that I will exceed my allotted KM this year with regular driving (no long distance trips). So I have taken some steps to reduce the mileage but still not take away from the fun. I don\'t take the highway to work as although it is faster it would result in more kms. So I take the side streets and it is more fun cause you get to work the gearbox and I put lower kms per trip (approx 7kms less).