PDA

View Full Version : Vision Bulbs Interior Kit

midnightfxgt
01-13-2005, 04:03 PM
Hey everyone.

Well lets hear your reviews on these bulbs. I havent installed mine, and am thinking more and more, that I should just sell em. Seems like people are not happy with them, and they do not produce any extra light.

~JOHN

Dr Butcher
01-13-2005, 04:20 PM
I screwed up royally with mine. The envelope they came in was so light that I didn\'t realize the bulbs were still in it. I then proceeded to throw the envelope away, contents included. I\'ll never know the lighting difference as my bulbs are now sitting under tons of garbage in Michigan somewhere.... :zzz

midnightfxgt
01-13-2005, 05:15 PM
And you never opened the envelope?! ouch...

majic
01-13-2005, 05:39 PM
you probably saw my opinion in that thread (http://torontomazda3.com/forum/read.php?TID=1277#17495)

midnightfxgt
01-13-2005, 06:08 PM
Yeah, and FLIPSPEED didnt sound impressed either.:sarc I am not looking forward to the install of these anymore lol.

black305
01-13-2005, 11:57 PM
I\'ll let you know soon. I just picked up my car a few days ago and I haven\'t had a chance to start the install. I can tell you one thing though, I\'m missing a bulb from the original package I got! I\'ll have to contact visionbulbs for my missing one and to upgrade some of the 5W bulbs I got for 10W ones (original spec).

MazdaTree
01-13-2005, 11:59 PM
im missing one aswell

Zaku_4
01-14-2005, 01:07 AM
well,

lol i got magics kit, just to see how it is. its def whiter, bug definitely not as bright as stock. one of the weirdest thigns is the dome light is only 5 watts like the trunk light, should it be 10? lol oh well, light is light i guess :sarc

majic
01-14-2005, 08:30 AM
Originally posted by black305

I\'ll let you know soon. I just picked up my car a few days ago and I haven\'t had a chance to start the install. I can tell you one thing though, I\'m missing a bulb from the original package I got! I\'ll have to contact visionbulbs for my missing one and to upgrade some of the 5W bulbs I got for 10W ones (original spec).

only the dome light is supposed to be 10W, but all the bulbs VB supplied were 12V 5W. I think they were offering to change one of my bulbs to 10W. I just swapped my OEM trunk light for the dome light (I prefer more light in the trunk)

Dr Butcher
01-15-2005, 09:15 AM
Originally posted by midnightfxgt

And you never opened the envelope?! ouch...

Nah, I opened the envelope but I kept the bulbs in it because it was padded. One day I got into a cleaning fit and decided to throw out all the papers and enevelopes I had collected during the Christmas break. Not thinking, I picked up the envelope the bulbs were in and chucked it along with the other stuff. It wasn\'t until a few days later that I realized what I had done, by then the garbage was already taken. In the end I pissed away $20. Not a big deal, just a brain dead thing to do. :sarc

VisionBulbs
01-15-2005, 05:04 PM
Hello group,

We\'ve gone through your posts here on TM3, and it is apparent that some of you are not totally satisfied with the Xenon Interior kits. We pride ourselves on customer satisfaction, so we would like to hear from you to see what you feel would be the best resolution to this situation. Some of you have made comments about the output of light. The reason we use 5W bulbs is that Xenon generates a greater deal of heat, so the wattage must be lowered in order to avoid burn outs. By using a higher wattage, you run the risk of overheating.

For those who are willing to assume the risk of using a higher wattage, we can gladly supply you with 10W replacements.

Also, a couple of people seem to have misplaed or damaged a couple of bulbs during installation. We will gladly arrange something to get you those bulbs back. We can appreciate how frustrating it might be to have only part of your car converted.

We really want to make this experience pleasurable, and we hope to do more business with the members on TM3.

Please feel free to contact us here on the boards, or from our contact form at: www.visionbulbs.com

Thank you all again,

Vision Bulbs
www.visionbulbs.com

majic
01-15-2005, 05:27 PM
even though i wasn\'t satisfied with the light output, I must applaud VB for being very customer oriented. They offered to replace my 5W bulb right away for a 10W one and the shipping was pretty quick. Thumbs up to customre service. :D

FLIPDADY
02-02-2005, 01:49 PM
The thing that really peeved me off was that I couldn\'t get the 194 bulbs to fit and stay in the bulb sockets. They would pop out and I would have to fish them out of the front map light. I would like to try the 10W version.

swales
02-02-2005, 02:05 PM
I have no problems with bulbs. I got all the bulbs and had no problems installing them, no they\'re not as bright as the stock ones, but they look better.

MazdaTree
02-02-2005, 08:29 PM
IM STILL WAITING FOR ONE BULB:sarc

black305
02-23-2005, 12:02 AM
I\'m also waiting on a missing bulb and the 10W dome light. Sean from VisionBulbs contacted me yesterday and told me he\'d have them for me sometime in March. I think I\'ll the 10W bulb should make a big difference. I\'ll keep you guys posted.