PDA

View Full Version : changing handles

locustroller
01-13-2005, 08:00 PM
Hello,
I am planning to change my door handles on my gx and would like to know if anyone has taken
there door panel inside off?
Can anyone help me through this installation if any of u have ever taken off the panels inside your m3
for one reason or another.
I am being told by my mazda garage that it is quite a job and needs to be done carefully to not break anything .

If anyone can help out.
THks

al01
01-13-2005, 08:08 PM
what you changing to?

majic
01-13-2005, 08:17 PM
(s)he has a GX, thus black door handles and probably wants to match the body colour or go chrome :p but body colour will be pretty tough to match so take your time picking the right paint.

Xenon
01-13-2005, 10:34 PM
if you are talking about totally redoing them (different style handles) then I don\'t believe anyone here has experience in doing that.

However, I for one love the Mazda3 handles. I don\'t like the ones where you have to curl your hands under to open.

bubba1983
01-14-2005, 09:49 AM
inside door panels aren\'t that hard to remove...jsut remember to pull straight out with no angle...the clips that hold them in place can be a little tricky...ive broken 2 or so already...

there are 2 screws that u must unscrew in teh door panel...one is in the inside of door lever, inside the car, and teh other is just inside the door handle lever...here is vaboom\'s guide with pics for better issulstration to remove the door panels..

http://www.sounddomain.com/memberpage/495957/3

bubba1983
01-14-2005, 10:19 AM
now, thats just for the door panel itself, there is also another layer underneath that which i havn\'t attempted to take off, due to i have no need to take it off, but it looks fairly simple as pie to do...

locustroller
01-14-2005, 05:30 PM
Thks bubba I\'ll keep all of that in mind .
Should I let the garage do it instead?
I bought the handles from Mazda there the gs handles same color has car , just have to switch them.

Thks

bubba1983
01-14-2005, 05:51 PM
you can do it yourself easily, with a little patience...jsut pull...STRAIGHT OUT..no angle, ha!

locustroller
01-14-2005, 06:29 PM
I am going to get my handles next week and will try to do it myself without making a mess! lol

Thks