PDA

View Full Version : Alignment prob?

wtom
01-27-2005, 11:26 AM
Hey everyone, sometimes when I\'m acclerating too fast in the snow, my car tends to slide a bit towards the right... very little but noticeable to myself, the driver. It\'s always the right side, never the left. Same when I brake hard and purposely make the car slide, it\'ll go towards the right moreso than the left. Wheels are kept straight too. Is there a kink in my alignment that I should have checked out? Or what else could it be? TIA

MajesticBlueNTO
01-27-2005, 12:17 PM
torque steer when accelerating

Newlook
01-27-2005, 01:24 PM
Also our roads are not flat. All roads slope to the sides in order to help draining surface water towards the curb. Since we drive on the right side of the road, our lanes slope toward the right. You can try a quick acceleration on the wrong side (left) in a side street and see if your car would slip to the left instead of right.

kl7402001
01-27-2005, 10:45 PM
I don\'t know if this is what torque steer means .. but this is what i think y that happens .. we have front wheel drv cars .. and all front wheel drv cars have a problem of putting diff amount of power to the ground through the left and right front tires .. that is because of the limited slip differential or lack of ... they disigned like that because u make turns with ur front wheel and u need the two tires to go at different speeds ...during a quick acceleration depending on the grip of each tire at that moment a different amount of power will be put to it .and b/c the road does only slope one way cus we drive on the right that the difference in grip between the 2 tire are the same that is more weight is on the right .. so more power will go to the less traction wheel which will be the left .. which mean u get pushed to the right ...

.. holly thats long ...:p . ....hehe thats what she said!! lol:p