PDA

View Full Version : MP3 CD player

iconicrocket
02-13-2005, 10:06 PM
Anyone bought this option for their Mazda 3, I\'m thinking about getting this option. From the Accessory brochure its actually 2 pieces, one is the CD player and the other looks to me like the dash piece with the MP3 lettering.

Anyone know what the dealer invoice is for this thing? I don\'t know why they don\'t make this CD player standard?

S.F.W.
02-13-2005, 10:47 PM
I bought it for my car. Not sure what the dealer invoice on it is though..I used to know. One piece of advice, don\'t bother with the dash kit. There is nothing different except an \"MP3\" logo.

iconicrocket
02-13-2005, 11:36 PM
Hey SFW

Nice choice, would be a pain-in-the-ass to convert all my MP3s to wav. :sarc

BTW, whats your OTR price you paid for your Mazda3. Just curious.
Just name the spec you got for your car.

I\'m thinking of Mazda3 GS/Auto/SportsPackage/PowerPackage. Getting it in a couple of days.

S.F.W.
02-14-2005, 12:33 AM
I got GT/GFX, auto, raised rear spolier, MP3 player, extra year warranty, undercoat and leather protection. I paid around 28k on the road.

S.F.W.
02-14-2005, 12:35 AM
Oh and aside form the pain in coverting all my music. I can fit 120 songs(high quality) on an mp3 CD vs 20 on a standard CD. I am always listening to music and need variety.

wtom
02-14-2005, 02:51 PM
Originally posted by iconicrocket

Nice choice, would be a pain-in-the-ass to convert all my MP3s to wav. :sarc

I\'ve been burning audio CDs for so many years, never once did I convert to WAV before burning... I\'ve used CDRWin and Nero...

midnightfxgt
02-14-2005, 06:37 PM
There is no need to convert between MP3 and Wav for an Audio CD. They will be re-encoded to .cda files, and burned as such. This is the redbook standard. All Audio CDs are .cda (Obviously MP3 CDs are different :p). I think all burning programs will allow you to add.wav files into an audio CD project. I know for a fact Nero, Roxio, and Sonic programs all will :)

~JOHN

S.F.W.
02-14-2005, 07:17 PM
True you do not have to convert your files, but I found sometimes the burning software would cut off songs if I did not convert from mp3 to wave. no matter, I have an MP3 cd player now, so I rarely burn regullar audio cd\'s.

iconicrocket
02-14-2005, 10:21 PM
I think there was someone here or on Mazda3forums that had brought the MP3 player after he ordered his car. Got dinged for something like $560 plus he had to trade in the old player. Ouch! :p

Newlook
02-14-2005, 10:29 PM
Originally posted by S.F.W.

I got GT/GFX, auto, raised rear spolier, MP3 player, extra year warranty, undercoat and leather protection. I paid around 28k on the road.

Sweet deal! From which dealer?

S.F.W.
02-14-2005, 11:35 PM
I got my car from Prima. If you want my guys info, just send me a PM. He gave me a great deal on my car, and he is taking care of my sister too as she is going to lease a base M3.