PDA

View Full Version : front faceplate cracked!?

akz
02-15-2005, 01:25 PM
This morning when I was taking my car to school.. apparently there was this large crack down the front middle of my mazda3sport faceplate.. (the area where the mazda emblem is located) there was a crack right down the middle.. does this happen normally? and is this covered repair from the dealer? Im due for an oil change etc this weekend.. so would like to know.. didnt get hit or anything it just CRACKED.... help thxx :)

FLIPDADY
02-15-2005, 02:25 PM
I\'ve never seen that happen. Maybe after the ice storm the emblem got brittle and cracked? Either that or somebody tried to pry the emblem off but was unsuccessful? Anyways let the service advisor know that your emblem is cracking and they should be able to cover it under warranty.

akz
02-15-2005, 03:35 PM
thanks well im not sure if it was pryed... well who would be dumb enough to pry off a mazda3 emblem... its not the EMBLEM that is cracked tho its the grill part that surrounds the emblem.. emblem is ok but hte grill is spit from top and at the bottom its begging to rip open as well.. hope its covered ~_~

FLIPDADY
02-15-2005, 04:18 PM
Are we talking about the same thing? I was referring to the MAZDA 3 namplate on the trunk lid. It sounds like you\'re talking about the Mazda \"M\" logo affixed to the front grille.

akz
02-15-2005, 04:23 PM
yeah the FRONT grilll .. not the lower grill but hte upper grill where the Mazda emblem resides.. THAT is cracked.. how I have no clue ~_~

FLIPDADY
02-15-2005, 04:29 PM
That spot tends to be very brittle. I\'m not so sure Mazda will cover it in that case but hey give it a shot with the dealer.

akz
02-15-2005, 04:31 PM
good thing the check is on saturday... i cant bare looking at he rlike thta .. she sgot a scar on her face RIGHT iN THE FRONT !_! sigh... so sad.. let u guys know if that kinda fixup is do able by the dealer.

al01
02-15-2005, 07:21 PM
get a aftermarket grill =DDDD .. and while at it.. y not get a body kit

akz
02-20-2005, 02:35 AM
heh.. I wana .. but currently have to share my car with my mom until my insurance lowers ~_~ newhoo the grill crack WAS due to humidity and was covered under warranty so new grill will come soon.. just hope it wont be too much of a hassle.. (sigh.. markham mazda)

wtom
02-20-2005, 03:11 AM
Just wanted to add this tid-bit for hatch owners; when opening your hood, do NOT hold the hood up by the grill center! Hold the hood up (and when lowering) by the actual metal of the hood.

akz
02-20-2005, 04:02 PM
thx for the advice wtom ^_^

FLIPDADY
02-21-2005, 07:53 AM
That\'s how I open my hood. :D

majic
03-22-2005, 06:25 PM
sorry for bringing this thread up from the dead.. just wanted to send an e-mail alert to akz

akz... do not hotlink your avatar, we get a popup b/c we don\'t have rights to view it.. just save it locally and then upload it!!!