umnitza cai
Sponsors - Your CAI is Here:)
http://www.umnitza.com/albums/CFwerks/intake3.sized.jpg
http://www.umnitza.com/albums/CFwerks/intake3a.sized.jpg
http://www.umnitza.com/albums/CFwerks/intake3b.sized.jpg
http://www.umnitza.com/albums/CFwerks/intake3c.sized.jpg
http://www.umnitza.com/albums/CFwerks/intake3d.sized.jpg

Intro $199 (

US i guess) for this intake, it\'s PURE CF - as in no molds.
It cannot be purchased on the web site:) We hope retailers and sponsors will be interested in this:)

meaning to say - no overlay:) It\'s pure woven CF.

from mazda3forums.com

http://www.mazda3forums.com/viewtopic.php?t=15290

FLIPDADY
02-16-2005, 02:19 PM
Looks like the Autoexe version without the hefty price tag.

http://torontomazda3.com/forum/read.php?TID=1056

I\'d buy one if they sold it here. Mainly because I\'m not a big fan of the CAI pipes.

majic
02-16-2005, 02:40 PM
looks like the autoexe intake at much lower price

here (http://www.autoexe.co.jp/products/ramair/index.html) the autoexe intake is about 80K Yen ~ $950+ CAD!! damn

i\'d like to see a dyno of this thing.. they have a sound clip on the autoexe site

midnightfxgt
02-16-2005, 05:24 PM
I like the CAI Pipes myself. But this does look much better. Would have to be crazy to spend $200US on an intake without a dyno... I hope they get one up :)

~JOHN

///M
02-17-2005, 01:40 PM
Originally posted by majic

looks like the autoexe intake at much lower price

here (http://www.autoexe.co.jp/products/ramair/index.html) the autoexe intake is about 80K Yen ~ $950+ CAD!! damn

i\'d like to see a dyno of this thing.. they have a sound clip on the autoexe site

Nice sound clips. Is it just me or does the Atenza 2.3 sound better than the Axela?

mEtH
02-17-2005, 11:45 PM
I cant see the pics so im not sure whether its a cai or short ram. No point in the dynos, the only difference between them all is maybe the shape the pipe takes. Too many factors with dynos comparisons anyways. Seriously their just piping that gets more air flow to the engine. Not like one intake will give you just more torque it would have to be an even increase of both hp and torque.

Airman Jack
03-09-2005, 09:21 AM
has anyone heard an update on this thing yet? Can we order it? from where? does it actually imrove performance?

MazdaTree
03-09-2005, 09:53 AM
Originally posted by Airman Jack

has anyone heard an update on this thing yet? Can we order it? from where? does it actually imrove performance?

the cheapest place is Espec and i think its around 800 CDN

mEtH
03-09-2005, 10:35 AM
Its not the same as the autoexe intake that espec is selling. Same looking unit, different branding and a much lighter price tag.

Looks like nothing new yet. Their trying to get a guy in sacramento to get the piece installed and dyno. I am sure it wont be long now.

Might as well watch the real thread it started in...
http://www.mazda3forums.com/viewtopic.php?t=15290&postdays=0&postorder=asc&sta rt=0

Whos ur dadd
03-09-2005, 05:57 PM
I hope this thing does poorly.

Because I just bought the AEM. :(

Whos ur dadd
03-16-2005, 11:21 AM
It\'s ready! Well, almost!

M3F.com post (http://www.mazda3forums.com/viewtopic.php?t=15290&start=90)

I don\'t know what to do ... get this one or install my AEM!!!

majic
03-16-2005, 05:35 PM
can\'t wait for an official dyno/soundclip :)

hurry up already!

PlatMS6
03-17-2005, 08:51 AM
well it is selling for $149USD

http://www.umnitza.com/product_info.php?products_id=272

maybe tires23.com /espec could get their hands on these, they look great! plus i dont think u have to remove the bottom half of the original intake i believe since the resonator can stay in place (quick changeovers :p) this is what im understanding from the info...not 100% sure`

http://www.bankofcanada.ca/en/exchange.htm
150USD = 180.54CDN
Exchange Rate as of noon today: 1.2036

:)

majic
03-17-2005, 08:55 AM
Originally posted by 2004mz3

well it is selling for $149USD

http://www.umnitza.com/product_info.php?products_id=272

maybe tires23.com /espec could get their hands on these, they look great! plus i dont think u have to remove the bottom half of the original intake i believe since the resonator can stay in place (quick changeovers :p) this is what im understanding from the info...not 100% sure`

http://www.bankofcanada.ca/en/exchange.htm
150USD = 180.54CDN
Exchange Rate as of noon today: 1.2036

:)

lol where is it noon now? :p if you use cc you\'ll pay 2-3% more.. i\'d like to see a full dyno b4 i consider it.. also from what it looks like it\'s more of a SRI not a CAI and i dunno if it\'s getting any cooler air into the engine..

Whos ur dadd
03-17-2005, 10:01 AM
i\'d like to see a full dyno b4 i consider it.. also from what it looks like it\'s more of a SRI not a CAI and i dunno if it\'s getting any cooler air into the engine..

But it\'s $50 off for a \"limited time\". Betcha the offer expires the minute they post a dyno ;)

mEtH
03-17-2005, 11:53 AM
I\'d hate to have to change a light bulb with that thing in there. Too bad they had to put their logo on it...:p .

Whos ur dadd
03-18-2005, 04:47 AM
Vendor thinks 11hp is not out of the realm of possibility.

Anyone really think this sucker can provide 11hp?

PlatMS6
03-18-2005, 07:29 AM
fak no :p

Whos ur dadd
03-21-2005, 04:07 PM
I AM SUCH A LOSER.

I just ordered this intake. When I get it, it can sit next to my AEM CAI in the closet! Or maybe I can fit both the AEM and the Umnitza on at the same time and double my HP gains. :D

Hmmm, unless Martin can give me credit for the AEM when I buy some rims/tires from him, I may be sellin\' one of these intakes soon...

I really am an impulsive fugger head. No wonder I live paycheque to paycheque... :sarc

tommy36
03-25-2005, 05:07 PM
The intake is on the website now. From what i can tell it shows about 6.5 hp and 4 ft/lbs of torque increase. It\'s not super impressive, but i do like the way it looks. As far as looks go would you say the umnitza or a polished intake?

bubba1983
03-26-2005, 09:53 AM
Originally posted by Whos ur dadd

I AM SUCH A LOSER.

I just ordered this intake. When I get it, it can sit next to my AEM CAI in the closet! Or maybe I can fit both the AEM and the Umnitza on at the same time and double my HP gains. :D

Hmmm, unless Martin can give me credit for the AEM when I buy some rims/tires from him, I may be sellin\' one of these intakes soon...

I really am an impulsive fugger head. No wonder I live paycheque to paycheque... :sarc

haha OK ok ok, PATRICK...who\'s worse, ME and this guy?!?!?!

mEtH
03-26-2005, 09:59 PM
HAHA depends, was he drunk? :p

billyfo
03-28-2005, 09:31 PM
the price is uploaded, and it sells $192.26CAD. I just emailed them how much for shipping and quoted me $25 (US?) by USPS, so no custom fee and others charges like UPS.

If you want more info may be a GB, hopefully they can assist us.:D

majic
03-28-2005, 09:46 PM
Originally posted by billyfo

the price is uploaded, and it sells $192.26CAD. I just emailed them how much for shipping and quoted me $25 (US?) by USPS, so no custom fee and others charges like UPS.

If you want more info may be a GB, hopefully they can assist us.:D

from my earlier inquiry (when i was buying xtec kit from matt) i got quooted $25USD and was told they use USPS :)

Whos ur dadd
05-02-2005, 02:29 PM
Just got my SRI from Umnitza! Hopefully, I\'ll be able to install it by the end of August. I\'ll post a review then!!! :D

CRA snagged me for $4.56 GST and a handling fee of $8.00. As if they won\'t be takin enuf of my $$$ tonite when I do my taxes... fuggers...

majic
05-02-2005, 02:41 PM

Just got my SRI from Umnitza! Hopefully, I\'ll be able to install it by the end of August. I\'ll post a review then!!! :D

CRA snagged me for $4.56 GST and a handling fee of $8.00. As if they won\'t be takin enuf of my $$$ tonite when I do my taxes... fuggers...

awesome.. but umm august.. ok.. i tell you what.. i finish work at 4, home by 5:15.. i get in my car and zoom over to your house and borrow your intake so that i can protect it from collecting dust. i will tell you if it\'s worth for you to keep it or you should just let me have it b/c it\'s a crappy product ;)

deal? where do you live again?

Whos ur dadd
05-02-2005, 02:49 PM
Originally posted by majic

awesome.. but umm august.. ok.. i tell you what.. i finish work at 4, home by 5:15.. i get in my car and zoom over to your house and borrow your intake so that i can protect it from collecting dust. i will tell you if it\'s worth for you to keep it or you should just let me have it b/c it\'s a crappy product ;)

deal? where do you live again?

Okay. I\'ll leave it in the garage, next to the mousetraps....your dirty RAT!

Hey, if chrome door handles which are installed via 2-sided tape haven\'t even made it on yet, the intake\'s gonna need time to age properly as well. :p

majic
05-02-2005, 02:58 PM

Okay. I\'ll leave it in the garage, next to the mousetraps....your dirty RAT!

Hey, if chrome door handles which are installed via 2-sided tape haven\'t even made it on yet, the intake\'s gonna need time to age properly as well. :p

hey now.. play nice.. i\'m offering FREE Q&A

also.. i don\'t know if you\'ve heard but that intake needs to be broken in, so i am TRULLY doing you a favour - the break in time is about 3 month, wow what a coincidence.. may, june, july and you install it in august. :)

also, since you\'ve already taken the tuition money away from your son by buying those nice rims for your ride, the longer you keep the intake on the ground, the longer you FURTHER waste your son\'s college money.. also, mice and rats can easily bite a hole in that CF if you keep it on the ground as you suggest.. yet again, i am saving you $ and hassle! what a great friend i am :)

wtom
05-02-2005, 05:03 PM

Not too different from my procedures eh? Received mine in October04, installed in March05 hahaha

Mica3SGT
05-02-2005, 08:04 PM
Just ordered one minutes ago - seems like an awesome product and will suit the engine bay to a tee. I had a chanct to inspect the Injen and AEM at the last meet - jeebus those are long necked thingees! Betcha water can creep in. I was also9 looking at a shorty intake but the responses and pics suggested that this one is a ticket to ride. Hope the dealer can cope with the mods to date - there\'s more to come!

Once you have black, you\'ll never go back!

P.S. I have an aluminum gas cap from Mazda. Do you think this will be a great bithday present for my brother - it\'s tomorrow and he has a lava hatch - natch!:D :p

billyfo
05-02-2005, 09:34 PM
I also order mine yesterday, hopefully will get it within a week. installation?? may be when I have time at long wkend.

bubba1983
05-03-2005, 02:54 AM
SOMEBODY LET ME KNOW HOW THIS WORKS>....im SO tempted!!!

EMAGDNIM
05-03-2005, 10:24 PM
Once a few are installed please post up a review...Im on the edge or ordering one for my car...I just want to hear what others have to say about it.

wtom
05-03-2005, 11:30 PM
I hear whispers of \"race your cars against each other at the next meet\" hahahha j/k!!!

bubba1983
05-04-2005, 03:32 AM
right now injen is right there on my list...but this is cheaper, and im all abotu gettin the dollars worth...

skunk2
05-10-2005, 11:24 PM
mine just arrived today....might have time to install before the weekend....i\'ll snap some pics during install.

Mica3SGT
05-11-2005, 10:38 PM
Let me know how the install goes - I received mine yesterday and it didn\'t contain any instructions for installation. Carbon fibre looks cool!:p

bubba1983
05-11-2005, 11:42 PM
how much are you guys paying to your DOOr, including all brokerage fees, bottom dollar price to your door sitting in your lap?

its a debate now between this or the Injen, which i wanted origionally...but its much more expensive...

skunk2
05-12-2005, 11:56 AM
mine came up to about 250CAD and change.
shipped last thursday and at my door on tuesday.
it is installed....it sounds sweet. ill post pics later tonight.

Whos ur dadd
05-12-2005, 12:51 PM
Originally posted by bubba1983

how much are you guys paying to your DOOr, including all brokerage fees, bottom dollar price to your door sitting in your lap?

its a debate now between this or the Injen, which i wanted origionally...but its much more expensive...

seen this? cvr injen sale (http://www.mazda3forums.com/viewtopic.php?t=20299)

Whos ur dadd
05-12-2005, 12:52 PM
Originally posted by skunk2

mine came up to about 250CAD and change.
shipped last thursday and at my door on tuesday.
it is installed....it sounds sweet. ill post pics later tonight.

how long did it take ya?

seat o pants power?

bubba1983
05-12-2005, 01:04 PM
ehh 250, but then duties and shit liek that, be around 300bones

skunk2
05-12-2005, 02:40 PM
bubba its around 250 after duties and shipping.

Whos ur dadd.....if i have to do it again it will probably take 30 minutes from start to finish. but when i did it last night it took me about an hour...i just took my time removing everything and trying to figure out how it will go in.

regarding gains....i cant really tell because i dont get on the gas hard before i installed the intake. i noticed a smoother run from idle to just before redline. throttle response is improved.

i\'ll probably fab a separate bracket for the other sensor...too lazy to replace the screw holding it on the bracket that came with the intake with a longer one.

SwooshICE
05-18-2005, 01:54 AM
hey skunk, did they shipwith fedex???

midnightfxgt
05-18-2005, 08:22 AM
Just a heads up.... Xenon Expert has his availible for $124.99USD!!! :D

Thats a fair bit cheaper than Umnitza, and top quality service.

-John

skunk2
05-18-2005, 04:26 PM
midnight... saw that last night but i had ordered from umnitza too soon...i have it already but that would\'ve saved me a good 30 US.

Swoosh....shipped UPS 26CDn brokerage.

SwooshICE
05-18-2005, 04:40 PM
thx!

majic
05-18-2005, 04:51 PM
Originally posted by skunk2

midnight... saw that last night but i had ordered from umnitza too soon...i have it already but that would\'ve saved me a good 30 US.

Swoosh....shipped UPS 26CDn brokerage.

UPS? i thought umnitza ships USPS (at least to the USA) - so teh brokerage should be at a minimum.. still $26 bux on UPS brokerage is not that bad!!

chaser
05-18-2005, 05:24 PM
Originally posted by midnightfxgt

-John

Are they Unmitza? It doesn\'t say what brand the intake is on the website and the pic of the intake shown doesn\'t have the Unmitza label or any other label, though it looks like an Unmitza. I guess XE removed the label :sarc ?
Anyway, seems like a good deal for a CF intake :)

majic
05-18-2005, 08:07 PM
Originally posted by chaser

-John

Are they Unmitza? It doesn\'t say what brand the intake is on the website and the pic of the intake shown doesn\'t have the Unmitza label or any other label, though it looks like an Unmitza. I guess XE removed the label :sarc ?
Anyway, seems like a good deal for a CF intake :)

the intake is actually made by simota (http://www.simota.com/)

umnitza was the first one to get it in his hands and do some R&D and stick his sticker on it. XE just uses the CF w/o any stickers. once again there\'s a bunch of threadcrapping on M3F about it. you be the judge..

SwooshICE
05-18-2005, 09:40 PM
hehe i m gona be ordering real soon :)

midnightfxgt
05-19-2005, 12:59 AM
Yeah, Like Majic said... Same intake, different resellers. All it comes down to really.

-John

RedRaptor
05-20-2005, 01:41 AM

Yeah, Like Majic said... Same intake, different resellers. All it comes down to really.

-John

Just so that you guys are aware. XenonExpert charges a 7% tax onto their purchase. So when you order an intake from them its $125 USD + $15 USD shipping + 7% tax which will come out to around $150 USD, which is the same as what Umnitza is selling it for or is $10 USD cheaper.

I don\'t understand how XE can charge 7% tax on goods that aren\'t even shipped from Canada?

MajesticBlueNTO
05-20-2005, 01:48 AM
Originally posted by RedRaptor

-John

Just so that you guys are aware. XenonExpert charges a 7% tax onto their purchase. So when you order an intake from them its $125 USD + $15 USD shipping + 7% tax which will come out to around $150 USD, which is the same as what Umnitza is selling it for or is $10 USD cheaper.

I don\'t understand how XE can charge 7% tax on goods that aren\'t even shipped from Canada?

i was just about to post something similar on this thread on M3F (http://mazda3forums.com/viewtopic.php?t=21248).

is XE even registered as a business with a GST#? are these sales invoiced and claimed against taxes or is the 7% extra really extra profit.

Also, since the product is shipped from the USA, if people don\'t ask about the duty charge and get reimbursed as midnightfxgt did, they are charged GST AGAIN!

i\'m not familiar with Canadian business law, but something doesn\'t smell right here.

billyfo
05-29-2005, 04:43 PM
I got mine on Friday, and installed today. took me about 1:30 to install it (but need minus around 20mins for raining and lunch time:D ). installation not quite easy, such as you have to pull hard for the lower OEM airbox, rubber house connected to the TB, and one of the sensor. And because my HID ballasts, causing quite hard to put the CF box in the right place. but overall anyone can install it.

The box come without any instruction, and some ppl at M3F provided info not quite clear enough for me when re-install the hoses and sensors.

I\'ll have some reviews later, give me one week to write the report.:p

Candyman
06-07-2005, 02:26 AM
Originally posted by RedRaptor

-John

Hey red,

Saw all your post on M3F. I think you\'re right to question him. Have you asked him about the 7% tax to Canada? I\'d be interested to hear what he says before I order.

Thanks

Candyman

SwooshICE
06-07-2005, 06:30 AM
here is yer answer
http://www.mazda3forums.com/viewtopic.php?t=21248

tommy36
08-01-2005, 05:54 PM
Mine was delivered on Saturday, just got done putting it in. First of all, their were no directions just the pics online, which made it hard. It took a bit to figure out how to take out the old one and how the umnitza went together. Overall the quality of carbon fiber is wonderful, it is an impressive piece of work for the price. It looks great with the battery vent reinstalled. The thing that surprised me was the sound. It really does sound like an exhaust under your hood. It sounds pretty mean. I wish you could hear it.

The reason i went with the sri was because the injen and aem sit too low for the winter weather, and i liked the look of the sri carbon fiber and how high it sits in the bay. I don\'t know what the performance increase is like, but it does give the engine an interesting sound. I\'ll get some pics up soon of the final product.