PDA

View Full Version : Winter Tires for 05 M3 GT GFX

sibooo
02-21-2005, 07:14 PM
Can anyone recommend a location in Mississauga that I can get winter tires for my new M3 GT GFX? Will the larger tires pose much of a problem?

Thanks.

Dr Butcher
02-21-2005, 07:22 PM
Not sure on a location because I\'m at the other end of town. I think Tires23 and ESpec are based in the west end. Many of our members have bought from them with good results. I\'m not sure what stock would be like, I think they are already ordering summer tires and rims already.... Check out a few threads in this forum about upsizing rims and tires. Also if you\'re worried about tire sizing and speedometer issues, play with this. It\'ll help you with your decision:

http://www.miata.net/garage/tirecalc.html

sibooo
02-21-2005, 07:26 PM
Originally posted by Dr Butcher

Not sure on a location because I\'m at the other end of town. I think Tires23 and ESpec are based in the west end. Many of our members have bought from them with good results. I\'m not sure what stock would be like, I think they are already ordering summer tires and rims already.... Check out a few threads in this forum about upsizing rims and tires. Also if you\'re worried about tire sizing and speedometer issues, play with this. It\'ll help you with your decision:

http://www.miata.net/garage/tirecalc.html

Thanks for your reply. I\'m actually going through all the threads about winters looking for some info (I guess I should have done that first)!

I\'ll look into Tires23 & ESpec. After sliding all over the last few days I really need some winters soon!

majic
02-21-2005, 07:56 PM
i guess better late than never.. they are worth every penny.. but i think it might be a bit hard for you to find some now.. u might have to \'settle\' for some icetrac or noirdictrac (whatever crappy tire sells) good luck.. they\'ll be your best mod ever (on par with summer tires/HIDs)

billyfo
02-21-2005, 08:06 PM
I got mine late Jan 04, then I opt not to have winter tires that time cause I thought that there wouldn\'t be any stock for tires and a good price. what model do you have, if you get 16\" tires, it is fine at this moment, if you get 17\" like me, just drive slow like granny, accerelate very slow and brake very early :D

sibooo
02-21-2005, 08:07 PM
I\'m checking crappy tire online right now for some prices. Damn these 17\'s are expensive!

sibooo
02-21-2005, 08:10 PM
So far I\'ve only found 1 tire that come in 20550R17 & it\'s $250 (Goodyear Eagle Ultra Grip GW3)!

billyfo
02-21-2005, 08:13 PM
17\" winter tires are expensive, try downgrade to 16\" tires and rims, it costs same or less than 17\" tires only.

sibooo
02-21-2005, 08:17 PM
Originally posted by billyfo

17\" winter tires are expensive, try downgrade to 16\" tires and rims, it costs same or less than 17\" tires only.

I didn\'t know you could do that. Does it affect the performance?

majic
02-21-2005, 08:19 PM
Originally posted by sibooo

So far I\'ve only found 1 tire that come in 20550R17 & it\'s $250 (Goodyear Eagle Ultra Grip GW3)!

thei is why i suggested

product #
06-2070-8
OR
03-1565-4 (crap.. they don\'t make them in our size)

BUT check with tires23 and espec first

chaser
02-22-2005, 01:20 AM
Originally posted by sibooo
I didn\'t know you could do that. Does it affect the performance?

yes, it does affect the performance on the good side :) . No need to think about 15\" or smaller because it won\'t fit the big rotor.

Mayhem
02-22-2005, 03:39 AM
I got the Nordic IceTracks and 16\" steel rims from Crappy Tire. I drove them in a major snowstorm on the 401 on Sunday and they were very good. Also, the steel rims fit perfectly. Hubcentric and everything.