PDA

View Full Version : Power Outlets

peter87
03-01-2005, 05:18 PM
I am trying to get something working from my power outlet and it doesnt seem to be working...I tried it on other cars in my family and it works fine...(it works on a civic...now how can it work for a civic and not a mazda3)...anyways it requires 12 volts to operate...i wanted to know if there is something wrong with my power outlet or can the 3 not handle 12 volts?

midnightfxgt
03-01-2005, 08:13 PM
It will handle it just fine. The 3 isnt like some other cars though.... The cig lighter does not work when the car is off.

~JOHN

peter87
03-01-2005, 08:26 PM
The problem it that I have tried it and it isnt working.

wtom
03-02-2005, 10:14 AM
Car is ON when you try? Have you tried other products plugging into the cigarette lighter?

If it comes down to nothing working on your Mazda3 but they work on other cars, you may have a defective cigarette lighter and thus take it to a dealership for service repair/replace.

Whos ur dadd
03-02-2005, 12:36 PM
You have to find out whether there\'s ohm mghz current drawing throught the right negative feed wire to the cigarette lighter. You could use a reverse polarizimeter ($19.99 at Radioshack) to test the a/c loop current or you can run this simple test:

1. Lick finger;
2. Immediately stick said finger in the cigarette lighter.

If you get zapped, it\'s not the cigarette lighter.

Once you do this, please report back and then we\'ll troubleshoot from there.

peter87
03-03-2005, 07:18 PM
whos ur daddy...no shock...i went to markham mazda today and I asked them why I am having this problem and he tells me that I flew a fuse...So I\'m like to him how is that possible if the power outlet is working so he starts making up bs on how the car cant handle the required power so i force him to ask a mechanic and the mechanic is like this should be able to function no problem...so i ask the salesperson if i can try it on another car in the lot to see if its all the mazda3s or just mine and he tells me that i will skrew up the cars...anyways he continued to make up s*** so i booked an appointment tomorrow so they can check all the electricals in the car.

Does anyone know if this is covered on the warrenty or do u think he will charge me since they suposibly need over 2 hours?

Ex-Rolla
03-03-2005, 11:20 PM
Originally posted by peter87

whos ur daddy...no shock...i went to markham mazda today and I asked them why I am having this problem and he tells me that I flew a fuse...So I\'m like to him how is that possible if the power outlet is working so he starts making up bs on how the car cant handle the required power so i force him to ask a mechanic and the mechanic is like this should be able to function no problem...so i ask the salesperson if i can try it on another car in the lot to see if its all the mazda3s or just mine and he tells me that i will skrew up the cars...anyways he continued to make up s*** so i booked an appointment tomorrow so they can check all the electricals in the car.

Does anyone know if this is covered on the warrenty or do u think he will charge me since they suposibly need over 2 hours?

First off, I would say go to another dealership. From all that I have read about Markham Mazda, I would not step foot in that building.

Second, I guess it depends on how many KM the car has, if below 36 (I think) it should be covered.

Good Luck

ex

MZ3_GS
05-08-2005, 02:02 PM
Check the fuse, for some mysterious reason the fuse in my Cig Lighter Plug blew with nothing even plugged in.